"Sicario"

yiostheoy

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2016
EPIX on cable is running the 2015 release of "Sicario" now.

It had been shown in limited venues across the USA last year. I did not get a chance to catch it however because it never came to my city. And the nearest city it was showing in had big traffic problems and vehicle burglary problems so it was not worth it to me.

Thanks to EPIX on cable I got to watch it recently.

It is a fantastic movie.

Plot summary:

Benicio Del Toro (obviously a made-up Spanish movie star pseudonym) plays an ex-Mexican prosecutor whose family was murdered by a drug lord. The prosecutor is recruited by the CIA to go into Mexico and hunt for the drug lord. Josh Brolin plays the CIA field agent in charge. They have CIA warriors recruited from Army special forces in support. Emily Blunt plays an FBI plebe assigned to be their liaison while they operate within the USA in the border states of Arizona and Texas.

Great movie !!! Similar to "No Country For Old Men" in terms of its brutality and clarity of purpose.

You will want to read a lot of Machiavelli and Nietzsche before you take-in this flick.

But you will love the action !!!

Try to catch it while it is running on EPIX or else rent the DVD if you love action movies.

Post back here and tell us what you though, or if you already saw the show. Thanks.

Emily blunt has ruined her dreamy eyed, English rose look, by running hundreds of triathlons with no hat on.

EPIX on cable is running the 2015 release of "Sicario" now.

It had been shown in limited venues across the USA last year. I did not get a chance to catch it however because it never came to my city. And the nearest city it was showing in had big traffic problems and vehicle burglary problems so it was not worth it to me.

Thanks to EPIX on cable I got to watch it recently.

It is a fantastic movie.

Plot summary:

Benicio Del Toro (obviously a made-up Spanish movie star pseudonym) plays an ex-Mexican prosecutor whose family was murdered by a drug lord. The prosecutor is recruited by the CIA to go into Mexico and hunt for the drug lord. Josh Brolin plays the CIA field agent in charge. They have CIA warriors recruited from Army special forces in support. Emily Blunt plays an FBI plebe assigned to be their liaison while they operate within the USA in the border states of Arizona and Texas.

Great movie !!! Similar to "No Country For Old Men" in terms of its brutality and clarity of purpose.

You will want to read a lot of Machiavelli and Nietzsche before you take-in this flick.

But you will love the action !!!

Try to catch it while it is running on EPIX or else rent the DVD if you love action movies.

Post back here and tell us what you though, or if you already saw the show. Thanks.

That was an excellent movie.

Emily blunt has ruined her dreamy eyed, English rose look, by running hundreds of triathlons with no hat on.
She is a beauty to those who are into thin, fit, independent females.

She reminds me of a girl (early 20's) I used to know (in the biblical sense) and dated (in the California sense) for about a year. We had fun doing things together.

I like that tomboy look and affect.

My sweetie did not cry however -- she was tough. Emily's role in the movie was a crybaby roll. I do not think it represents the typical female FBI agent. I have met a few and they are tough, not crybabies.

When I was at Quantico in officer school I used to pick up a car load of FBI academy plebes and drive them into town to Catholic Church with me. We became good friends that way.

Forum List

Back