Should Saddam go on Trial

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by buggerzion, Dec 15, 2003.

1. buggerzion

buggerzion Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Of course many would say. Please remember, his country was invaded on the pretext it had WMDs. These allegations have been proven false or at least there is no evidence of their existence.

Consider in Britain, at least one member of Blair's staff has resigned over misleading info re WMD to entice the British Gov't to go to war.

Consider the British intelligence services said they warned against the existence of WMDs

Consider and enquiry was called, and as far as I know is still under way.

All this leads me to believe Saddam has done nothing wrong and the unfortunate violent history of this man in other matters is a side issue.

Perhaps Bush , Blair and others should be in the dock!:D

2. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Please tell me you're joking.

What has been proven false?

Sure, hundreds of thousands of people dead and their bllod is on his hands. He should receive sainthood! :rolleyes:

3. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe we should give him a medal!!! for all his good killings, torture, etc... YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!!!

4. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    What the hell does this have to do with war crimes !

Get your head out of the sand, man !

5. Isaac Brock

Isaac Brock Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    WMD aside (which I certainly understand where you are coming from), Saddam has human rights violations out of the wazoo!

He should be tried by his own people for his crimes in his country.

6. NightTrain

NightTrain VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87

Your lack of compassion for fellow human beings is appalling.

Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, have been murdered and buried in mass graves.

A side issue??

He will meet a violent and public end at the hands of the Iraqis he has terrorized for decades.

7. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    For some reason, rather than posting his reply here - buggerzion decided to PM me his reply.

Here it is:

"No, I'm not joking.

The invasion was over WMDs never found and official enquiries in Britain reveal that WMDs were a hoax. Maybe they'll plant some now.

It is feasible the allied leadership could go on trial for bombing what was essentially a defenceless city.

Saddam's crimes against his own people are a matter for the Iraqis.

bugerzion"

8. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    christ almighty!!!! is this guy for real! either the hot sun of the outback has fried his noogin or theres something besides fosters in the can he is drinking from. I wonder what he thinks of hitler?

9. buggerzion

buggerzion Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    But you see, there were no WMDs, and that's what the invasion was about, and the WMDs have proven to be a falsehood. Te invasion was based on lies and it was not popular in Britain and Australia, or Italy.

Tony Blair and John Howard are known zionist lackeys and have no credibilty.

Why did we invade Iraq?

Buggerzion:)

10. buggerzion

buggerzion Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Re Jon_forward's comment
    I believe the word is " noggin ". I do not live in the interior, or the " outback " as you call it!. I do not drink a cheap and nasty beer like Foster's.

To Night train

I have plenty of care for my fellow human being, like those 500,000 that died due to sanctions over non existant WMDs

For the allied leaders to cal Saddam a murder is like "the pot calling the kettle black "

I am not being emotional here. I am trying to be like the policeman or the judge, remaining neutral and not letting emotians cloud my thoughts:D