Sick and Tired of this N-Word Stuff...

Sad? Why? You think you should be able to call a black guy a n*gger? Seriously? You can use n*gger, you just cannot use it as direct insult to an individual. Given the historic context of that particular word, why is it such a problem to not use it? Can you not be creative enough to think of a more appropriate insult? I can.

Only very, very, very stupid people want to call anyone a n*gger.

Yes, I feel the same right of free speech applies to everyone...and I'm sure you can think of a slur for each and every ethnic group, religious group, etc.

It should be up to me to use good judgement, not some governmental agency.
And once your companion uses a term or statement that you find objectionable....say so.
Period.

Let's be clear....you seem to wish to make this my quest to use a specific term...It is not.
It is not your business to tell another person what they may or may not say; it is your business to respond appropriately to that person, with whatever correction you choose to make.
And to decide whether or not to speak to them in the future.

It is my opinion that censorship of one's speech is un-American. Especially if that censorship extends to only one particular word or one particular group. In that case, one should look into the reasoning behind same.

I don't disagree with the censorship stuff. But.... comparing 'n*gger' to other generic insulting terms for any group is not appropriate. No other word has the same historical context. 'N*gger' is directly linked to slavery.... it's that context that makes it inappropriate, not the word itself.

It is your right to call someone 'n*gger' if you so choose. It is my right to call you a fucking moronic racist if you do.

Do you realize how many words are commonly used today that at one time were considered to be highly insulting and even perverted ?

"...know that it is how the word is used, ..."

Good to see you retreat from 'the use of the word', to your new position, 'how' it is used.

Particular days of the week next?

I told you, if you don't believe me go out into the streets and conduct an experiment, call a black person the n word and see what happens. Don't get upset if you end up losing some teeth though.
words and actions are different. Make a note.
No one has the right to harm someone because of what they say.

LOL so you want to be able to throw around crude vulgar insults and than be immune to people being angry and wanting to hurt you? LOL! good luck with that.

I don't disagree with the censorship stuff. But.... comparing 'n*gger' to other generic insulting terms for any group is not appropriate. No other word has the same historical context. 'N*gger' is directly linked to slavery.... it's that context that makes it inappropriate, not the word itself.

It is your right to call someone 'n*gger' if you so choose. It is my right to call you a fucking moronic racist if you do.

"It is your right to call someone 'n*gger' if you so choose. It is my right to call you a fucking moronic racist if you do."

Excellent summary of the thread.

Than it is the right of that person who you called a n*gger to knock you the fuck out if he or she sees fit.:cool:

Anyone who is offended has the right to physically harm the person who verbally offended them.---that will go over big.

"It is your right to call someone 'n*gger' if you so choose. It is my right to call you a fucking moronic racist if you do."

Than it is the right of that person who you called a n*gger to knock you the fuck out if he or she sees fit.:cool:

Anyone who is offended has the right to physically harm the person who verbally offended them.---that will go over big.

Thats the real world pal, you want to call a black person the n word, get ready to deal with the fall out from it. Same things happen when you call Hispanics, Asians etc racist slurs, they are not going to shake your hand and thank you for it.:cuckoo:

Thats the real world pal, you want to call a black person the n word, get ready to deal with the fall out from it. Same things happen when you call Hispanics, Asians etc racist slurs, they are not going to shake your hand and thank you for it.:cuckoo:

After a few arrests for assault, the poor offended ones might wanna rethink that plan.

Tell ya what------let's make a list of all the words that make people fighting mad and outlaw them. You OK with that ?

Truly a stupid comment.

After a few arrests for assault, the poor offended ones might wanna rethink that plan.

Tell ya what------let's make a list of all the words that make people fighting mad and outlaw them. You OK with that ?

Some people don't give a shit about arrests, minor assaults you get out within 24 hours anyways, you can also get charged for using crude language like the n word yourself chief.

Some people don't give a shit about arrests, minor assaults you get out within 24 hours anyways, you can also get charged for using crude language like the n word yourself chief.

hey---if you feel justified, it's your right to go for it and deal with the consequences. Please remember that when you use ANY word that might offend someone else. I think civilized people deal with being offended a bit differently tho.

hey---if you feel justified, it's your right to go for it and deal with the consequences. Please remember that when you use ANY word that might offend someone else. I think civilized people deal with being offended a bit differently tho.

Well the way I look at it is you can say what you want, however you can't complain when the person you are insulting strikes back at you and even hurts you. People don't sit there and smile when you use vulgar and crude language, thats just not the way the world works.

Regarding N word:

1. If you mean to address someone as a fellow brother in da hood
Just substitute the word "NEIGHBOR"
as in "NEIGHBOR PLEEZE!!!"
or "How's my NEIGHBOR doing?"

2. If someone is acting like a lazy slob and victim of oppression,
then substitute the word BEGGAR
as in

"Hey you BEGGARS get your act together
I'm tired of working and breaking my back
While you stand on the street corner
Selling your crack"

In both contexts, people will get your meaning directly
without using the N word that refers to race.

Last edited:
Regarding N word:

as in

Selling your crack"

even if you don't literally use or say the N word!

do we get to suggest alternate ways of behaving too cuz the way some people act bugs the shit out of me ?

I'm sick and tired of idiots that say they're sick and tired.

Take some aspirin and go to bed!!! :eusa_whistle:

Regarding N word:

as in

Selling your crack"

do we get to suggest alternate ways of behaving too cuz the way some people act bugs the shit out of me ?

YES that is the whole point.
To IDENTIFY and address the BEHAVIOR that is objectionable.
Not tie this to any race to make a generalization.

EXACTLY! Thank you. The more SPECIFIC the better! This is a million times more effective than using a general slur, especially if it is race-based that reflects poorly on the speaker, which DETRACTS from the real point you are trying to make.

Last edited:

I think its hilarious when "anti racist" people say things like this. Telling us if we use the word "ni**er some black guy will knock us out.
Let me ask you this. Given the FACT that most negroes would react with violence for someone just using a simple word, doesnt that pretty much justify racism towards that group? Personally, I dont want a group of people who respond with violence just because someone says a word, anywhere near me or my family.

:cuckoo:

I think its hilarious when "anti racist" people say things like this. Telling us if we use the word "ni**er some black guy will knock us out.
Let me ask you this. Given the FACT that most negroes would react with violence for someone just using a simple word, doesnt that pretty much justify racism towards that group? Personally, I dont want a group of people who respond with violence just because someone says a word, anywhere near me or my family.

Your not making any fucking sense, you expect to able to use crude and offensive language towards someone and have them do nothing? so if you go up to a white person and use offensive language against them they will smile and thank you right? and of course you are ok with people who use foul words like n*gger around you and your family right? what the fuck ever.:cuckoo:

Last edited:
What is to be made of those in the Black community that use the "N" word then? Hypocrites?
Afterall I don't know of any mentally challenged people who call each other "retarded".

Your not making any fucking sense, you expect to able to use crude and offensive language towards someone and have them do nothing? so if you go up to a white person and use offensive language against them they will smile and thank you right? what the fuck ever.:cuckoo:
Absolutely. Some negro could call me a "honkey mofo" and I would just laugh at them. I dont react violently over words. Only weak minded people and savage sub-humans react violently over words.

Your not making any fucking sense, you expect to able to use crude and offensive language towards someone and have them do nothing? so if you go up to a white person and use offensive language against them they will smile and thank you right? what the fuck ever.:cuckoo:
Absolutely. Some negro could call me a "honkey mofo" and I would just laugh at them. I dont react violently over words. Only weak minded people and savage sub-humans react violently over words.

Honkey mofo isn't as offensive as the n word, nice try.:cuckoo: And if your seriously using the word "negro" your just some throw back from the days of segregation who shouldn't be taken seriously, next.

Last edited:
Regarding N word:

as in

Selling your crack"

YES that is the whole point.
To IDENTIFY and address the BEHAVIOR that is objectionable.
Not tie this to any race to make a generalization.

EXACTLY! Thank you. The more SPECIFIC the better! This is a million times more effective than using a general slur, especially if it is race-based that reflects poorly on the speaker, which DETRACTS from the real point you are trying to make.

and if they don't change the behavior that I want them to change ?

Truly a stupid comment.

NOTE: we have the "freedom" to use or abuse speech for positive or negative consequences. we only have the "right" to the same degree we accept "responsibility".

people don't have the right to hit people (as a physical response to something verbal, which is disproportionate) because by the time they take responsibility for what that entails, they would also solve the problem that would cause them to hit.

If a conflict is verbal or intellectual, it should be resolved on that level.

we have the right to use force for self-defense because we can justify responsibility in that case. but excessive force that is not justifiable, breaks the bounds of responsibility and is not a right. we have freedom to make mistakes by trial and error but again must take responsibility for the consquences if we want to learn by experience the hard way!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back