Should Racial Views Get You Fired?

@manifold: What Cuyo said.

I cant' believe someone would even say that, this day and age.

Racists do not get along well with others and poison morale

Fire their asses

If said business determines that the mere fact that they have a racist under their employ is bad for business then they are damn right.

And if said business determines that the mere fact they have a black man under their employ is bad for business? :eusa_whistle:

A business that determines that today wouldn't stay in business.

Having those "determinations" this day and age IS bad for business.

You have racial views that are non-mainstream.

You do not share them with anyone at work. At work, you perform very well. Nobody ever has a complaint.

But, the Southern Poverty Law Center discovers your identity. They call your boss and announce that you are a "white supremacist."

You are fired on the spot.

Is this right?

If said business determines that the mere fact that they have a racist under their employ is bad for business then they are damn right.

We are living in a more and more marketing/media world.

Less and less privacy. Think internet/social media/reality tv/video cameras...etc.

Privacy, and/or the concept of privacy is VASTLY different, even from 10 years ago.

I didn't make the rules, I just live with them.

That is a good point. To be a racist today and keep your job you need to stay off message boards, facebook, etc. I know that many employers check facebook along with your references.

I can't imagine why anyone would put his employer on as a FB friend. That being said, social network media is a really dangerous thing. Oddly enough I know several people who will size you up by the number of FB friends you have. I have only a few close friends, and old classmates on mine. One who has worked with the criminally insane is not impressed with the idiots of the world.

And if said business determines that the mere fact they have a black man under their employ is bad for business? :eusa_whistle:

There is no way to eliminate racial prejudice. I have worked with a number of black women who hate white women. They don't mind telling you that and they don't mind treating you like shit because they know no one will call them on it.

I had a patient once from Puerto Rico who thought Mexicans were the lowest form of animal life. Ditto for a black nurse manager who hated Asians and flaunted it. Not a damned thing happened to her.

I think you folks need to measure the shit that is piling up around you on your moral high ground as it is getting quite deep an will likely bury you if you get off your high horse. If you are the right race, you can be as prejudiced as hell and no one can/will do one thing about it.

If you can still join a union, that's your only prayer, but wait...........Obam...Oh never mind...........

Last edited:

There is no way to eliminate racial prejudice. I have worked with a number of black women who hate white women. They don't mind telling you that and they don't mind treating you like shit because they know no one will call them on it.

I had a patient once from Puerto Rico who thought Mexicans were the lowest form of animal life. Ditto for a black nurse manager who hated Asians and flaunted it. Not a damned thing happened to her.

I think you folks need to measure the shit that is piling up around you on your moral high ground as it is getting quite deep an will likely bury you if you get off your high horse. If you are the right race, you can be as prejudiced as hell and no one can/will do one thing about it.

If you can still join a union, that's your only prayer, but wait...........Obam...Oh never mind...........

I once knew a man from Nantucket...

[ So what if a Black thinks Whites are devils? What's new? As long as no harmful or disruptive action is taken, who cares what someone else thinks?

Voicing that kind of stupid, racist nonsense is itself enough to create a disruption. I'd fire him.
Are we talking about someone voicing those views in a loud and disruptive manner or in a normal conversational manner, as per discussion of any other topic?

And if said business determines that the mere fact they have a black man under their employ is bad for business?

Then said business would be subject to a Federal lawsuit it would lose, not to mention a possible civil rights violation indictment.
I was certain it had gone the other way around.

It’s difficult to see how anyone might assume that. See also: Heart of Atlanta Motel v. U.S. (1964).
Are we talking about someone voicing those views in a loud and disruptive manner or in a normal conversational manner, as per discussion of any other topic?

I believe the assumption is there is no outward indication of racism – until this phantom phone call from SPLC.

I've always maintained that an employer should be allowed to terminate an employee for any reason, or no reason at all. If you value freedom, you understand that it's a two-way street.
But if an employer fires an employee either because the SPLC calls and informs him that the otherwise good employee is a racist, or because the employee is overheard expressing racist viewpoints, don't you think that in spite of the employer's right to fire anyone he chooses he is at least symbolically impinging on the First Amendment?

I should mention that I strongly oppose the right of an employer to fire an employee (after a reasonable probationary period) without valid cause.

I've always maintained that an employer should be allowed to terminate an employee for any reason, or no reason at all. If you value freedom, you understand that it's a two-way street.
In addition to the conditions that brought about the Triangle Shirtwaist factory fire in which dozens of young women were killed, one of the main grievances leading to formation of the ILGWU (International Ladies Garment Workers Union) was the habit of employers taking sexual liberties with young female employees and firing those who resisted for some contrived reason. This is but one very good reason to disagree with your position.

If an employee demonstrates a willingness and the ability to perform the job he/she is hired to do an employer should not be at liberty to punish that employee by terminating him/her without a valid reason. The ability to do so imparts excessive power to an employer.

Fire their asses

Can't do that....especially when most of the time they're black.

We had an issue with a couple of guys in our shops. One in ours and one in another shop.

The one in the other shop, a black, stopped coming to work in the shop because he didn't like any of the other employees. This is a guy that saw racism in everything. He felt that all of the other guys hated him....so he stopped showing up for work and regular meetings. He would go out in the field but he couldn't stand any of his fellow employees. The situation went all the way up the chain. Eventually the foreman was relieved and the black guy eventually quit. I never had any problem with him, but he just never could get along with the guys in his shop.

In my shop we had a Black guy that was going around telling all of the blacks in our department that a particular guy, who was white, was a racist. Even though he was new to the job most of the blacks believed him and started giving the white guy the cold shoulder. Turns out this black employee was gay, had approached the white guy for sexual favors and was rejected. Within weeks the black employee had claimed he hurt himself slipping on an icy entry-ramp and was out on workman's comp. We started having to put a bucket of salt at every entryway in every shop and office building on post. Within a couple of months the guy eventually left for another job.

Now if both of these guys had been white they probably would have been fired, but because they were both black everyone had to walk around like they were walking on eggshells. They didn't want any lawsuits for discrimination.

Now I'll wait for all of the claims of racism.

Last edited:
That would depend on various circumstances. Essentially, Yidnar has a right to express his opinion -- provided he doesn't do it in a (directly) insulting, annoying or disruptive manner.

In this format anyone who doesn't like what Yidnar is saying is free to ignore it. But if you wish to pay attention to it and it offends you that is your fault, not his.

Be realistic look how this asshole talk in here, if he behaved this way in the workplace he would get fired anyways without anyone having to do anything.:eusa_hand:
What are we discussing here, the rules of some workplaces or freedom of speech -- assuming one is not expressing his thoughts in the presence of the boss?

E.g. Suppose you overhear one employee tell another employee he dislikes Black people. Or suppose he says he "hates *******." Do you think that employee should be fired? If so, why?

I would say yes he should be fired, racist garbage like that doesn't need to be brought into the work place. The job I work at now is mostly black employees so if that got out he would want to quit anyways. And yes if a Black person said he hates whites I would want his ass shit canned also.

Last edited:

Fire their asses

We had an issue with a couple of guys in our shops. One in ours and one in another shop.

The one in the other shop, a black, stopped coming to work in the shop because he didn't like any of the other employees. This is a guy that saw racism in everything. He felt that all of the other guys hated him....so he stopped showing up for work and regular meetings. He would go out in the field but he couldn't stand any of his fellow employees. The situation went all the way up the chain. Eventually the foreman was relieved and the black guy eventually quit. I never had any problem with him, but he just never could get along with the guys in his shop.

In my shop we had a Black guy that was going around telling all of the blacks in our department that a particular guy, who was white, was a racist. Even though he was new to the job most of the blacks believed him and started giving the white guy the cold shoulder. Turns out this black employee was gay, had approached the white guy for sexual favors and was rejected. Within weeks the black employee had claimed he hurt himself slipping on an icy entry-ramp and was out on workman's comp. We started having to put a bucket of salt at every entryway in every shop and office building on post. Within a couple of months the guy eventually left for another job.

Now if both of these guys had been white they probably would have been fired, but because they were both black everyone had to walk around like they were walking on eggshells. They didn't want any lawsuits for discrimination.

That sounds like a messed up situation to me.

Indeed it is, my child...

Its a sad day when grown men who want to fuck children can have a legal organization.
you can thank libb organazations like the aclu for defending the rights of child molesters ,lesbo's, faggs,commy's, athiest,and black's!!funy they won't defend white heterosexual Christians!!

The greatest proponent of NAMBLA are pedophiles hiding behind libertarianism, Yidnar.

Fire their asses

Like I said, racism poisons the work environment and should not be tolerated.

It is up to the employer to define what is acceptable behavior in the work environment. Racist discussion, sexual harrassment, religion, politics can all create friction in the workplace

Fire their asses

Like I said, racism poisons the work environment and should not be tolerated.

It is up to the employer to define what is acceptable behavior in the work environment. Racist discussion, sexual harrassment, religion, politics can all create friction in the workplace

Fuckin A, I was in the Military for 7 years and none of that shit was tolerated sexual harassment, racism, religion etc if you want to be an asshole racist sexist bigot, do it on your own time.

You have racial views that are non-mainstream.

You do not share them with anyone at work. At work, you perform very well. Nobody ever has a complaint.

But, the Southern Poverty Law Center discovers your identity. They call your boss and announce that you are a "white supremacist."

You are fired on the spot.

Is this right?

NO its not right.

if you do your job and respect your coworkers and leave you hood at home it should not be a problem

that is how i feel about drug tests......

Forum List

Back