Should Saddam go on Trial

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
That being said. The casius belli is debatable. What I won't respect in debate is racist slants on everything on any side of the argument. I think most people on this board would agree that in that sense I am 100% consistent.

Thanks for coming back and clearing this up, Isaac. I was tempted to tell him that he was utilizing your words, manipulating them, and using them for his own benefit, but I felt it best to let you cover your own bases.

And yes, you are a role model for consistency, and I applaud you for that.

I agree with most of what you stated, but not all. It's not worthy of debating on because I think we both want the same goals in the long run, we just differ in how we should go about getting there. I think I can handle that and just hope we can in fact get there without causing too much world turmoil.

Thanks again

Originally posted by jimnyc
Thanks for coming back and clearing this up, Isaac. I was tempted to tell him that he was utilizing your words, manipulating them, and using them for his own benefit, but I felt it best to let you cover your own bases.

And yes, you are a role model for consistency, and I applaud you for that.

I agree with most of what you stated, but not all. It's not worthy of debating on because I think we both want the same goals in the long run, we just differ in how we should go about getting there. I think I can handle that and just hope we can in fact get there without causing too much world turmoil.

Thanks again

Indeed! I do not subscribe to conspiracy theories and frankly it would be a shame if people of the same opinion as me would be labled as such. And yes, i'm sure we all indeed want the same thing. A good lesson to remember indeed for many liberal vs conservative debates! Well put.

Yes, Night train.

Upon thinking further, I think you are right re the No fly zone.

As for others who want proof of any zionist conspiracies all you have to do is instruct me how to post the newspaper clippings or give me your emails and I'll send the info.

Do you seriously believe there is no zionist involvement here?

buggerzion:eek:

Sorry Isaac, it wasn't my intent to speak on your behalf. Perhaps a misinterpretation on my part.:)

haha, Now Dan. The pint is the U.S/U/K never cared about Saddam's history of violence.

They no he had nothing to do with 9/11. That's admitted and accepted.

The Allies went after Saddam on the false pretences of WMDs. None have been found, so they are changing the charges. They need something to justify the invasion.

Saddam's brutality had nothing to do with the invasion:D

Originally posted by buggerzion
Saddam's brutality had nothing to do with the invasion

Can you explain then why his brutalities have been included in every resolution since 1991?

The point I and making is Iraq was invaded due to WMDs. It's got nothing to do with his track record as a brute. That is a seperate issue and can be examined seperately

:)

The point I and making is Iraq was invaded due to WMDs. It's got nothing to do with his track record as a brute. That is a seperate issue and can be examined seperately

:)

Why is it a seperate issue? Answer my qestion, yes or no.

Has his brutalities and oppression been included on every resolution and presidential speech since 1991?

They were included together, they can be examined together. Please answer the question.

Iraq invaded for WMDs

None found.

The accusations against him have to be proved

Your question, even if you are right, is not relevent, as I am trying to find justification for the attack on Iraq

I am asking if Saddam should be prosecuted for possessing WMDs, the reason for the invasion.;)

Furthermore Jim, There are many dictators in the world who treat their citizens as bad or worse than Saddam

North Korea proudly gloats of possessing nukes. North Korea is one of the " axis of evil " to quote Bush!

Should we invade North Korea:D

Iraq invaded for WMDs

None found.

The accusations against him have to be proved

Your question, even if you are right, is not relevent, as I am trying to find justification for the attack on Iraq

I am asking if Saddam should be prosecuted for possessing WMDs, the reason for the invasion.;)

Sorry, not nearly good enough!

There were ALWAYS a myriad of reason listed supporting the invasion, and Saddam's oppression and brutality has always been near the top of the list.

And you say it isn't relevant? :laugh:

Do you even read the news before posting? If so, what exactly is he going to be tried for? I'll help you - HE IS GOING TO BE TRIED FOR MASS MURDERS, OPPRESSION, GENOCIDE... I haven't seen a damn thing say he is being tried for possessing weapons. All of the charges against him will be for crimes against humanity.

So why do you even bother mentioning prosecution for WMD?

Do you think he shouldn't be tried for his crimes against humanity?

Furthermore Jim, There are many dictators in the world who treat their citizens as bad or worse than Saddam

North Korea proudly gloats of possessing nukes. North Korea is one of the " axis of evil " to quote Bush!

Should we invade North Korea:D

North Korea was worse than Saddam in treatment of it's citizens? Can you please clarify and outline the atrocities. I'd like to compare them.

There are currently negotiations ongoing with NK over their nuclear program, which started less than a year ago. How many years did we negotiate with Saddam? 12?

If the route runs the same with NK, sure, the controlling regime should be removed there as well.

I did not say North Korea treated it's citizens worse than Saddam. I said it had nukes and told America to " piss off " which you duly did.

I said there are regimes worse than Saddam.

I am fortunate enough to have U.S, British Australian German and other news services. You can tell whose crapping on. A lot of TV and radio is nothing more opinions dressed up as facts.

You see, Jim, I work in radio as a broacaster and I know the news and newspeople well!

The hundreds in the mass graves have already been suggested to be the dead from the Iran Iraq war! There is no evidence of genocide. Where's your proof? You are the accuser. The responsibility to produce proof lies with you.

Take my advice, Jim, don't take news re a subject like this from zionist owned news services about Moslems and vice versa.

Please show me a weapon of mass destruction.

The war was allegedly over WMDs, nothing else. The accusations against Saddam re atrocities, either real or perceived had nothing to do with it.

Oil and the expansion of Israels borders do.

BTW I agree with you, that any crime he has committed he should be tried for, but where are the WMDs, the reason for the
invasion.

Yo say North Korea should be taken care of as well. The U.s doesn't have the military capacity for it!:D

I did not say North Korea treated it's citizens worse than Saddam. I said it had nukes and told America to " piss off " which you duly did.

They did? You work for a news service, provide the links. And we backed off? Provide links of this as well. Las I saw, they made another ultimatum the other day which was swiftly turned down.

I said there are regimes worse than Saddam.

Outline them. And also explain why the urgency would have been greater to go after them first.

I am fortunate enough to have U.S, British Australian German and other news services. You can tell whose crapping on. A lot of TV and radio is nothing more opinions dressed up as facts.

If you are so fortunate, please provide me with links showing the US invaded Iraq solely on the premise of WMD.

The hundreds in the mass graves have already been suggested to be the dead from the Iran Iraq war! There is no evidence of genocide. Where's your proof? You are the accuser. The responsibility to produce proof lies with you.

The proof is in the hundreds of citizens who have already come forward to testify on what took place over the last 30 years. Shoot, even the most diehard of liberals aren't claiming he wasn't killing his own citizens. How do you explain his gassing of the Kurds? Please, the proof of his crimes against humanity is so large it's sickening.

Take my advice, Jim, don't take news re a subject like this from zionist owned news services about Moslems and vice versa.

I hope you learn to spell Muslims correctly before going to publishing. The evidence against his crimes are overwhelming and not disputable.

Please show me a weapon of mass destruction.

Latest reports indicate he has been moved to Qatar.

The war was allegedly over WMDs, nothing else. The accusations against Saddam re atrocities, either real or perceived had nothing to do with it.

Rather than answer my question you just repeat your illogical and baseless claims. Why can't you answer a simple yes or no question? Did the resolutions since 1991 include his oppression and brutalizing or not? Your oversimplification of what took place in Iraq shows just how naive you are, either that or you are purposely ignoring his crimes in order to illicit responses.

BTW I agree with you, that any crime he has committed he should be tried for, but where are the WMDs, the reason for the invasion

Surely you can provide me with links to backup your claim that this was the sole reason for invasion? You work with the media, it really shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to backup your claims.

Yo say North Korea should be taken care of as well. The U.s doesn't have the military capacity for it

Umm, yeah, ok! This statement alone show just how under qualified you are to even be discussing these events.

Now, are you going to provide documentation to backup your claims, or are we supposed to just listen to your opinion and take it as fact?

Anything you require is on the net, however I don't know how to post a saved document to the site. Give me an email, preferably one that's works, and I'll send them to you.

Saddams atricities was not the reason for the invasion. WMDs were. Stick to the point!

Allegations from people are not good enough!

Maybe he did gas the Kurds! Where's the proof? video of dead people won't convict before an honest court!

:rolleyes:

All I do to post an article is copy it from one page then paste it in the reply. Also provide a link so others my check the acrticle if they like. To post a link copy the address then use the htt:// button on the reply page and paste in the address, easy.:)

Anything you require is on the net, however I don't know how to post a saved document to the site. Give me an email, preferably one that's works, and I'll send them to you.

Sorry, I'm not responsible for finding data for backing up your claims. Email me your documentation at "[email protected]" and I'll be happy to post it for you.

Saddams atricities was not the reason for the invasion. WMDs were. Stick to the point!

And I have stated all along it was for a myriad of reasons. Read resolutions 687 and 1441. I have provided proof that that was not the sole reason, why can't you provide yours? I have asked you several times now and you keep dodging the question asked of you.

Allegations from people are not good enough!

Wanna bet on that? The entire world agrees on his atrocities and the claims that will be brought forth will be EASY to convict him with. Why hasn't a single person other than you on the planet claimed that he is not responsible for killing his own people?

Maybe he did gas the Kurds! Where's the proof? video of dead people won't convict before an honest court!

Please, don't start talking with ignorance now! Sure, the entire world is dishonest in acknowledging Saddams atrocities. :rolleyes:

PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR PROOF. YOU HAVE NOW BEEN ASKED 4 TIMES, FAILURE TO DO SO IN YOUR NEXT POST WILL BE ADMISSION THAT YOU HAVE NONE!

Thanks! I'll send you what I can. BTW It is you, the accuser who has to supply proof!

Thanks! I'll send you what I can. BTW It is you, the accuser who has to supply proof!

How do you figure? YOU claimed the sole reason for entering Iraq was the WMD. I just simply replied that I disagreed and that the resolutions clearly outlined a myriad of reasons. Do you want me to post the resolutions here in their entirety?

I'll be checking my email for your documentation on proof that WMD was the sole reason. If it is not supplied you will need to acknowledge that your statements are pure opinion and nothing more.

Forum List

Back