CDZ Should the U.S. pass the Birthright Citizenship Act?

the solution to this problem is not to build a wall or deport everyone. that is worse than kicking the can down the road: it is throwing another can at than can in an attempt to move it down the road. so many people want to just deport isslegal immigrants and be done with it, but that wont solve the problem.
So what is your suggestion? Let them keep coming in or do something?

I like to know how are you going to force any country to take these baby's born on US soil?

Little boys and girls with out a country?

Leave it alone. Its cruel.
They have parents don't they. Their parents aren't citizens. The child belongs with the parents and you open up a bucket of worms with this stupid policy. We have citizens who have babies out of this country. And do these countries say these American babies are now German by birth right. No they don't. They were born out of country with American parents and are Americans.

The same can be said to parents from Mexico or San Salvador.

It is a stupid policy. Those children are citizens of another country via their parents. They come here to give birth to give their children citizenship 18 years down the road.
Meaning you are deporting a US citizen. How in the world your going to do that? Be realistic.

I like to know how are you going to force any country to take these baby's born on US soil?

Little boys and girls with out a country?

Leave it alone. Its cruel.
They have parents don't they. Their parents aren't citizens. The child belongs with the parents and you open up a bucket of worms with this stupid policy. We have citizens who have babies out of this country. And do these countries say these American babies are now German by birth right. No they don't. They were born out of country with American parents and are Americans.

The same can be said to parents from Mexico or San Salvador.

It is a stupid policy. Those children are citizens of another country via their parents. They come here to give birth to give their children citizenship 18 years down the road.
I just believe if they are born on American soil they are an a American. We are not like any other country in the world.

To say otherwise is not right.

We keep this up, we will be just like every other country in the world.

images

I've heard the progressives hold up other countries as shining examples for health care, non-discrimination, new drug laws, tax reforms, etc,... So it seems if the right wants to institute laws that are similar to other countries that have them it's only... right.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

We need to pass a law like China that bans more than one child per family for illegals.

France gave US the Statue of Liberty that plaque that says we welcome everyone. But then France changed their laws banning immigration. We should do the same. We need to impose & enforce a $50k immigration fee on each of them or they get deported ASAP. If a company needs a certain skilled worker from another country, they will gladly pay that fee.

Last edited:
Shouldn't we worry about citizenship for the very wealthy and corporations also? How can mitt romney say he's a citizen of the cayman islands, and then he does business, votes, and runs for prez in the USA?

the solution to this problem is not to build a wall or deport everyone. that is worse than kicking the can down the road: it is throwing another can at than can in an attempt to move it down the road. so many people want to just deport isslegal immigrants and be done with it, but that wont solve the problem.
do something: I don't have a specific suggestion because I focus my intellect on other, more important things, but something should be done to keep them out not by forcing them to stay, but by making them want to stay. the problem is that conditions are bad where they are coming from.if you take away the reason to leave, nobody will leave.

do something: I don't have a specific suggestion because I focus my intellect on other, more important things, but something should be done to keep them out not by forcing them to stay, but by making them want to stay. the problem is that conditions are bad where they are coming from.if you take away the reason to leave, nobody will leave.
Right on.. Just like dribbling a ball to solve a problem hoping it will go away and keep dribbling some more and more. You keep doing that you will become a GOP law makers.

it's good that you are saving your intellect for the important things.

Soooo, you solution is to raise the qualify of life in Mexico, per capita income 17k a year so much that people there have no incentive to move to the US, per capital income 54 k a year?

Problems with that.

1. We have no ability to govern Mexico and solve their problems.

2. If we did, which we don't, it would still take generations for Mexico to catch up to where we are NOW.

Thus, it is a solution that, in effect is do nothing and let the problem grow and grow, while throwing money down the drain to no effect.

This my friends is the "New World Order" as envisioned by Bush #1 and American Progressives along with Big Business. Smile everyone.:banana::badgrin::banana2:

I can see only stupid side of this policy. If we try to raise the population then the best way is to have more babies born here but not migrants who were born abroad and still consider their homeland somewhere but not the US.

So that all babies born on U.S. soil are no longer automatically made citizens.
It's ridiculous The amount of undocumented illegals is sick, they cross the border illegally - which makes them criminals!- just to exploit our 14th amendment.
These unfortunate kids being born here have no right to steal taxes and attend our public schools! This act will certainly help with our border situation!

Such an 'Act'- presuming you mean a law- would be unconstitutional.

Anyone born in the United States is born a U.S. Citizen.

You would need a Constitutional Amendment.

Now- is that a good idea? I am not sure- it would mean we would all need to prove our citizenship and somehow establish the citizenship of our children in the future- which would mean more bureaucracy- more red tape.

I don't think it would help with the issue of illegal immigration at all.

It's ridiculous The amount of undocumented illegals is sick, they cross the border illegally - which makes them criminals!- just to exploit our 14th amendment.
These unfortunate kids being born here have no right to steal taxes and attend our public schools! This act will certainly help with our border situation!

IT wouldnt' matter. Birthright citizenship is a matter of the 14th amendment. Check out Wong Kim Ark v. the US. The Supreme Court lays out birthright citizenship, even when congress has explicitly forbidden it.

No act of congress could touch birthright citizenship. You'd need another amendment.

The only thing that congress could do regarding birthright citizenship is to approach it indirectly. And fine the parents of those who are here illegally, charging them with fraud or some such. They are abusing the system. A financial penalty wouldn't be outrageous. You could also exclude the parents from any asylum or any possibility of eventual citizenship.

Its heartless. But it might work. And would be completely within the power of congress. If you wanted to be a real dick, you could criminalize the act of giving birth in the US while here illegally. But I doubt anyone would have the stones for such a horrendous move.

You can't amend the Constitution with an "Act."

IT wouldnt' matter. Birthright citizenship is a matter of the 14th amendment. Check out Wong Kim Ark v. the US. The Supreme Court lays out birthright citizenship, even when congress has explicitly forbidden it.

No act of congress could touch birthright citizenship. You'd need another amendment.

The only thing that congress could do regarding birthright citizenship is to approach it indirectly. And fine the parents of those who are here illegally, charging them with fraud or some such. They are abusing the system. A financial penalty wouldn't be outrageous. You could also exclude the parents from any asylum or any possibility of eventual citizenship.

Its heartless. But it might work. And would be completely within the power of congress. If you wanted to be a real dick, you could criminalize the act of giving birth in the US while here illegally. But I doubt anyone would have the stones for such a horrendous move.

Considering that Congress can't seem to do dick about illegal immigration- I don't see how it would manage to pass anything similar to these.

Considering that Congress can't seem to do dick about illegal immigration- I don't see how it would manage to pass anything similar to these.

Oh, I'm speaking hypothetically and legally. Practically, this is all noise. We're not doing shit.

Anyone born in the United States is born a U.S. Citizen.
Then the child of illegals must be taken to the orphanage and parents must be deported, right?

Those are possible options. There are others too.

I don't have an issue with deporting illegal aliens. I think that most of the talk of deporting all illegal aliens is just political rhetoric used by both the right and the left to inflame their base, while both sides work consistently to maintain the status quo. Anyone seen any immigration legislation lately.

I am all for comprehensive- and thoughtful immigration reform. I just don't believe it will happen.

Forum List

Back