Should santuary cities receives Federal Funding?

Three good men are dead thanks largely to San Francisco’s outrageous sanctuary-city policy, which forbids city authorities from notifying federal immigration authorities when they arrest illegal aliens for crimes they commit, and it’s time for President Bush to crack down on all the cities in the United States that follow this absurd policy.
bush should have thought about this sometime over say the last seven years.... What happened to you shinning conservative city on the hill... what happened to you conservative paradise...

Now you and you little conservative buddies go back to you little caves and shut the fuck up ... while youre at it shove your little conservative talking points playbook right the fuck up your ass....

bush should have thought about this sometime over say the last seven years.... What happened to you shinning conservative city on the hill... what happened to you conservative paradise...

Now you and you little conservative buddies go back to you little caves and shut the fuck up ... while youre at it shove your little conservative talking points playbook right the fuck up your ass....

You are right he should have done this a long time ago. Great argument! LOL Typical liberal response. Blame Bush and cuss the person bringing up the issue.

You are right he should have done this a long time ago. Great argument! LOL Typical liberal response. Blame Bush and cuss the person bringing up the issue.
ayep.. thats about right.. bush fucked up and you fucking idiots are showing up a bit late with your "To Do" lists...

ayep.. thats about right.. bush fucked up and you fucking idiots are showing up a bit late with your "To Do" lists...

You are embarrassing. I hope you are proud of yourself.

You are embarrassing. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Really... Embarrassing eh.. like Mac giving an interview in front of a cheese case while Obama was giving a speech in front of a crowd of 200k... WOW.. 200k.. I am feeling a little tingle in my leg....

Really... Embarrassing eh.. like Mac giving an interview in front of a cheese case while Obama was giving a speech in front of a crowd of 200k... WOW.. 200k.. I am feeling a little tingle in my leg....

A crowd of 200K foreigners who the last time I looked can't vote in America.

BFD

Cities should not be receiving federal funding at all for anything. Certainly it is unconstitutional for the Federal government to be providing charity to any selective group of people. If the Federal government focused on its Constitutionally authorized responsibilities and otherwise supported the 10th Amendment, we would be paying a tiny fraction of the taxes we pay in federal taxes.

So....if a city like San Francisco wants to fund illegal immigrants they should a) be liable for any expenses incurred by the federal authorities that should be tracking them down and expelling them from the country and b) they should tax their own citizens for whatever they are giving to the illegals.

When the local city, and not the faceless, obscure feds, becomes the villain confiscating income from the people, one's perspective generally changes in a hurry.

So....if a city like San Francisco wants to fund illegal immigrants they should a) be liable for any expenses incurred by the federal authorities that should be tracking them down and expelling them from the country and b) they should tax their own citizens for whatever they are giving to the illegals.

And hows about the Fed reimburse the cities for enforcing federal law? And how about a big whopping bill for any expenses incurred by illegal immigrants that are illegal because the Fed says so?

A crowd of 200K foreigners who the last time I looked can't vote in America.

BFD

BFD?... you Mac Cats are the ones that pointed overseas and said "you cant handle the foreign statesman truth, your not ready, how can you be president if you havent travelled over seas..." BFD???

Obama done handed all of you your own collective proverbial asses...

BFD... Youre right.. it is...

Interesting argument.

So it appears to me that while some people are all over those STATES RIGHTS movement, they aren't willing to grant the same to CITY RIGHTS?

So the Federal government is wrong when it limited STATES, it has the right to punish CITIES making local decisions?

Feel free to correct me if I've mistakenly overstated some of your positions.

I realize that some of you might agree or disagree with both RIGHTS concepts consistently.

And hows about the Fed reimburse the cities for enforcing federal law? And how about a big whopping bill for any expenses incurred by illegal immigrants that are illegal because the Fed says so?

What federal laws are the cities being required to enforce? If the City, however, institutes a policy that violates federal law, then any costs resulting from that should be on the city's head.

Immigration policy is clearly within Constitutional authority. A city who actively violates or encourages violation of Federal law should be held accountable for and sustain any costs involved as a result of their policy or action.

How about we just enforce the constitution??????

ANy Government entity that ILLEGALLY harbors, protects or supports Illegal ALIENS should be cut off from ANY Federal Funds. They are advocating disobeying federal law, they are thwarting Federal officials and laws. The word for that is insurrection.

They should be cut off from funds and a deadline given to get back into compliance with federal laws. Failure to comply should see elected officials supporting the illegal activity ARREST and jailed for Insurrection.

Interesting argument.

So it appears to me that while some people are all over those STATES RIGHTS movement, they aren't willing to grant the same to CITY RIGHTS?

So the Federal government is wrong when it limited STATES, it has the right to punish CITIES making local decisions?

Feel free to correct me if I've mistakenly overstated some of your positions.

I realize that some of you might agree or disagree with both RIGHTS concepts consistently.

I am all for giving states and cities more responsibilty and reducing the responsibility of the Federal government. That way people in the south aren't forced to live like people in California and vice versa.

I think we can all agree that currently our voices mean very little at the Federal level and would mean more at the state level.

What federal laws are the cities being required to enforce?

Um, immigration law, the topic of this thread.

I do agree that the cost for not enforcing federal law should probably be the city's expense. But only if the cost for enforcing it is the Fed's expense.

I am all for giving states and cities more responsibilty and reducing the responsibility of the Federal government. That way people in the south aren't forced to live like people in California and vice versa.

I think we can all agree that currently our voices mean very little at the Federal level and would mean more at the state level.

Damn the feds for making you get rid of Jim Crowe laws, eh?

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back