Sick And Tired Of Democrats?

The ignorance of American conservatives is astounding. There are no conservative governments outside of the U.S. Except possibly Russia.

American conservatives all but destroyed the world's economy. The U.S. has been in social decline since Reagan. Schools are getting worse. Both personal and public debt is at an all time high.

And you idiots are too busy worrying about gay marriage to notice.

You apparently are too young to remember Carter, those were some dismal years. Even he agrees as evidenced with his "Crisis of Confidence" speech or his Malaise speech. Carter was a mess a real mess. Reagan brought back pride to be an American. His policies started the greatest peacetime expansion of the economy in history. Sadly it only took 2 decades and a whole bunch of free trade agreements to derail the economy for the working man.

I suppose next we will have posts on how the Republicans can't win elections, or we would had the democrats not gotten crushed in 2014. But you well know there were lots of those types of posts. So how in the left wing can be in power for so much of the time yet try to exclude themselves from the mess created is really quite interesting. Reagan, he restored America, it took Clinton to screw it up. It was predicted and has happened.

I am a little sick of identity politics. The democrats would win every election if it got away from it and focused on infrastructure, science, r&d, education, minimum wage and putting America first. The democrats would be wise to become the party of the middle and finding a way for the poor to become that.

Slash, cut and burn couldn't compete against that....Instead Like Jwoodie spoke of above they focus on nastiness and putting one group against the other.

It's upsetting that the Democrats being the party that did away with NASA was largely ignored by the media. I grew up during the 1980's. Chucking NASA was about the most unamerican action by this administration. I remember how much we loved space exploration and our space program, how it excited and energized our imaginations. How it goes away with hardly a wimper is beyond me.

Space exploration is expensive. When you have conservatives who consider taxes "theft" of their earnings, space exploration is money that doesn't have to be spent. It's a luxury, and a very expensive luxury at that.

I can remember when the first moon landing happened, some Americans said that it was time to cut back on NASA funding since the goal had been achieved.

Dem's are running some old white rich lady for president unopposed, meanwhile the GOP primary already has two minorities in the race.

Hillary is not running unopposed in the primaries.

Please try and keep up with the rest of the class.

Lincoln Chafee I m running - CNN.com

Your post makes you appear foolish and well unintelligent.

that's funny. your posts make you seem insane.

and no one cares what you're sick of.

I must say that based on past elections and how this country was affected by the outcomes, that liberals have not done all that badly no mater how badly the right tries to spin it.

I get sick and tired of "the blame game." Tell me what you are going to do, not what you aren't going to do.

Not all conservatives ideas are bad. A balanced budget is a very good idea. Conversely, the Democrats also have good ideas. The idea of funding programs before they're implemented is a good one.

Instead you have infighting, brinksmanship, and your country going down the toilet because to work together is frowned on by the Republican base.

Across the globe people are waking up to leftist liberal policy failings and in some cases getting ready to SUFFER quite badly for their refusal to address the leftist liberal failing earlier.

Greece which is OLDER then America may well fall in the next year due to the poor planning and leftist liberal lies. Their very existing now falls on a month to month basis.

We here in America are on a global islamic and communist ass kissing tour. Obozo is throwing money to both the jihadists and communists. We are being told that we must accept a stone age culture as equal.

What rights do you think Hillary will take? You ALREADY know she will do ANYTHING legal or not to cover her tracks. You ALREADY know that she lies damn near ever time she opens her mouth.

What does that TRULY say about leftist liberals stand on women when the BEST they can put up is a lying Douche Nozzle? If that truly reflects what leftist liberals see as the PERFECT woman then they NEED to do some weeding.

Most of the DNCs female leadership are relics of time passed. Relics belong in museums NOT active government. Then there is this ass kissing apology tour by leftist liberals.

Leftist liberals chiding Republicans OR Libertarians or Tea Party members about being dragged back in to the 1700s. Are you REALLY buying that CRAP from the SAME people trying to lead you to the "glory" of the 700s? REALLY?

The foudation of America is STRONG and there is a culture plan on the table,
It says WE ALL MOVE AHEAD TOGETHER. And you want me to TRADE that for your liberal leftist islamic bullsh8t?

NO SALE! Here's Pat...

Well said Pat. He has the liberal left Islamic-appeasers pegged.

Ho hum, how easily they forget that the crash was the direct result of subprime mortgages "encouraged" by the federal government to increase minority home ownership (ACA). Another example of disastrous social engineering by the Democrats.
How many more times do we have to remind them of this before they stop telling that lie? We have You Tube video of the democrats demanding houses be affordable for the poor.

So who was that guy acting like George Bush the President when he (Bush) was proudly proclaiming that increasing home ownership rates was one of his big objectives? Who was that impostor who told the bank regulators to ease up on underwriting standards for home mortgages?
...snip...

You people always make that claim. Show us the video.

Ho hum, how easily they forget that the crash was the direct result of subprime mortgages "encouraged" by the federal government to increase minority home ownership (ACA). Another example of disastrous social engineering by the Democrats.

So who was that guy acting like George Bush the President when he (Bush) was proudly proclaiming that increasing home ownership rates was one of his big objectives? Who was that impostor who told the bank regulators to ease up on underwriting standards for home mortgages?

You be delusional dude. And efforts have been made for well over a year to educate you Republican dumb asses as to what actually happened in the housing crash. But you fucks be to dumb to learn and just keep repeating the same ole bullshit. Weird. To bad the only ones who believe you are the same dumb fucks that always believe in the Republican myths and fantasies.

Btw, has there ever been a Republican who took responsibility for their actions? Or is passing the blame and ignoring your own responsibility a pre requisite for being a Republican?

Sorry, Zeke -- the housing bubble was not a right-wing brain fart. It had bi-partisan support all the way, starting with Bill Clinton and House republicans.

The housing bubble is all on W's shoulders. He's the guy who lowered interest rates to almost nothing to spur home ownership. The Republican Congress pushed through deregulation of the banking industry, which paved the way for a multitude of fiscal shenanigans although Clinton signed the bill.

W's presidency was the most toxic mix of failed Republican policies, lack of regulation and unfunded wars. Plus he gave tax breaks to companies that moved jobs off-shore. That Obama was able to stop the economic free fall he was left with, is a miracle.

Finding myself sick of everyone in American politics. Getting to the point where I'm thinking, "If the system itself lends itself to corruption and only the rich have a say in what comes to be, then isn't starting over the only solution? What our Founders made was in response to an unfair monarchy system. So rather than stay and try to fix that since the system itself was unfair, they left and started over. Now centuries later we've become the very thing we fled to begin something new. But since there's no where left to leave for and begin anew, what's the option? The US now is not what it began as. We're no longer a participatory democracy of the people, by the poeple, for the people. We're a 'of the rich, by the rich, for the rich' system where everyone else can go fuck themselves."

I am a little sick of identity politics. The democrats would win every election if it got away from it and focused on infrastructure, science, r&d, education, minimum wage and putting America first. The democrats would be wise to become the party of the middle and finding a way for the poor to become that.

Slash, cut and burn couldn't compete against that....Instead Like Jwoodie spoke of above they focus on nastiness and putting one group against the other.

It's upsetting that the Democrats being the party that did away with NASA was largely ignored by the media. I grew up during the 1980's. Chucking NASA was about the most unamerican action by this administration. I remember how much we loved space exploration and our space program, how it excited and energized our imaginations. How it goes away with hardly a wimper is beyond me.

Space exploration is expensive. When you have conservatives who consider taxes "theft" of their earnings, space exploration is money that doesn't have to be spent. It's a luxury, and a very expensive luxury at that.

I can remember when the first moon landing happened, some Americans said that it was time to cut back on NASA funding since the goal had been achieved.

Having no technology in place when a comet appears on a collision course with earth will prove even more expensive.

How many more times do we have to remind them of this before they stop telling that lie? We have You Tube video of the democrats demanding houses be affordable for the poor.

My friend BOTH parties are guilty of this. These politicians encouraging everyone to go into debt up to their eyeballs may be our downfall one day, look at the damage its done to date. And not just in the mortgage market, there's over $1 trillion dollars in outstanding student loan debt, that's just insane.

Exactly. The Bush administration launched the most aggressive expansion of credit in American history. When they ran out of solvent borrowers, they opened the floodgates to the non-credit worthy. Don't take my word for it. Listen for once to the actual words of W. He spells out very clearly how he intends to break down all barriers to home ownership in poor neighborhoods.

My friend BOTH parties are guilty of this. These politicians encouraging everyone to go into debt up to their eyeballs may be our downfall one day, look at the damage its done to date. And not just in the mortgage market, there's over $1 trillion dollars in outstanding student loan debt, that's just insane.

During the postwar years the American middle class had high wages and benefits. As a result, we were able to support the most robust consumption economy in history. It was a virtuous cycle because the ability of Americans to flock into Main Street stores waiving consumer dollars meant that small businesses could start-up and thrive and hire more people.

But there was a flaw. The labor costs, tax polices and trade polices of the postwar years placed limits on profit. The cost of supporting a free, upwardly mobile middle class (as compared to cheap wage-slaves in 3rd world countries) was too high for the transnational mega-corporations who started taking over Washington with the rise of Reagan. Our best and brightest wanted cheaper operating costs, which mandated the restructuring of labor markets on the 3rd world model.

So Reagan (and all the presidents thereafter, Left & Right) supported trade, labor and tax policies that greatly reduced the burden on investors. As a result, production was shifted from high wage regions in the West to China and global South (the "3rd world"). This resulted in the deindustrialization of the U.S. as communist China became the globe's manufacturing center of the world (and the greatest partner American capitalism had ever known. Don't kid yourself: capitalism doesn't like freedom as much as it loves the ultra-cheap labor costs that come with freedom-hating, dictator-lead countries where the political oppression gives Nike investors sweat-shop labor costs for sneaker production).

Another consequence of this deindustrialization of the USA and the shift of production to more profitable 3rd world labor markets was that the US worker no longer had the wages/benefits for robust domestic consumption. This was a threat to the domestic economy which requires a certain level of aggregate demand to keep recessions at bay and "Main Street" stores filled with consumers.

Guess how we solved the problem of diminished wages/benefits and the slow unraveling of things like affordable education for the lower classe?

Answer: we launched the most aggressive expansion of credit in history. Don't take my word for it. Research what happened to household debt starting in 1980, when we all started receiving 3 credit offers a week. The American economy traded manufacturing for financialization, which made it possible for American families to survive as the globe moved production to the 3rd world and reduced the wages/benefits of the pampered Western worker. We replaced manufacturing and wage-based consumption with cheap labor, credit cards and debt-based consumption. The result was a massive concentration of wealth on top coupled with growing poverty and debt down below.

This strategy actually worked for a while. The tsunami of credit created powerful booms in the 80s and 90s. We called it "Morning in America" but nobody realized the extent to which it was supported by American Express, MasterCard and Visa. It wasn't just consumer borrowing. Reagan tripled Carter's government debt (and that debt has been growing ever since).

Now we are lying in that bed. The virtuous capitalism of the postwar years - where capital made concessions to labor so that we could maintain domestic consumer demand - has been replaced by a predatory monopoly capitalism, which turns its profits on top of freedom-starved 3rd world labor markets and U.S. debt-slaves (so that a tiny minority of people can realize enough wealth to fund elections and buy the government).

Welcome to the compromises that were made when debt trickled down instead of money and good jobs. America swallowed poison in 1980, and both parties were squarely responsible.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back