Shutdown Fallout Effects....

It also means no pay for the BP, ICE and the rest of the DHS.
----------------------------------------------------------- they won't starve and they'll have a nice big paycheck when they do get paid , And the Fed employees that don't like it can quit and get employment in private business I guess . --------------- plus , and this is a guess but I ASSUME that they are collecting 'unemploymant' eh GGator .

How do you figure they can draw unemployment? They did not quit, not fired. How do you suppose the lower GS employee's are living right now? How about lower rank military personnel with a family? Banks and credit unions who are military friendly have turned down loans for some, maybe due to credit history, who knows?
----------------------------------------------------- such is life , as I said they won't starve so they will have to deal with the disruption same as people in Private business have to deal with disruption DDowner .

Half right.

They are on the job (for now).

But aren't getting paid. They won't be paid until funding is passed.

Trump said today it could be weeks, months, or even years. How long could you work and support yourself/family full-time and not get paid for work?
There are two months of checks already cut and signed for all essential personnel....Trump said that this morning...so you need to contact him for clarification....

I'll let you know if that's true which I doubt. I know many essential personnel. We'll just have to wait until week after next.

but as i said , they will ALL have to deal with disruption same as a private business worker . And Military have got to work paid or not . No matter what though , maybe they will learn to PREPARE for unforeseen circumstances DDowner .

while Trump cries to cameras about protecting America , his actions actually do the opposite.

If getting rid of illegals is such an important focus , then you should want to end the shutdown .

Maybe use wall money to find more courts and judges so we can get through the huge immigration court backlogs .

Immigration courts at a standstill during government shutdown, undermining President Trump's agenda

Far from the president’s rallying cry of “securing our border,” delaying court hearings puts additional strain on the immigration system, while allowing those who would have been deported to stay in the country for possibly years longer as they await new court dates.
The American People are not overly concerned about a few dozen-thousand that might slip through the cracks in this interim.

The American People are far
more concerned about a few dozen-millions that will slip through unless draconian action is taken.

Think of it as a front-end load on a mutual fund. :21:
Illegal border crossings down 82% since 2000, fool.

Go to YouTube for reruns of The Apprentice for your Trump fix. It's better then the nightmare he's running in the W.H.

Word . I think Trump watched World War Z and thinks that’s what’s happening at the border .

but as i said , they will ALL have to deal with disruption same as a private business worker . And Military have got to work paid or not . No matter what though , maybe they will learn to PREPARE for unforeseen circumstances DDowner .
pismo, according to the attitude you express here, I see bad karma coming your way. And it always waits until you are most vulnerable. Beware!

yeah , you never know . Course , all i do is express the TRUTH . What have i said that is untrue Bullwinkle ??

yeah , you never know . Course , all i do is express the TRUTH . What have i said that is untrue Bullwinkle ??
No matter what though , maybe they will learn to PREPARE for unforeseen circumstances DDowner .
Pismo, I say this knowing I am no smarter or wiser than anybody else, and a lot less than most. But there are some, like yourself that post near-truth as you see it which is not the same truth to everyone. I'm sure you remember the so-called "Love" chapter of II Corinthians in the Bible that speaks of how you can have all the gifts of God, but if you have no love, it means nothing. So when I refer to karma, it is in that spirit. Of course we should all prepare for the 'rainy day', but sometimes that day brings us to our knees, and I sense an unforgiving coldness in you. Ex: How do you prepare for a job limbo? If your employer pays part or all of your healthcare, and your pay is suspended, does that mean unless you make arrangements to pay individually your health insurance will lapse? What are the unemployment rules if you are neither fired or laid off but just furloughed? If you need loans to get by should the duration become extended, is interest charged? Seems like a lot of unknowns.

while Trump cries to cameras about protecting America , his actions actually do the opposite.

If getting rid of illegals is such an important focus , then you should want to end the shutdown .

Maybe use wall money to find more courts and judges so we can get through the huge immigration court backlogs .

Immigration courts at a standstill during government shutdown, undermining President Trump's agenda

Far from the president’s rallying cry of “securing our border,” delaying court hearings puts additional strain on the immigration system, while allowing those who would have been deported to stay in the country for possibly years longer as they await new court dates.
Hey, Timmy! There's a new wrinkle coming about this subject. Seems the two undocumented ladies that worked at the Trump Bedminster site have hired an attorney, a guy named Anibal Romero. Since all immigration courts are closed due to the current shut down, these ladies can't be court-ordered out of the country yet and are in limbo. They have a story to tell. They swear Trump knew their status, as did FLOTUS and her personal secretary. So watch this space.....
Sweet! Of course he knew! When has Trump ever passed up an oppurtunity to take advantage of anybody?

The best part of this shit show? Trump is about to get his due! Karma is a bitch!

what Bad Karma is TRUMP going to get eh Clipper . Looks to me that the ' non essential ' Gov Employees are the ones that are getting it , And the interesting thing is that the non essential getting it MAY be part of the TRUMPS plan to shrink the size of Government Clipper .

Last edited:
heck , you do know what ' non essential ' means don't you Clipper ??

No matter what though , maybe they will learn to PREPARE for unforeseen circumstances DDowner .
Pismo, I say this knowing I am no smarter or wiser than anybody else, and a lot less than most. But there are some, like yourself that post near-truth as you see it which is not the same truth to everyone. I'm sure you remember the so-called "Love" chapter of II Corinthians in the Bible that speaks of how you can have all the gifts of God, but if you have no love, it means nothing. So when I refer to karma, it is in that spirit. Of course we should all prepare for the 'rainy day', but sometimes that day brings us to our knees, and I sense an unforgiving coldness in you. Ex: How do you prepare for a job limbo? If your employer pays part or all of your healthcare, and your pay is suspended, does that mean unless you make arrangements to pay individually your health insurance will lapse? What are the unemployment rules if you are neither fired or laid off but just furloughed? If you need loans to get by should the duration become extended, is interest charged? Seems like a lot of unknowns.
----------------------------------------------- i don't know details on employment or unemployment but you do know what ' non essential ' means don't you . From what i understand only the non essential are being affected by the shutdown which may go on for days , months or years . Maybe the non essential already not being paid will have to find different jobs Bullwinkle .

----------------------------------------------- i don't know details on employment or unemployment but you do know what ' non essential ' means don't you . From what i understand only the non essential are being affected by the shutdown which may go on for days , months or years . Maybe the non essential already not being paid will have to find different jobs Bullwinkle .
Non-essential according to whom, piz? What is your job, and can your company skate along without it? (don't answer that, just think about it) Is the Coast Guard non-essential? Are the immigration courts non-essential? The term is relative. Calling a person's living non-essential by the guy that tosses paper towel to storm-devastated people come to see what saving relief he brings is an insult.

My city used to pick up leaves in fall when the homeowner raked them to the curb. It was then stopped as non-essential, but I never got a property tax deduction in my city services bill. And it increased my cost of purchasing those special paper bags I have to haul to the curb every week, and sometimes to the dump itself, which I had to pay. Is this current federal non-essential furlough costing citizens in actuality and not just in services?

Your tax refunds might be late because of the Trump shutdown Because the IRS sent its workers home without pay.

Americans don't need pay checks or tax-refunds...they are mostly Democrats anyways.

giphy.gif

i don't make the rules but many jobs are non essential 'imo' . Forest Service is non essential same as many policing agencies that walk around with guns strapped to their hips . Same goes for trash pickers and guides and Rangers in National Parks . Coast Guard , heard they were going to be funded . But i don't care about fishermen or pleasure boaters that get themselves in trouble doing stupid things in the ocean or mountain climbers climbing mountains that get in trouble . Let the 'climbers' be more careful . Also don't care about 'emt' running around saving people that have stubbed their toes . And leaves , build a compost pile , leaves work nicely in a compost pile and then the garden . Immigration court shut down MAY mean Less immigration approved and that sounds good to me . Bullwinkle .

If you overpaid your taxes, you're a stupid mofo....Sucks to be you.

That's fine if you fill out the EZ forms come tax time, but for others, it's complex and unpredictable what taxes you may owe. I can't predict if I'll have $1,000 in write-offs for the year or $10,000.

The Trump/McConnell shutdown reaches 15 days. It is now the 3rd longest shutdown in history. Up next is the 16 day shutdown Republicans launched over funding the ACA. The longest is the Gingrich shutdown of 21 days. It is amazing how Republicans love shutdowns.

Forum List

Back