Should political affiliation be a protected class?

Should political affiliation be a protected class?

• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters
Veteran status and citizenship have made their way onto the big board. Why not political affiliation. Should a business owner be allowed to hang up sign saying "No Democrats"?
Some rudiments of this leading up to the Civil War... that and a disparate ideological divide... which vitriolically we also seem to have, like few other times in history...

Except that we do not know for certain that LGBT is adopted after birth or whether it was genetically predetermined.

We'll ask Anne Heche about that and the 3,000 gay men the CDC surveyed & found an "epidemic" of them having been molested as boys...and the gay men using another guy's asshole as an artificial vagina (bottoms usually sought for feminine traits) and the macho lesbians using dildos to please their "lesbian" partners with....

Knock yourself out, but none of that proves a damn thing about whether sexual orientation is learned or genetically inherited.

We'll err on the side of caution for the children's sake. Is it an inborn trait to want to support and march in parades that do graphic acts of deviant sex where kids are invited to watch? Just wondering? :popcorn:

Except that we do not know for certain that LGBT is adopted after birth or whether it was genetically predetermined.

We'll ask Anne Heche about that and the 3,000 gay men the CDC surveyed & found an "epidemic" of them having been molested as boys...and the gay men using another guy's asshole as an artificial vagina (bottoms usually sought for feminine traits) and the macho lesbians using dildos to please their "lesbian" partners with....

Knock yourself out, but none of that proves a damn thing about whether sexual orientation is learned or genetically inherited.

We'll err on the side of caution for the children's sake. Is it an inborn trait to want to support and march in parades that do graphic acts of deviant sex where kids are invited to watch? Just wondering? :popcorn:

I'd say no. Not every LGBT person takes things that far, you know. It isn't like straight people don't do some pretty deviant stuff too, no? In front of kids too. Which still doesn't prove a damn thing about whether sexual orientation is learned or genetically inherited.

I'd have to ask why the concept of no discrimination against anybody for any reason for basic goods and services would be hard to legislate.

I started to answer this, but then realized you'd covered it already in your post: :)
But I cannot see how the gov't at any level can look at every possible case of discrimination and judge this person's rights against a business owner's.

I get why we wanted to do something about racism as a legacy of legal slavery in the US. It was THE fundamental flaw of our nation. But the chosen solution was bad as a general principle. And as we generalize it more, it gets more and more ridiculous (wedding cakes? seriously?). As a result, we've inverted the government's responsibility to provide equal protection. We've diverted the focus away from equal rights under the law, and toward equal privilege in society.

I'd have to ask why the concept of no discrimination against anybody for any reason for basic goods and services would be hard to legislate.

I started to answer this, but then realized you'd covered it already in your post: :)
But I cannot see how the gov't at any level can look at every possible case of discrimination and judge this person's rights against a business owner's.

I get why we wanted to do something about racism as a legacy of legal slavery in the US. It was THE fundamental flaw of our nation. But the chosen solution was bad as a general principle. And as we generalize it more, it gets more and more ridiculous (wedding cakes? seriously?). As a result, we've inverted the government's responsibility to provide equal protection. We've diverted the focus away from equal rights under the law, and toward equal privilege in society.

Agreed. Stick with me kid, I'll get you straightened out eventually. Wait, what? :11_2_1043:

Veteran status and citizenship have made their way onto the big board. Why not political affiliation. Should a business owner be allowed to hang up sign saying "No Democrats"?
Sure, if they are that stupid, why not? When I was in business I worked on just about anybodies stuff from rich to poor, black brown white yellow, whoever wanted to pay.
Did anyone ever bring an auto with a straight transmission and ask you to make it gay?

“Should political affiliation be a protected class?”

Of course not – this is a truly ignorant, ridiculous notion and false comparison fallacy.
There is no comparison made in that quote! You really need to get some training before you take it upon yourself to become The Fallacy Referee.

How so? There is no "protected class" . The post is about authorizing the hatred and insane conduct of angry lefties.
Nope. It's not. At all.

The point of the thread is to highlight the ridiculous hypocrisy of protected classes.

Last edited:

I think it's obvious that there's a continuum instead of a binary on/off switch. Many counted as "gay" are actually bisexual. There are a relative few that are hard core homosexual and simply cannot have a sexual relationship with the opposite sex.

I think it's obvious that there's a continuum instead of a binary on/off switch. Many counted as "gay" are actually bisexual. There are a relative few that are hard core homosexual and simply cannot have a sexual relationship with the opposite sex.
Yeah, all that zebra stuff or just the horse with the behavioral hoofbeats. I'm going with Occam's Razor on this one. People's adopted waffling sex kinks "on parade in pride" don't get to override laws in all 50 states about lewd acts performed hoping kids are watching.

Forum List

Back