Shrub's invasion of Iraq justifies Putin's invasion of Crimea

More bullshit. I remember Soddomie's statue coming down, played over and over. Many did welcome the change, I saw it with my own eyes. I don't know what rock you were under.

That was after we invaded, dumbass!
Well no joke. I think Saddam would have thrown a hissy fit. My point was ... (read sloooowwwwly) that. many. did. welcome. us. I recall hearing about regime change long before the war, many thought so after the first invasion. Again, I don't know where you were but clearly you were not paying attention. Maybe still in grade school?

the dumbass is you; bush laid out a case right BEFORE sending in troops; and liberating Iraq from the tyrant Saddam was one of the reasons

libs are losers who lie to themselves
The statue came down AFTER we invaded. So why are you trying to tell me it was before?

In order to comply with the 2002 Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution by Congress, on March 18, 2003, President Bush certified to Congress that he had "determined that: (1) reliance by the United States on further diplomatic and other peaceful means alone will neither (A) adequately protect the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq nor (B) likely lead to enforcement of all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq; and (2) acting pursuant to the Constitution and Public Law 107-243 is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take the necessary actions against international terrorists and terrorist organizations, including those nations, organizations, or persons who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001."[14]

your point is that notion we were there for the liberation or Iraq came AFTER we invaded. that is a lie.

More bullshit. I remember Soddomie's statue coming down, played over and over. Many did welcome the change, I saw it with my own eyes. I don't know what rock you were under.

Well no joke. I think Saddam would have thrown a hissy fit. My point was ... (read sloooowwwwly) that. many. did. welcome. us. I recall hearing about regime change long before the war, many thought so after the first invasion. Again, I don't know where you were but clearly you were not paying attention. Maybe still in grade school?

They weren't welcoming us! They were tearing down a statue of Sunni Saddam, in a Shiite neighborhood.

And WE orchestrated it!

The Truth About Iconic 2003 Saddam Statue-Toppling - The Wire

Toppling the statue of Saddam Hussein in Iraq : The New Yorker

Saddam Statue Scene Staged

Like I said: you've been spouting your bullshit talking points for so long you actually believe it!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

the dumbass is you; bush laid out a case right BEFORE sending in troops; and liberating Iraq from the tyrant Saddam was one of the reasons

The statue came down AFTER we invaded. So why are you trying to tell me it was before?

In order to comply with the 2002 Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution by Congress, on March 18, 2003, President Bush certified to Congress that he had "determined that: (1) reliance by the United States on further diplomatic and other peaceful means alone will neither (A) adequately protect the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq nor (B) likely lead to enforcement of all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq; and (2) acting pursuant to the Constitution and Public Law 107-243 is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take the necessary actions against international terrorists and terrorist organizations, including those nations, organizations, or persons who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001."[14]

your point is that notion we were there for the liberation or Iraq came AFTER we invaded. that is a lie.
There is nothing in your quoted portion that mentions liberation.

FAIL!!

They weren't welcoming us! They were tearing down a statue of Sunni Saddam, in a Shiite neighborhood.

And WE orchestrated it!

Like I said: you've been spouting your bullshit talking points for so long you actually believe it!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

you're simply a mindless idiot. Iraqi Shiites dont and didnt need prompting to tear down a staatue of Sunni Saddam; they were mass murdered and tortured by him for decades.. you dont know what the eff you're talking about; so typical of your ilk

Did you think it was going to come down before we invaded, while Saddam was still in power?
You are one mindless blob.

Biden is one of the most accomplished Senators in U.S. history. I know that burns your butt. :lol:
LOL. Thanks for the morning chuckle.
You're stupid. Biden was Chairman of the Senate Judiciary from 89-95, and he was Chairman of the Senate Foreign relations variously between 98-09. He was a Senator from 73-09. He has authored or been involved in many of our most important legislation in the past 40 years.
He's also an idiot and has proved it many times. Thanks again.

Given the Russian Federation violation of a treaty signed by the US (Bubba Clinton), the Russian Federation, Great Britain and Ukraine in 1994, is there some obligation on the part of the United States and Great Britain to ACT now as against Russia?

1994 Treaty - Will the USA, UK have to Come to the Aid of Ukraine - The SUA Blog | Stand Up America US | The SUA Blog | Stand Up America US

Here is a copy of the "treaty" itself (not really a treaty, technically, but good enough):

Memorandum on Security Assurances in connection with Ukraine's accession to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons

Budapest, 5 December 1994

The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland,

Welcoming the accession of Ukraine to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons as a non-nuclear-weapon State,

Taking into account the commitment of Ukraine to eliminate all nuclear weapons from its territory within a specified period of time,

Noting the changes in the world-wide security situation, including the end of the Cold War, which have brought about conditions for deep reductions in nuclear forces.

Confirm the following:

The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, reaffirm their commitment to Ukraine, in accordance with the principles of the CSCE Final Act, to respect the Independence and Sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine.

The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, and that none of their weapons will ever be used against Ukraine except in self-defense or otherwise in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations.

The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, reaffirm their commitment to Ukraine, in accordance with the principles of the CSCE Final Act, to refrain from economic coercion designed to subordinate to their own interest the exercise by Ukraine of the rights inherent in its sovereignty and thus to secure advantages of any kind.

The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, reaffirm their commitment to seek immediate United Nations Security Council action to provide assistance to Ukraine, as a non-nuclear-weapon State Party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, if Ukraine should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used.

The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, reaffirm, in the case of the Ukraine, their commitment not to use nuclear weapons against any non-nuclear-weapon State Party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, except in the case of an attack on themselves, their territories or dependent territories, their armed forces, or their allies, by such a state in association or alliance with a nuclear weapon state.

The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland will consult in the event a situation arises which raises a question concerning these commitments.

This Memorandum will become applicable upon signature.

Signed in four copies having equal validity in the English, Russian and Ukrainian languages.

Ukraine. Memorandum on Security Assurances - Wikisource, the free online library

Last edited:
Given the Russian Federation violation of a treaty signed by the US (Bubba Clinton), the Russian Federation, Great Britain and Ukraine in 1994, is there some obligation on the part of the United States and Great Britain to ACT now as against Russia?

NONE.

"That doesn’t mean the U.S. and the U.K. are committed to defend Ukraine if Russia invades, said Christopher Swift, a lawyer and adjunct professor of national security studies at Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service in Washington. "

There is nothing in the Budapest Memorandum that automatically triggers a collective defense obligation by an outside power in the event that someone invades Ukrainian territory or subverts its sovereignty,” Swift said in an e-mail. “This is not like the network of cascading defense commitments that got us into the First World War.”

Furthermore

Meeting with reporters yesterday, Putin said that the commitments no longer apply because a “coup” in Kiev has resulted in “a new state with which we have signed no binding agreements.” He said he reserved the right to use military action in southeastern Ukraine to protect ethnic Russians."

And WE orchestrated it!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

you're simply a mindless idiot. Iraqi Shiites dont and didnt need prompting to tear down a staatue of Sunni Saddam; they were mass murdered and tortured by him for decades.. you dont know what the eff you're talking about; so typical of your ilk

Once more for the Right-Wing Retards:

SADDAM'S STATUE-TOPPLING WAS STAGED!!!

Did you think it was going to come down before we invaded, while Saddam was still in power?
You are one mindless blob.

Then why is that dumbass bedowin62 using the statue-toppling as proof we should invade? :lol:

And WE orchestrated it!
So they were happy he was gone. Point proven.

As far as your links, post the best portion of the evidence since I'm not your babysitter.
Whether you remain ignorant or not is your choice. One of the link titles is Saddam Statue Scene Staged

If you are interested in the truth, you'll click the link. If not, you won't.

1994 Treaty - Will the USA, UK have to Come to the Aid of Ukraine - The SUA Blog | Stand Up America US | The SUA Blog | Stand Up America US

I think there is, but what sanctions will actually affect Russia? Won't Putin just use his state-controlled media to portray the world against Mother Russia? I don't think that direct confrontation works with this guy.

Also, Europe sanctioning Russia is just Europe sanctioning itself, since Putin would surely cut fuel supplies to the continent.

The best way to influence Putin while allowing him to save face (important for him) is to put pressure on business interests in Russia. Corporations must start putting Russian contracts on hold, development projects on hold.

Also start putting pressure on the oligarchs, their businesses with the West, and their fortunes.

Regarding any notion about "welcoming us" after we invaded Iraq...that only lives in Cheny's self serving fantasy....Would we welcome a nation that killed over 100,000 of our citizens and reduced our infrastructure to rubble...to get at our natural resources...? Please!
The Iraq invasion not only cost us much wasted money and lives...but any good will we may have had in that region...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

...and nothing justifies Putin's invasion...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back