Should political affiliation be a protected class?

Should political affiliation be a protected class?

• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters
No, since political beliefs are a choice. Huckabee Sanders was not born as Aunt Lydia, she chose to be that way. There were people working at the restaurant that Huckabee Sanders is actively working to strip rights from. She chose to be that way.

Do you have scientific evidence that being gay is not a choice?
Political affiliation should not be protected, if the business is ignorant and bigoted and doesn’t want to serve a segment of the population, then it is on them and Americans have a right to voice their opinions and boycott the ignorant bigoted business owner.
Or to give them more patronage, as will be the case with the Red Hen.

That is fine too, I just know whether they discriminate because of politics, it doesn’t matter if it is Democrat or Republican, I will boycott them because what they are doing isn’t right. If you want to associate with intolerant bigots that is your choice, my choice is to stay away from narrowminded, intolerant nuts.

Yes there is evidence that it's not a choice.

There are two hormone washes that go over the brain of a fetus during gestation. If the fetus is female it's supposed to get estrogen. If it's male it's supposed to get testosterone.

Scientific research is now showing that some fetus get the wrong wash or don't get enough of the right wash. It also shows that the brain is changed with that wash.

Scientific research using MRI images of the brains of homosexual males show that they have the exact same brains as women.

Here, I did a search on the subject for you. Just click the link below then choose your article.

gestation hormone wash homosexuality

As for the second thing you said, I agree. I don't like to associate with narrow-minded and intolerant people. I would never expect a business person to kick someone out of their establishment just because of their political beliefs.

Just as I would expect no business to kick out or refuse to serve a homosexual person.

What I find very hypocritical is the people who spent years saying a business has the right to not serve anyone they choose are now saying it's not ok to not serve anyone they choose.

The people who said that if you serve the public you must serve all the public warned that this won't stop with homosexual people.

They were right.

Interesting. Do you think that most gay men would say they are really women? I thought they resisted that stereotype.

No, since political beliefs are a choice. Huckabee Sanders was not born as Aunt Lydia, she chose to be that way. There were people working at the restaurant that Huckabee Sanders is actively working to strip rights from. She chose to be that way.

So, political affiliation is like religion - a choice. Interesting.
But we chose to make religion a protected class. I'm all for stripping that away, if you like.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the reasoning.

Can anyone cite an example of a "protected class"? Anybody who thinks that people of color are a "protected class" because they won the same rights as anyone else is an ignorant bigot.

Protected classes aren't classes of people. They are traits that are prohibited as a justification for discrimination. There's actually quite a lot of equivocation on this. Even some of the legal resources online don't seem to get the distinction.

Can anyone cite an example of a "protected class"? Anybody who thinks that people of color are a "protected class" because they won the same rights as anyone else is an ignorant bigot.

Protected classes aren't classes of people. They are traits that are prohibited as a justification for discrimination. There's actually quite a lot of equivocation on this. Even some of the legal resources online don't seem to get the distinction.
Traits like embracing public acts of deviant sex "in pride, on parade" where they invite children to watch?

I personally think we should discriminate against that. Well, actually I'm required by law in all 50 states to discriminate against that.

Political affiliation should not be protected, if the business is ignorant and bigoted and doesn’t want to serve a segment of the population, then it is on them and Americans have a right to voice their opinions and boycott the ignorant bigoted business owner.

That is fine too, I just know whether they discriminate because of politics, it doesn’t matter if it is Democrat or Republican, I will boycott them because what they are doing isn’t right. If you want to associate with intolerant bigots that is your choice, my choice is to stay away from narrowminded, intolerant nuts.

There are two hormone washes that go over the brain of a fetus during gestation. If the fetus is female it's supposed to get estrogen. If it's male it's supposed to get testosterone.

Scientific research is now showing that some fetus get the wrong wash or don't get enough of the right wash. It also shows that the brain is changed with that wash.

Scientific research using MRI images of the brains of homosexual males show that they have the exact same brains as women.

Here, I did a search on the subject for you. Just click the link below then choose your article.

As for the second thing you said, I agree. I don't like to associate with narrow-minded and intolerant people. I would never expect a business person to kick someone out of their establishment just because of their political beliefs.

Just as I would expect no business to kick out or refuse to serve a homosexual person.

What I find very hypocritical is the people who spent years saying a business has the right to not serve anyone they choose are now saying it's not ok to not serve anyone they choose.

The people who said that if you serve the public you must serve all the public warned that this won't stop with homosexual people.

They were right.

Interesting. Do you think that most gay men would say they are really women? I thought they resisted that stereotype.

I can't speak for gay men.

What I did do was present honest facts.

Science is tearing apart the lie that a person chooses to be gay.

It's no more of a choice than being heterosexual is a choice.

It's an interesting question, where is the line between a customer's civil rights and a business owner's, if he/she is operating in the public arena? Anybody got a link or book that discusses this in some detail in an impartial way? Do we want a mountain of litigation that could result from SCOTUS decisions one way or the other? Or do we leave it in the hands of state and local gov'ts, what is okay in California isn't in Texas? Or let the public decide with their wallets, by boycotting certain places of business or by public protests?

I think it is relevant to point out that the right to hold and express political opinions os protected under the First Amendment. Being an immoral sexual pervert is nowhere mentioned in the Constitution, nor even implied as a right. Therefore, if being a homosexual makes one a member of a “protected class” against which discrimination is prohibited, then holding and expressing a political opinion which someone might find disagreeable certainly should have at least equal protection to that, if not greater protection.
Tell SCOTUS, buddy.

Being hetero- or homosexual is much more nature than nurture.

Anyone can present their political opinion freely in the public square.

They cannot block another's opinion in the public square without possibly incurring civil and criminal penalties.

e.g., Sil can preach hatred and intolerance all s/he wants but cannot block another's opinion from the public square.

They were right.

And if they not only identified the cause of homosexuality, but developed a treatment that prevented it, would you embrace such a treatment?

No, since political beliefs are a choice.

Political beliefs are no more a choice than religious beliefs. Voter registration is a choice, attending church is a choice, but beliefs are not.

Registering to vote under a particular party affiliation, and attending a church, are expressions of the political and religious beliefs respectively; and as such, ought to be equally protected with the beliefs themselves.
The beliefs can have no more rights in the public square than anyone else's.

The argument is typical of left wing double talk. It isn't about a "protected class" it's about justifying incoherent anger and insanity and justifying civil rights violations.

Lol, the " the fetal brain wash". What a farce.

You state that all fertilized eggs are life and are proud that you would force over 65 thousand American women each year who face an ectopic pregnancy to die. Even though science has proven that there is no life in an ectopic pregnancy. Which science has proven not all fertilized eggs are life.

I'm sure you don't look at it that way when you eat your fried eggs in the morning do you? Oh those are chickens so that doesn't matter. You're only pro human life right?

Now you don't believe science has proven that there's a hormone wash that goes over the brain of a fetus twice in gestation and you don't believe the MRI scans of homosexual men showing their brains are exactly the same as women's brains.

Do you believe that the female and male brains are different? If you do, what do you believe makes those differences?

I can present you honest scientific facts. I can't make you open your mind up to accept and absorb it. I'm sure you didn't even click the link to learn about it. I gave you your choice of information sources. It's just a link to a search not an article.

You're just too afraid to know that your beliefs are ridiculous and that scientific fact proves your beliefs are ridiculous.

I can laugh my ass off at you and your ignorance. Which I do just about every time I read one of your ridiculous posts.

They were right.

It is a theory, not a a scientific fact, they are not sure if that is a cause or not. I am not sure I’m comfortable claiming it is birth defect anyway.

They were right.

And if they not only identified the cause of homosexuality, but developed a treatment that prevented it, would you embrace such a treatment?

I don't believe that I have the right to tell anyone what they can or can't do with their own body.

If some sort of treatment was developed to prevent it, If it was proven to not do any harm to the person and was effective, I would leave it up to the people involved to decide that.

If a consenting adult agrees to take that treatment I would defend their choice just as I would defend a consenting adult to have the choice to not take that treatment.

That's what pro choice means.

Yes, that's the standard argument from the left wrong. You put forth a claim that is false on its face, and cannot be defended by any honest or rational means, and your defense is that anyone who disagrees with it “is an ignorant bigot”.

And then you wonder why sane people hold you and your opinions in such low regard.

They were right.

It is a theory, not a a scientific fact, they are not sure if that is a cause or not. I am not sure I’m comfortable claiming it is birth defect anyway.

You said evidence. Not fact.

Hormone washes are evidence. But it is fact that there is a hormone wash that goes over the brain of a fetus twice in gestation. It's fact that some pregnancies don't get the right wash or enough of the right wash.

MIR scans of brains are evidence. It's fact that the brains of gay men are exactly the same as a female brain. The MRI scans prove it.

I can give you the information but it's obvious you didn't want it in the first place.

You asked the question because you believe there wasn't any. I proved you wrong now you're changing what you asked for.

I gave you both scientific evidence and fact. Yet you continue to argue there is none and you use dishonesty about what you asked for to continue to argue.

Here are your exact words:

They were right.

You said evidence. Not fact.

Hormone washes are evidence. But it is fact that there is a hormone wash that goes over the brain of a fetus twice in gestation. It's fact that some pregnancies don't get the right wash or enough of the right wash.

MIR scans of brains are evidence. It's fact that the brains of gay men are exactly the same as a female brain. The MRI scans prove it.

I can give you the information but it's obvious you didn't want it in the first place.

You asked the question because you believe there wasn't any. I proved you wrong now you're changing what you asked for.

I gave you both scientific evidence and fact. Yet you continue to argue there is none and you use dishonesty about what you asked for to continue to argue.

Here are your exact words:

You provided a lot of information, but none of it is evidence that being gay is or is not a choice. The MRI scans prove nothing; nice to know but still provess nothing. Hormone washes are interesting to some, but proves nothing.

I think I know what research you're referring to, and you're badly misstating the findings. There is no such thing as a "male" brain versus a "female" brain. Humans all have the same brain.

Research has found that the brain has detectable responses regarding attraction, arousal, and the like. Gay men exhibit similar responses to images of men and of women, as do straight women (and vise versa for gay women and straight men). These responses can be compared to other observable brain responses, such as the taste of foods people do and don't like. The findings show that a gay man's attraction to men is essentially equivalent to a straight woman's attraction to men, and that sexual "preference" does not appear to be substantially different from other examples of subjective preference, such as food preferences.

Forum List

Back