Shut off your AC's in Texas and Florida

if you are hot sweat it out and drink water. You deniers of global warming so want to keep cool. Turn them off. Trump should not be allowed his as well.

I can use mine because I don't deny global warming and air, land and water pollution. Congress should not be allowed to use them either, and no GOP offices.

The south has never had weather that's unbearably hot.

When I was a kid, the AC came on about 4-5x a year. It has this like, 10-inch round spinnable vent thingy on the left.

We never needed an AC in MI till the mid 90's.
Poppycock. I've lived in MI all my life- over 50 years. It has always gotten hot here in the summertime. The only reason my family didn't have AC when I was a kid was the same reason most people didn't- it wasn't readily available. Most people had it by the mid 90's and that has nothing to do with "global warming".

Yeah, well last I checked, Michigan is not South of Sarasota, k? I used to play baseball in 105 degrees with 80% humidity.

Poppycock. I've lived in MI all my life- over 50 years. It has always gotten hot here in the summertime. I wished my family had AC when I was a kid.

I have a Buddy who didnt have it growing up in Houston until he was in his twenties!!
I hope he keeps it cranked now to make up for all those years of suffering!

Funny you say that....
He keeps his place at meat hanging temps these days.
Good man!

We keep the bedroom,bathroom and exercise room at around 69.
Upstairs around 78,no one lives up their it's game room,extra
if you are hot sweat it out and drink water. You deniers of global warming so want to keep cool. Turn them off. Trump should not be allowed his as well.

I can use mine because I don't deny global warming and air, land and water pollution. Congress should not be allowed to use them either, and no GOP offices.

When I was a kid, the AC came on about 4-5x a year. It has this like, 10-inch round spinnable vent thingy on the left.

Poppycock. I've lived in MI all my life- over 50 years. It has always gotten hot here in the summertime. The only reason my family didn't have AC when I was a kid was the same reason most people didn't- it wasn't readily available. Most people had it by the mid 90's and that has nothing to do with "global warming".

Yeah, well last I checked, Michigan is not South of Sarasota, k? I used to play baseball in 105 degrees with 80% humidity.

From what I can tell?
It ain't no hotter than it was when I was a youngster.
I just cant take it like I used to.

Air conditioners contribute to global warming you nitwit
I hope to gawd you did that shit on purpose :lol:

Actually all newer ACs use a coolant which is environmentally friendly, it just makes them more costly to make, so the whole point of this thread is as stupid as the jackass who OP'ed it who would have people dropping over dead just to prove a non-existent point. More compassion from the idiot sycophant Left.

Poppycock. I've lived in MI all my life- over 50 years. It has always gotten hot here in the summertime. I wished my family had AC when I was a kid.

I have a Buddy who didnt have it growing up in Houston until he was in his twenties!!

Funny you say that....
Good man!

From what I can tell?

You probably never could take it like I did when I was a kid.

Funny you say that....
Good man!

From what I can tell?

You probably never could take it like I did when I was a kid.

Spent my entire youth wandering the woods of east Texas ....through all seasons.
I know what hot is.
Anyone whos has been in the Big Thicket in August would know it as well.
Spent a lot of time in West Texas as well. Temps ranged from 6 degrees to 115.
Never slowed me down....until I hit 52.
My limit these days is three hours at 100 working in the sun.
After that I'm done.

Fuck you bed wetter.

I'm dropping the t-stat to 69 now.

Suck it.

Who "drops" the thermostat to 69?

That's like not even running the AC at all.

:eek:

Mine stays @ 77-ish and that's good enough.

All you gotta do is cool it down a little bit and dry out the air.

77-8 is good enough for me. My electric bill will be...oh damn, it's coming!

I estimate $140-$160. If less, I win!

I live in a red brick apartment building. holds heat during the day, lets it out at night. AC's need to be set to 68 or so just to keep up with the heat release overnight.

Yeah. So what? It's hotter in the south. I only played ball in 90 degrees and 80% humidity. Are you saying Penelope is right? We don't need AC here? LOL

It hotter now, a lot hotter, but then I don't live on the lake anymore. Even my family that does complains and all have AC's now.

When you were young, and I guess you were use to it. With the humidity that high and the temp I'm surprised the game was not called off. Hope you were not a catcher.

It hotter now, a lot hotter, but then I don't live on the lake anymore. Even my family that does complains and all have AC's now.
That's called menopause.

When you were young, and I guess you were use to it. With the humidity that high and the temp I'm surprised the game was not called off. Hope you were not a catcher.
Why are you still on the grid butchering Mother Gaia?

Yeah. So what? It's hotter in the south. I only played ball in 90 degrees and 80% humidity. Are you saying Penelope is right? We don't need AC here? LOL

When has Penelope been right? Of course you need AC. (for comfort)

The Lake Effect causes a reduction of complaining.

Folks in the northeast still waiting for summer to start and we are a few days from August. St00pid....the 3mm means nothing to 50 million people up here!:113::bye1::bye1:

iu

Maybe you will get another flood.

I live in Louisiana nit-wit ... It's hot here too.

Of course the worst flooding we had recently was the result of the US Government.
The Department of Transportation rebuilt a section of Interstate 12.
They didn't put in the required drainage culverts ...
And basically built an extremely long 5' high dam on the edge of a swamp.

That's what happens when you trust the government to do something correctly ... :thup:

Of course, if not for the army corps of engineers, half your state would be underwater...

Folks in the northeast still waiting for summer to start and we are a few days from August. St00pid....the 3mm means nothing to 50 million people up here!:113::bye1::bye1:
What an odd thing to say....the northeast was ravaged by a deadly heat wave a couple of weeks ago....you aren't the most honest person, it appears...

Of course, if not for the army corps of engineers, half your state would be underwater...

So what ... The Sabine River Authority built Toledo Bend and flooded 289 square miles on purpose ... :dunno:

And ... When the Army Corps of Engineers builds locks, dams, and spillways ....
They don't control the amount of water in the state ...
They don't stop the flooding ... they just pick who gets flooded ... :thup:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back