Should Racial Views Get You Fired?

Assuming this is true for the moment, since there's no link backing this up.

No, it's an invasion of privacy, your pursuit of happyness, and against your freedom of speech.

If the SPLC is supported by tax dollars, anyone fired under this is due a large payday.

Would you feel the same way if instead of being narc'd on for belonging to a white supremacist organization, the hypothetical victim in question was found to be a member of NAMBLA?

as gross as I find that group of people, since many are criminals.

No, we have freedoms for everyone. From the Jesus freaks to the namblahs.

If they found evidence of a crime, they should turn it over the proper authorities.

Imagine getting fired b/c someone claimed you were into nambla and you weren't?

You'd be stuck with that tag wherever you went.

I think all members of NAMBLA should be fired from their jobs and arrested, fuck them.

As objectionable as NAMBLA may be, it's a perfectly legal organization that lobbies the government in an attempt to get the laws changed.

That said, I have no problem with a free market that ostracizes NAMBLA members. And likewise, I have no problem with a free market that ostracizes members of white supremacist organizations.

I certainly wouldn't want either working for me.

If anyone has slanted racial views that are obvious and risk offense (within reason...) toward others in the proffered work environment then they should not be given the position. If it is a matter of placement, such individuals should not be placed. If it is a matter of them having already been employed there and by seniority then they should be offered servant's pay to leave -- if refused they could leave without such with or without security. Being 'political correct' may seem a bit 'new age' to some but to others it is merely relief from oppression. Being a MODERATE on some specific issues has helped me to understand this... :eusa_whistle:

As objectionable as NAMBLA may be, it's a perfectly legal organization that lobbies the government in an attempt to get the laws changed.

That said, I have no problem with a free market that ostracizes NAMBLA members. And likewise, I have no problem with a free market that ostracizes members of white supremacist organizations.

Then it's not a freemarket.

There's no such thing as a freemarket, except.

Me no capice.

Damn I didn't know it was a legal organization.

Indeed it is, my child...

Me no capice.

Freemarket = everyone gets to play as long as you follow some basic laws.

Freemarket except = everyone gets to play as long as you follow these very restrictive laws that will keep some of you from getting to play.

a real life example;

We can get married to anyone that is old enough and can give consent. That's marriage with basic laws
Gays can get married, except not to a person of the same sex. That's marriage except.

You may not want to have a white supremist working for you, but what if he's your number 1 money maker M-F? What does him being a public dick on his time have to do with work?

but I will state my hypocracy; If word got out a NAMBLA was at a kids school/pre-school, all bets are off. I'll set aside my values to fuck over one person so there's no chance children get harmed.

Its a sad day when grown men who want to fuck children can have a legal organization.

^^^ Founding memeber of the London branch. :razz:

You have racial views that are non-mainstream.

You do not share them with anyone at work. At work, you perform very well. Nobody ever has a complaint.

But, the Southern Poverty Law Center discovers your identity. They call your boss and announce that you are a "white supremacist."

You are fired on the spot.

Is this right?
No, it is not right.

Me no capice.

Freemarket except = everyone gets to play as long as you follow these very restrictive laws that will keep some of you from getting to play.

a real life example;

We can get married to anyone that is old enough and can give consent. That's marriage with basic laws
Gays can get married, except not to a person of the same sex. That's marriage except.

You may not want to have a white supremist working for you, but what if he's your number 1 money maker M-F? What does him being a public dick on his time have to do with work?

but I will state my hypocracy; If word got out a NAMBLA was at a kids school/pre-school, all bets are off. I'll set aside my values to fuck over one person so there's no chance children get harmed.

You're still not making any sense to me.

In a truly free market, the employer is free to hire and fire whomever he pleases. And the employee is free to sell his labor to whomever he pleases. If either party chooses not to associate with the other, the other would have no legal recourse to force said association. Labor laws and the civil rights act are absolute restrictions placed upon the market, making it less free by definition. An argument can be made that it's for a good cause, but no argument can be made that it doesn't make the market less free.

Me no capice.

a real life example;

In a truly free market, the employer is free to hire and fire whomever he pleases. And the employee is free to sell his labor to whomever he pleases. If either party chooses not to associate with the other, the other would have no legal recourse to force said association. Labor laws and the civil rights act are absolute restrictions placed upon the market, making it less free by definition. An argument can be made that it's for a good cause, but no argument can be made that it doesn't make the market less free.

Ok, that makes sense.

I get caught up in "working with what we have" vs what we probably shoule be.

Free markets are not "free" from political and cultural forces. For instance, if NAMBLA had a string of convenience stores, I would shop elsewhere. See how that works?

Me no capice.

a real life example;

Ipso facto, a free market is a good thing?

a real life example;

Ipso facto, a free market is a good thing?

Some restrictions are necessary and justifiable IMO. Others, not so much.

New Topics

Forum List

Back