Enough is Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Two threads today required moderator action due to people acting in an infantile manner. We kind of like the rep we have around here of not doing much of anything.

Consider this a warning. We let a lot of crap go, but some are pushing TOO far. If you want me all over every post and thread like white on rice, keep the shit up. I didn't make Gunnery Sergeant because I can't excel at some good old micromanagement from Hell.

And just in case any of you think it'll do wonders for my disposition to have to spend additional time babysitting ... I suggest you rethink that idea.

Two threads today required moderator action due to people acting in an infantile manner. We kind of like the rep we have around here of not doing much of anything.

Consider this a warning. We let a lot of crap go, but some are pushing TOO far. If you want me all over every post and thread like white on rice, keep the shit up. I didn't make Gunnery Sergeant because I can't excel at some good old micromanagement from Hell.

And just in case any of you think it'll do wonders for my disposition to have to spend additional time babysitting ... I suggest you rethink that idea.
This forum is better then some others! on another one I am on the moderators let people attack other's families, it is good you don't here. One question not that I would ever use the word but can you say the "N" word on here. I don't think I have ever seen anyone use it or maybe I didn't notice! The other forum I am on posters throw it out all the time, which I do not think is right!

Last edited:
Damn! I was sick today and when I logged on there were 1251 New Posts since I my last visit. :doubt:

I guess I will just have to try and guess who the $hit-stirr'er's were today. :lol:

what happened gunny?

Some personal attacks were taken a bit too far. I'm certainly not going to say personal attacks are off limits; especially, since there is a forum for that specific reason. However, I expect people to use enough common sense to know where to draw the line.

A couple of topics are extremely controversial and those who have a position on them extremely passionate in their beliefs. That passion needs to be more directed toward making one's argument than attacking the other person(s).

I prefer y'all handle your own crap than a moderator having to intervene. It's not much fun for us when we don't get to play too because we're too busy babysitting.

I didn't get a chance to personally attack anyone yesterday. That's unsat.:mad::lol:

This forum is better then some others! on another one I am on the moderators let people attack other's families, it is good you don't here. One question not that I would ever use the word but can you say the "N" word on here. I don't think I have ever seen anyone use it or maybe I didn't notice! The other forum I am on posters throw it out all the time, which I do not think is right!

If you bring your family into the conversation, they are fair game. Otherwise, there is little to no tolerance for attacking family members merely as just another means of personal attack.

There are no words in the word filter. Since there are none. most people don't try to make a point of getting all creative in designer wordsmithing to use them.

You will find the word "******" on this board in places. One member quit because I refused to censor it. Used in discussion, if someone just needs to prove their ignorance and/or hatred that badly, they are free to do so. As a personal attack against another member, it will not be tolerated and I WILL censor it faster than you can hit the submit button.

If you bring your family into the conversation, they are fair game. Otherwise, there is little to no tolerance for attacking family members merely as just another means of personal attack.

There are no words in the word filter. Since there are none. most people don't try to make a point of getting all creative in designer wordsmithing to use them.

You will find the word "******" on this board in places. One member quit because I refused to censor it. Used in discussion, if someone just needs to prove their ignorance and/or hatred that badly, they are free to do so. As a personal attack against another member, it will not be tolerated and I WILL censor it faster than you can hit the submit button.
Ok that sounds fine to me! The other board they let some guys call the black people on board the n word. Sorry I won't say it but that is my personal belief but now I understand where you are coming from. I just blocked this one guys on there because he kept falling me around calling my child the "n" word even the I told him the beginning my child is Irish so I don't see why he didn't call him a MICK, just kidding. Anyways thanks for your answer!

I'd like to apologize to everyone on USMB:

A few weekends ago I suggested to my sister-inlaw that she join USMB, because she complained that people on dailykos were nasty and rude. So I suggested that she join USMB, saying that even though people sometimes can get nasty here, for the most part everyone was pretty nice and just debated.

Well, last night my wife informed me that my sister-in-law told her that she was very upset because she had been banned from USMB.

She now believes that USMB has only nasty liberal extremists.

I don't know what name she posted under and since I haven't been posting much lately, probably didn't read any of her messages. Though I'd love to see what she wrote!

She's a very polite person as far as I know, but my wife has always said that she can get very rude.

Anyway, I apologize to everyone. It certainly was a surprise to me.

Last edited:

A few weekends ago I suggested to my sister-inlaw that she join USMB, because she complained that people on dailykos were nasty and rude. So I suggested that she join USMB, saying that even though people sometimes can get nasty here, for the most part everyone was pretty nice and just debated.

Well, last night my wife informed me that my sister-in-law told her that she was very upset because she had been banned from USMB.

I don't know what name she posted under and since I haven't been posting much lately, probably didn't read any of her messages. Though I'd love to see what she wrote!

She's a very polite person as far as I know, but my wife has always said that she can get very rude.

See if you can get her UserID on this board and PM it to me. Let's say I'm skeptical. The only permanent bans that have been handed out here in over 2 years have been spammers.

There are several nasty liberal extermists here, so I completely understand. However, most of them are just Obamabots that can only recite the Obama talking points and have zero thinking ability. They're very easy to trip-up, so if you like to play with brain-dead degenerates, this is the place for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back