Sick and Tired of this N-Word Stuff...

I'm saying just what I said.

Folks dress appropriately at work and speak appropriately. For the most part.

If they do not, others will show the correct reactions to correct them.

My attitude extends to speech, dress...most individual rights that I can think of. (Oops! Ended a sentence with a preposition!)

I find that there is very little requirement for correction.
I have found folks who use language that I find objectionable, and have no trouble in moving beyond and away....for the record, I have noone on 'ignore,' nor have I ever given a neg rep. I don't correct anyone's language (although I have been known to poke fun at spelling or grammar.)

"if you called someone the n word at your job you would be fired as well."
That would be up to the employer, wouldn't it.
As far as I know, there is no law that requires an employer to do so...and if a civil suit resulted in some penalty to an individual for same, it is a decision to which I would be opposed.

No one has a 'right' not to be offended.

So your saying people should just be able to go around throwing around racial slurs at whoever they want with no reprecussions? sorry I don't agree and I am glad most people don't agree with you on this either.

As far as I know, there is no law that requires an employer to do so...and if a civil suit resulted in some penalty to an individual for same, it is a decision to which I would be opposed.

Hahahaha really? if you really believe this go up to a black person at your job ad just drop the n bomb, lets see how long you last.

If we operate on the logic that if anyone is offended by something it should be banned or censored we may as well end the human experiment and set the earth to self destruct.

I really don't know what to tell you, if you guys are so hungry to use racial slurs with impunity looks up the local KKK chapter in your local area or neo nazi group, they will be glad to help you.

So your saying it should be ok to use foul language like that? if you called someone the n word at your job you would be fired as well.

My attitude extends to speech, dress...most individual rights that I can think of. (Oops! Ended a sentence with a preposition!)

I have found folks who use language that I find objectionable, and have no trouble in moving beyond and away....for the record, I have noone on 'ignore,' nor have I ever given a neg rep. I don't correct anyone's language (although I have been known to poke fun at spelling or grammar.)

So your saying people should just be able to go around throwing around racial slurs at whoever they want with no reprecussions? sorry I don't agree and I am glad most people don't agree with you on this either.

Hahahaha really? if you really believe this go up to a black person at your job ad just drop the n bomb, lets see how long you last.

Be serious.

I'm sure that you know that where there is a familiarity, friendship, a relationship, the term goes back and forth between blacks, and between blacks and whites.
And I have seen and heard same.

I bet you have too.

If we operate on the logic that if anyone is offended by something it should be banned or censored we may as well end the human experiment and set the earth to self destruct.

I really don't know what to tell you, if you guys are so hungry to use racial slurs with impunity looks up the local KKK chapter in your local area or neo nazi group, they will be glad to help you.

I fully expect there to be consequences of everything I say or do. If there weren't what would be the point in saying or doing anything ? If only the people who are looking for something to be offended by would accept the consequqences of their behavior but NOOOOOO. They expect whatever is offensive to disappear. Fat chance of that happening. ( sorry--I didn't mean to offend the obese)

Be serious.

I'm sure that you know that where there is a familiarity, friendship, a relationship, the term goes back and forth between blacks, and between blacks and whites.

I bet you have too.

I'm sure you have enough common sense to know that it is how the word is used, if you are really serious about this go outside and call the closest black person to you the n word, don't get upset though when you get the taste slapped out of your mouth.

I fully expect there to be consequences of everything I say or do. If there weren't what would be the point in saying or doing anything ? If only the people who are looking for something to be offended by would accept the consequqences of their behavior but NOOOOOO. They expect whatever is offensive to disappear. Fat chance of that happening. ( sorry--I didn't mean to offend the obese)

Why is using the n word and other offensive terms so important to you? why do you want this so badly?

For some reason, you are attempting to move this discussion in a direction beyond the posts...

"... if you guys are so hungry to use racial slurs with impunity ..."

this is absurd, as no one has suggested that, but you.

Are you not able to handle the discussion in the realm of censorship, or the right not to be offended?

Because that is the venue under discussion.

For some reason, you are attempting to move this discussion in a direction beyond the posts...

Are you not able to handle the discussion in the realm of censorship, or the right not to be offended?

You all are compaining you want to be able to use offensive words like the n word with impunity, why is this so important to you? is this word so important you can't live without it?

Be serious.

I bet you have too.

I'm sure you have enough common sense to know that it is how the word is used, if you are really serious about this go outside and call the closest black person to you the n word, don't get upset though when you get the taste slapped out of your mouth.

"...know that it is how the word is used, ..."

Good to see you retreat from 'the use of the word', to your new position, 'how' it is used.

Particular days of the week next?

Why is using the n word and other offensive terms so important to you? why do you want this so badly?

I want freedom of speech more. Next time someone tells me they are offended by something I say I wanna kick their ass. Tons of people walk around all day being offended and keep it to themselves. It's called toleration.

Be serious.

I bet you have too.

Good to see you retreat from 'the use of the word', to your new position, 'how' it is used.

I told you, if you don't believe me go out into the streets and conduct an experiment, call a black person the n word and see what happens. Don't get upset if you end up losing some teeth though.

You all are compaining you want to be able to use offensive words like the n word with impunity, why is this so important to you? is this word so important you can't live without it?

"...You all are compaining you want to be able to use offensive words like the n word with impunity..."

Complete fabrication on your part.

I want freedom of speech more. Next time someone tells me they are offended by something I say I wanna kick their ass. Tons of people walk around all day being offended and keep it to themselves. It's called toleration.

So basically you want to talk to people however you want and they have to suck it up? sorry thats not how it is in the real world.

"...You all are compaining you want to be able to use offensive words like the n word with impunity..."

Complete fabrication on your part.

No, its not.

I told you, if you don't believe me go out into the streets and conduct an experiment, call a black person the n word and see what happens. Don't get upset if you end up losing some teeth though.

This is a bogus attempt to vitiate the thread.

words and actions are different. Make a note.
No one has the right to harm someone because of what they say.

Sad to hear that.

If anything, it represents the extent to which that kind of bogus thinking has taken hold in this great nation.
I have always seen it as pandering by the Left to the group whose voting block in necessary for them to keep power.

Sad? Why? You think you should be able to call a black guy a n*gger? Seriously? You can use n*gger, you just cannot use it as direct insult to an individual. Given the historic context of that particular word, why is it such a problem to not use it? Can you not be creative enough to think of a more appropriate insult? I can.

Only very, very, very stupid people want to call anyone a n*gger.

Yes, I feel the same right of free speech applies to everyone...and I'm sure you can think of a slur for each and every ethnic group, religious group, etc.

It should be up to me to use good judgement, not some governmental agency.
And once your companion uses a term or statement that you find objectionable....say so.
Period.

Let's be clear....you seem to wish to make this my quest to use a specific term...It is not.
It is not your business to tell another person what they may or may not say; it is your business to respond appropriately to that person, with whatever correction you choose to make.
And to decide whether or not to speak to them in the future.

It is my opinion that censorship of one's speech is un-American. Especially if that censorship extends to only one particular word or one particular group. In that case, one should look into the reasoning behind same.

I don't disagree with the censorship stuff. But.... comparing 'n*gger' to other generic insulting terms for any group is not appropriate. No other word has the same historical context. 'N*gger' is directly linked to slavery.... it's that context that makes it inappropriate, not the word itself.

It is your right to call someone 'n*gger' if you so choose. It is my right to call you a fucking moronic racist if you do.

Sad? Why? You think you should be able to call a black guy a n*gger? Seriously? You can use n*gger, you just cannot use it as direct insult to an individual. Given the historic context of that particular word, why is it such a problem to not use it? Can you not be creative enough to think of a more appropriate insult? I can.

Only very, very, very stupid people want to call anyone a n*gger.

Yes, I feel the same right of free speech applies to everyone...and I'm sure you can think of a slur for each and every ethnic group, religious group, etc.

And once your companion uses a term or statement that you find objectionable....say so.
Period.

Let's be clear....you seem to wish to make this my quest to use a specific term...It is not.
It is not your business to tell another person what they may or may not say; it is your business to respond appropriately to that person, with whatever correction you choose to make.

It is my opinion that censorship of one's speech is un-American. Especially if that censorship extends to only one particular word or one particular group. In that case, one should look into the reasoning behind same.

I don't disagree with the censorship stuff. But.... comparing 'n*gger' to other generic insulting terms for any group is not appropriate. No other word has the same historical context. 'N*gger' is directly linked to slavery.... it's that context that makes it inappropriate, not the word itself.

It is your right to call someone 'n*gger' if you so choose. It is my right to call you a fucking moronic racist if you do.

"It is your right to call someone 'n*gger' if you so choose. It is my right to call you a fucking moronic racist if you do."

Excellent summary of the thread.
I agree.

Period.

"It is your right to call someone 'n*gger' if you so choose. It is my right to call you a fucking moronic racist if you do."

Excellent summary of the thread.

Than it is the right of that person who you called a n*gger to knock you the fuck out if he or she sees fit.:cool:

This is a bogus attempt to vitiate the thread.

LOL the whole thread is bogus to begin with.

Forum List

Back