CDZ Should the U.S. pass the Birthright Citizenship Act?

MathewSmith

May 24, 2015
So that all babies born on U.S. soil are no longer automatically made citizens.
It's ridiculous The amount of undocumented illegals is sick, they cross the border illegally - which makes them criminals!- just to exploit our 14th amendment.
These unfortunate kids being born here have no right to steal taxes and attend our public schools! This act will certainly help with our border situation!

Nations Granting Birthright Citizenship NumbersUSA

Only Canada and the United States allow it in the developed countries of the World.
These countries have removed it in the last few decades.

The following are among the nations repealing Birthright Citizenship in recent years:

• Australia (2007)
  • New Zealand (2005)
  • Ireland (2005)
  • France (1993)
  • India (1987)
  • Malta (1989)
  • UK (1983)
  • Portugal (1981)

It is a stupid policy and should go away, along with the Wet Feet Dry Feet policy from Cuba.

Summary of S. 1640 Michael Davis Jr. and Danny Oliver in Honor of State and Local Law Enforcement ... - GovTrack.us

6/22/2015--Introduced.
Michael Davis, Jr. and Danny Oliver in Honor of State and Local Law Enforcement Act
Amends the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and related federal law with respect to immigration law enforcement within the United States.
Authorizes: (1) states or their political subdivisions to enact and enforce immigration criminal penalties as long as they do not exceed relevant federal criminal penalties; and (2) state or local law enforcement personnel to investigate, apprehend, arrest, or transfer to federal custody aliens for immigration enforcement purposes to the same extent as federal law enforcement personnel.
Directs the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to provide the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) of the Department of Justice (DOJ) with all information that DHS has regarding any alien: (1) against whom a final order of removal has been issued, (2) who has entered into a voluntary departure agreement, (3) who has overstayed his or her authorized period of stay, or (4) whose visa has been revoked. Requires NCIC to enter such information into its Immigration Violators File.
Requires: (1) states to have access to federal programs or technology directed at identifying inadmissible or deportable aliens, and (2) states and their political subdivisions to provide DHS with specified identifying information about each apprehended alien who is believed to be inadmissible or deportable.
Directs DHS to make grants to states and their political subdivisions for procurement of equipment, technology, and facilities related to investigating, apprehending, arresting, or transporting inadmissible or deportable aliens.
Directs DHS to construct or acquire additional domestic detention facilities for aliens detained pending removal.
Amends INA regarding illegal aliens apprehended by state or local authorities to provide for: (1) federal custody upon state or local request, and (2) state or local compensation for related incarceration and transportation costs.
Directs the DOJ or DHS to ensure that an alien subject to removal is detained in an adequate state or local prison, detention center, or other comparable facility.
Directs DHS to establish immigration-related training for state and local personnel.
Provides personal liability immunity to the same extent as corresponding federal immunity for state or local personnel enforcing immigration laws within the scope of their duties.
Directs DHS to continue to operate a program that: (1) identifies removable criminal aliens in federal and state correctional facilities, (2) ensures that such aliens are not released into the community, and (3) removes them from the United States after the completion of their sentences. Extends such program to all states. Requires states that receive state criminal alien assistance program (SCAAP) funds to comply with program requirements.

A snow balls chance in hell of passing, just as the e-verify has a snow balls chance of passing. This one would force the Fed to act with the States in Immigration enforcement..................giving the States the data from INS to help deport the criminal element in our society.

They will never give any power back to the states.............Now under Sanctuary Cities they openly defy the laws of this nation..

I like to know how are you going to force any country to take these baby's born on US soil?

Little boys and girls with out a country?

Leave it alone. Its cruel.

I like to know how are you going to force any country to take these baby's born on US soil?

They have parents don't they. Their parents aren't citizens. The child belongs with the parents and you open up a bucket of worms with this stupid policy. We have citizens who have babies out of this country. And do these countries say these American babies are now German by birth right. No they don't. They were born out of country with American parents and are Americans.

The same can be said to parents from Mexico or San Salvador.

It is a stupid policy. Those children are citizens of another country via their parents. They come here to give birth to give their children citizenship 18 years down the road.

The problem is south of the border. Where the Mexican gov't and other gov'ts don't even have proper registration procedures for their children. aka no birth certificates at birth. So when they apply for work visa's within their own Gov't, they can't even prove on paper they are Mexican. So when they cross the border they have no proof of their country of origin at all.

Again, the problem is with the incompetence of the Mexican Gov't and gov'ts south of the border.

The Under-Registration of Births in Mexico Consequences for Children Adults and Migrants migrationpolicy.org

They have parents don't they. Their parents aren't citizens. The child belongs with the parents and you open up a bucket of worms with this stupid policy. We have citizens who have babies out of this country. And do these countries say these American babies are now German by birth right. No they don't. They were born out of country with American parents and are Americans.

It is a stupid policy. Those children are citizens of another country via their parents. They come here to give birth to give their children citizenship 18 years down the road.
I just believe if they are born on American soil they are an a American. We are not like any other country in the world.

To say otherwise is not right.

I just believe if they are born on American soil they are an a American. We are not like any other country in the world.

How so....................If I have a child in Germany is that child now a German? No, that is my son or daughter and they are an American by the parents status, not the Child's..........If one parent is American and the other German then they would have dual citizenship possibilities......................

What is right about saying your child is an American, but the parents are not? Your baby can stay, but you cannot to the Parents.................So the law goes to the child at age of adulthood, and then he can become an American but not his parents......................

It's stupid policy.

Babies born to Mexican women can't go back to Mexico?

That sounds like BS.

We keep this up, we will be just like every other country in the world.

That sounds like BS.
It is BS, until you look at the problems south of the border..............where they don't properly document births and the Mexican women can't even prove she's a citizen of Mexico...........

But that is Mexico's problem and not ours...................We document births here and that child should be the nationality of the parents and not the country where they were born.

But we're quickly becoming like the crap holes these illegals left.

-Geaux

That sounds like BS.

Its just always reminds me of this movie...

Just leave baby's alone.

Cheech Marin - Born in East LA:

It is a numbers game. Well over 200 million people south of the border live on less than $5 a day. They want to leave poverty, and come up here to make more money. I can't blame them, but it is a destructive policy under our Social Safety nets that costs us out the wazoo and damages the debt burdens of States and the Federal Gov't. Not to mention Wage Deflation here as we allow undocumented workers to take jobs at lower pay when they should be deported.

The E-Verify system would fix this problem, especially if the companies hiring them would be fined or put out of business if they don't follow the law. The Chamber of Commerce wants this cheaper labor so they will never pass these laws and own the politicians needed to effect the change.

Yes. We should abolish this birth right completely.
It is now becoming a big enterprise business taking advantage of this country. Not only people from the south crossing borders but lots of rich foreign visitors are doing this as well.

Just watched Donald Trump push this on Meet the Press.

Republicans can kiss the Hispanic vote goodbye.

So that all babies born on U.S. soil are no longer automatically made citizens.
It's ridiculous The amount of undocumented illegals is sick, they cross the border illegally - which makes them criminals!- just to exploit our 14th amendment.
These unfortunate kids being born here have no right to steal taxes and attend our public schools! This act will certainly help with our border situation!

the solution to this problem is not to build a wall or deport everyone. that is worse than kicking the can down the road: it is throwing another can at than can in an attempt to move it down the road. so many people want to just deport isslegal immigrants and be done with it, but that wont solve the problem.

Forum List

Back