Shutdown Fallout Effects....

The point is that over the last 15 years, arrests have been going down, not up. You would think they would be rising because of better security, increases in the border patrol, better barriers, and more technology. The fact that they are falling means fewer people are trying to come into the US illegally. In 2000, there were 1.6 million Mexicans apprehended at the border. In 2017, there were 130,000.

The decreases in illegal immigration, resistance to building walls, and the time it will take to build a enough walls to seriously decrease illegal immigration is a strong argument against building walls.

Long before we complete the 1000 miles of walls Homeland Security claims are needed, illegal immigration will have changed drastically and probably our immigration laws.

What we know about illegal immigration from Mexico

This isn't about Mexicans only, it's about all who cross into Mexico and make it to our borders as well. The last estimate I seen was over 300,000. And those where just the ones they caught. Lord knows how many got in that were not caught.

Why don't you write a letter to the family of that officer in California and tell them how much better things are because we have less apprehensions than seventeen years ago? Why don't you tell the family of Kate Steinle how we no longer need border walls because everything is under control? In fact, set up a meeting with all the Angle families and tell them how much better things are because we have less illegals coming into the country as before, or perhaps our policies will change. I'm sure they'd love your input.
You ignore the fact that crime rates of the native population are much greater than either undocumented immigrants or legal immigrants. As a percentage of their respective populations, there were 56 percent fewer criminal convictions of illegal immigrants than of native-born Americans. The criminal conviction rate for legal immigrants was about 85 percent below the native-born rate.

Another study, published in March in the journal Criminology, looked at population-level crime rates throughout the country. States with larger shares of undocumented immigrants tended to have lower crime rates than states with smaller shares in the years 1990 through 2014.

Using isolated incidents of horrific crimes to attack minorities is nothing new. From homosexuals in the US, to Jews in Nazi Germany, to the Rohingya communities in Burma to religious violence in Central African Republic, to Christians in ancient Rome, it always the same. The isolated violent acts of the few are used to turn public opinion against the minority.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/1745-9125.12175
Analysis | Two charts demolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime

Well guess what? It worked.

Every society has problems with THEIR OWN people just as we do. Those crimes can seldom be prevented. However with the murders, rapes and intoxication that causes car accidents that kill Americans by illegals, that is preventable............totally preventable. Just keep them out and keep deporting the ones already here.

If it were possible for us to invent technology that would prevent violent crimes, that technology would be worth billions of dollars today. Yet when we have the ability to stop illegals from using violence against our own people, Democrats get in the way to make sure that doesn't happen.
They get in the way because your vision of America is far from reality. The Alt-Right can't win, but they sure can hurt a lot of people.

Outside of illegals and the snowflakes on the left that want to see us turn into a third world country, who are we hurting? That's like saying I hurt the burglar because I got a house alarm.
For now it's about 800,000 people who aren't being paid. Yes, I know they all are just so happy to skip pay days so Trump can build his wall.

This isn't about Mexicans only, it's about all who cross into Mexico and make it to our borders as well. The last estimate I seen was over 300,000. And those where just the ones they caught. Lord knows how many got in that were not caught.

Why don't you write a letter to the family of that officer in California and tell them how much better things are because we have less apprehensions than seventeen years ago? Why don't you tell the family of Kate Steinle how we no longer need border walls because everything is under control? In fact, set up a meeting with all the Angle families and tell them how much better things are because we have less illegals coming into the country as before, or perhaps our policies will change. I'm sure they'd love your input.
You ignore the fact that crime rates of the native population are much greater than either undocumented immigrants or legal immigrants. As a percentage of their respective populations, there were 56 percent fewer criminal convictions of illegal immigrants than of native-born Americans. The criminal conviction rate for legal immigrants was about 85 percent below the native-born rate.

Another study, published in March in the journal Criminology, looked at population-level crime rates throughout the country. States with larger shares of undocumented immigrants tended to have lower crime rates than states with smaller shares in the years 1990 through 2014.

Using isolated incidents of horrific crimes to attack minorities is nothing new. From homosexuals in the US, to Jews in Nazi Germany, to the Rohingya communities in Burma to religious violence in Central African Republic, to Christians in ancient Rome, it always the same. The isolated violent acts of the few are used to turn public opinion against the minority.

Analysis | Two charts demolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime

Every society has problems with THEIR OWN people just as we do. Those crimes can seldom be prevented. However with the murders, rapes and intoxication that causes car accidents that kill Americans by illegals, that is preventable............totally preventable. Just keep them out and keep deporting the ones already here.

If it were possible for us to invent technology that would prevent violent crimes, that technology would be worth billions of dollars today. Yet when we have the ability to stop illegals from using violence against our own people, Democrats get in the way to make sure that doesn't happen.
They get in the way because your vision of America is far from reality. The Alt-Right can't win, but they sure can hurt a lot of people.

Outside of illegals and the snowflakes on the left that want to see us turn into a third world country, who are we hurting? That's like saying I hurt the burglar because I got a house alarm.
For now it's about 800,000 people who aren't being paid. Yes, I know they all are just so happy to skip pay days so Trump can build his wall.

It takes two to Tango. Trump can end it as well as Piglosi. If Trump gives in, he loses his chances at reelection and possibly lose the Senate. If Piglosi gives in, that means less illegals which is what the Democrat party doesn't want.

So if Trump gives in, it's not only bad for our party, but the country as well.

while Trump cries to cameras about protecting America , his actions actually do the opposite.

If getting rid of illegals is such an important focus , then you should want to end the shutdown .

Maybe use wall money to find more courts and judges so we can get through the huge immigration court backlogs .

Immigration courts at a standstill during government shutdown, undermining President Trump's agenda

Far from the president’s rallying cry of “securing our border,” delaying court hearings puts additional strain on the immigration system, while allowing those who would have been deported to stay in the country for possibly years longer as they await new court dates.

Hasn't effected me one bit..........to some........it has.....

Pony the fuck up Pelosi

For now it's about 800,000 people who aren't being paid.

And the people who depend on them...in all sorts of ways.

This has to end NOW Mr. President
I repeat.

END THIS NOW MR.PRESIDENT
Screw that, make it a real shutdown

I agree with this sort, it either needs to be a real shutdown or not at all. This bullshit of calling back a few thousand people every week to make sure nobody but those not getting paid feel any pain is total crap.

It takes two to Tango. Trump can end it as well as Piglosi. If Trump gives in, he loses his chances at reelection and possibly lose the Senate. If Piglosi gives in, that means less illegals which is what the Democrat party doesn't want.

So if Trump gives in, it's not only bad for our party, but the country as well.
If Trump's offers the wall plus DACA, Pelosi will of course reject it but will counter with an immigration offer but not the wall which Trump will reject etc, etc.

I still think the issue will be settled in one of two ways. Trump will proclaim a national emergency and take his chances with the courts or there will be a real nation emergency, airports close, a terrorist attack linked to the government shutdown or some other real emergency. Trump would then back off on his wall till next year in order to save the nation from a fate worse than migrants seeking asylum.

And while Trump is beating the drum for a border wall, a new poll shows Immigration is 16th in national priorities. I know you guys don't believe in scientific polls, but you might find it interesting.

012518_2.png

State of the Union 2018: Americans’ views on key issues

Last edited:

Forum List

Back