Should religion be allowed to be used in politics and marketing?

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
I believe that this causes and generates conflation between "heathen" religion, and "higher" religion, given the dumbed-down level of the marketing thereof, whether in sales, mass media, politics, and so forth.

(This, of course is excepting the roles and parameters which religion does play in politics, law and government, such as the American and British Common Law systems, and their incorporation of older legal systems, such as Exodus, and religious principles, values, and morals, which they make a part of everyday life, such as the "golden" rule - respect for people's families, property, personal autonomy, life, and so forth, taken for granted as I believe they often are...)

All religion is silly shit designed to manipulate and control people.

It already is the very essence of advertising.

I believe that this causes and generates conflation between "heathen" religion, and "higher" religion, given the dumbed-down level of the marketing thereof, whether in sales, mass media, politics, and so forth.

(This, of course is excepting the roles and parameters which religion does play in politics, law and government, such as the American and British Common Law systems, and their incorporation of older legal systems, such as Exodus, and religious principles, values, and morals, which they make a part of everyday life, such as the "golden" rule - respect for people's families, property, personal autonomy, life, and so forth, taken for granted as I believe they often are...)

youre free to do what you want,,, but dont tell others how to live their lives

Our form of government has been religious in nature from its inception.

All men are created....endowed by their creator.... -- Declaration of Independence.

No other people in all of history have made this principle the basis for their governmental philosphy. It is uniquely American.

Our form of government has been religious in nature from its inception.

All men are created....endowed by their creator.... -- Declaration of Independence.

No other people in all of history have made this principle the basis for their governmental philosphy. It is uniquely American.
Except Jefferson was a diest- Deism, an unorthodox religious attitude that found expression among a group of English writers beginning with Edward Herbert (later 1st Baron Herbert of Cherbury) in the first half of the 17th century and ending with Henry St. John, 1st Viscount Bolingbroke, in the middle of the 18th century. These writers subsequently inspired a similar religious attitude in Europe during the second half of the 18th century and in the colonial United States of America in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. In general, Deism refers to what can be called natural religion, the acceptance of a certain body of religious knowledge that is inborn in every person or that can be acquired by the use of reason and the rejection of religious knowledge when it is acquired through either revelation or the teaching of any church.

He had, so I've read, started writing a bible leaving out Jesus- the founders agreed to Creator in the declaration to avoid a conflict of interest and setting the tone for an "official" belief- I have seen referenced, from the founders, in various writings Natures God-

All religion is silly shit designed to manipulate and control people.

It already is the very essence of advertising.
Conspiracy theory.

That's what propaganda is, "religious", "scientific", "secular", "advertising", or otherwise - people who read adult books don't need most propaganda, I read quite a bit, theology, science, psychology, and many other subjects.

For that matter, "controlling people" isn't always a "bad" thing to begin with, maybe sometimes "necessary ill" more than a good, that's what the Common Law and our legal systems do, at least for those who don't control themselves.

Forum List

Back