Shut off your AC's in Texas and Florida

So what ... The Sabine River Authority built Toledo Bend and flooded 289 square miles on purpose ... :dunno:
You say so what if half of your state is underwater...then you complain about 289 square miles....that don't make no sense, Ricky Bobby...

No, you're a hypocrite because in one breath you say you are environmentally friendly and the next you're saying it's okay not to be.....simply because you claim to be enlightened. Buy some carbon credits from Al Gore and erase any guilt you might have. Carbon credits on sale. This month it's two for the price of one.

Guess you missed Algore's Summer Sale mailer! This week they're price-reduced at one for the price of two!

You say so what if half of your state is underwater...then you complain about 289 square miles....that don't make no sense, Ricky Bobby...

What percentage of the state do you think isn't underwater ... :dunno:

I am not complaining about living in a swamp ...
Just the government when their incompetence makes it worse.

But we are not deniers

It's not insignificant that people like yourself use the word 'denier' to describe those who disagree with you.

The word is synonymous with other epithets used by religious zealots such as 'heretic' and 'infidel'.

The term implies that you and you alone are the holder of the great truth and that anyone who might disagree with you is doomed to damnation or worse.

Now THAT'S science.

It's not insignificant that people like yourself use the word 'denier' to describe those who disagree with you.
In some topics, it is appropriate. And, if your point rests on a false equivalence between a magical paradigm for which there is not a shred of evidence and a robust theory for which there exists mountains of mutually supportive evidence... well, then, that's not much of a pint at all...

Because of this post Im cranking my AC down to 70 degrees
There you go! Nothing puts people in their place better than acting like a fool and costing yourself more money. You showed him!

I love it when people don't get sarcasm...
That wasn't really sarcasm. It would only be sarcasm, if he meant the opposite sentiment, like, he believed them, and was just being facetious to mock someone. So maybe it is you who does not understand the concept...

if you are hot sweat it out and drink water. You deniers of global warming so want to keep cool. Turn them off. Trump should not be allowed his as well.

I can use mine because I don't deny global warming and air, land and water pollution. Congress should not be allowed to use them either, and no GOP offices.

I don't have aircon. I do use ceiling fans though. Emulate a breeze which is really all you need...and a house built for the conditions.

Greg

There you go! Nothing puts people in their place better than acting like a fool and costing yourself more money. You showed him!

That wasn't really sarcasm. It would only be sarcasm, if he meant the opposite sentiment, like, he believed them, and was just being facetious to mock someone. So maybe it is you who does not understand the concept...
It is you who does not know sarcasm when he sees sarcasm. so do I really need to do the [Sarcasm/on] and [Sarcasm/off] qualifier?

It is you who does not know sarcasm when he sees sarcasm. so do I really need to do the [Sarcasm/on] and [Sarcasm/off] qualifier?
Ah I see. So you meant the opposite of what you said, and plan to raise your themostat, turning down your air conditioning.

Sure.

Ah I see. So you meant the opposite of what you said, and plan to raise your themostat, turning down your air conditioning.

Sure.

FYI
Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt". Sarcasm may employ ambivalence, although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic. Most noticeable in spoken word, sarcasm is mainly distinguished by the inflection with which it is spoken and is largely context-dependent.

Forum List

Back