Should Posting Rep Comments be Against the Rules?

Should posting rep comments be against the rules?

• yes

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • no

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why be afraid to rep? You actually can rep without leaving a comment.
I like the comments I get, even if they arrive with neg reps. I just think it would stifle people's creativity if they knew they could be posted at will.

I'm telling ya, Gunny....the majority of the ones who don't want it to be public are the ones who are embarassed about what they've said while enjoying the protection of the rule.

Typically, when rep comments start being discussed, there you will find the dregs of the discussion. Nattering about neg rep comments (and it seems that only the negative ones actually get posted) does no one any good and has no value to the board.

That said, I do not think it intuitive to hold them sacrosanct like Private Messages, which are very clearly labeled as and intended to be private. Repping, on the contrary, is already quasi-public in that it influences a publically displayed number.

I'm voting "no, posting rep comments should not be against the rules." There is a board-interest in keeping them contained, but not a very great one, and I'm generally for freedom of expression here. Getting that deep into neg rep venom fests is self-punishing as it is, since it makes you look immature - even if you're doing it to expose the other's immaturity.

I'm unclear about the rule.

My understanding is that you can't post comments received without permission, but you can post comments given. Am I mistaken?

The rule is you couldn't post them at all with no distinction being made between given or received.

The purpose of this poll is to see whether or not we can get rid of the rule altogether.

Pretty self-explanatory question. The issue has come up several times recently and after giving it some thought, I don't see a real reason why it should be a violation of the rules to quote them.

It might even make people think twice about some of the crap they say. I get to see them all and I've seen some doozies.

Let's see 'em.

I'm telling ya, Gunny....the majority of the ones who don't want it to be public are the ones who are embarassed about what they've said while enjoying the protection of the rule.
Really? I posted somewhere on this message board that I don't care if anyone posts my rep comments.

Of course not! I love both positive and negative rep comments. Here's my favorite:

bigdaddygtr - I love how someone from backward ass Arkansas has the nerve to even discuss anything race-related. How about you not respond to my posts about race cause you obviously don't know shit.

:rofl:

Dude, did you miss the part where it currently is against the rules to post them?:cuckoo:

It would be nice to post them.

I have had some pretty nasty things said which prove how petty the neg rep was.

I like the comments I get, even if they arrive with neg reps. I just think it would stifle people's creativity if they knew they could be posted at will.

Hell--I plan on get MORE creative if they can be posted !!
Why should Gunny get to have all the fun ?? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back