Should masks by issued free by Governments?

Should masks by issued free by Governments?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
Okay so we all have the situation where everyone is now being told to wear masks etc Unless you are working in certain areas eg. medical, Government, emergency services etc then you are going to have to keep buying your own masks for who knows how long this will go on.

During wartime Governments issued masks to the population, I don't know what occur in America did Americans get issued masks?

So the situation is with the COVID-19 mask situation, should Governments now do what occur during wartime and the Governments issue a regular supply of masks to the populations? Why should the populations have to pay for their OWN masks, considering this order to wear masks is coming from the Governments then in my opinion like occur during wartime the Governments should be issuing masks free of charge to the populations.

We can avoid the obvious comment that "nothing is free" by restating the question; should we all participate in common health concerns by making masks universally available? Should we work collectively, as a group, to assure that the group maximizes the security of its members?

no

When it was made mandatory for seatbelts in vehicles, the manufacturers had to suck up the cost, they weren't provided by the government.

Actually they are. If you work for a government agency and are required to wear a mask they will give you all the masks you need. Walmart also gives free masks these days.

• Banned
We can avoid the obvious comment that "nothing is free" by restating the question; should we all participate in common health concerns by making masks universally available? Should we work collectively, as a group, to assure that the group maximizes the security of its members?

Well my response is that yes masks should be universally available for free and issued by the respective Governments. The general cost of issuing masks would not be that great to Governments perhaps 5-10 millions, this is based on the reusing masks made of fabric that can be washed and then reused and each person would be issued two of these masks.

Okay so we all have the situation where everyone is now being told to wear masks etc Unless you are working in certain areas eg. medical, Government, emergency services etc then you are going to have to keep buying your own masks for who knows how long this will go on.

During wartime Governments issued masks to the population, I don't know what occur in America did Americans get issued masks?

So the situation is with the COVID-19 mask situation, should Governments now do what occur during wartime and the Governments issue a regular supply of masks to the populations? Why should the populations have to pay for their OWN masks, considering this order to wear masks is coming from the Governments then in my opinion like occur during wartime the Governments should be issuing masks free of charge to the populations.
I said no on principle, but maybe if they want to REQUIE it, they should. Ultimately the citizen pays for it anyway

• Banned
no

When it was made mandatory for seatbelts in vehicles, the manufacturers had to suck up the cost, they weren't provided by the government.

I am using the comparison though of the ONLY other times populations have been ordered by the Governments to wear masks and this has been during wartimes and those masks were ALL issued to the populations by the Governments.

Masks and seatbelts are not my comparison. Masks and masks are but at different times in modern history.

Masks should be free but the government of communist china should be the one that supplies the whole world at their expense. China developed this virus and they intentionally spread it throughout the world. Those assholes owe every country and every business in those countries full restitution for all their virus related expenses. Red China is the enemy of the world.

Make-America-Free-Again-Face-Mask-200x115.jpeg

I said no on principle, but maybe if they want to REQUIE it, they should. Ultimately the citizen pays for it anyway

Exactly they are in general saying that peoples HAVE to wear a mask OR if not they are going to be punished by having to pay a fine which can be anything between 500-1.000. To me it seems this is just another way of stealing moneys off peoples, buy their owns masks, not wearing a mask force them to pay a fine etc.

If Governments are going to make it mandatory to wear a mask, then the Governments like occur during wartime should issue masks to ALL the populations.

But not rioters, rioters cant have to wear a mask because they cant have to get sick. Only people who work can have to get sick. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Masks should be free but the government of communist china should be the one that supplies the whole world at their expense. China developed this virus and they intentionally spread it throughout the world. Those assholes owe every country and every business in those countries full restitution for all their virus related expenses. Red China is the enemy of the world.

No I do not think we should allow China to provide ANY of these masks, we cannot trust China and we already had situations where China was sending PPE to various other nations that then was found to be defective.

I agree that China is the Western World's greatest enemy and that China should be punished.

But not rioters, rioters cant have to wear a mask because they cant have to get sick. Only people who work can have to get sick. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Yes they can't explain why law abiding peoples MUST wear a mask OR get a fine but for the rioters wearing a mask is optional.

Actually they are. If you work for a government agency and are required to wear a mask they will give you all the masks you need. Walmart also gives free masks these days.

If you read my OP I already said that:

1595953467555.png

The general public are not issued free masks, these plastic/paper whatever masks they give free are not any use and it's also these type of masks that the public is buying. If you want a mask it should be the fabric ones that can be washed and reused OR the ones that have the breathing thing in them.

Where I work they provide free masks, rubber gloves, and hand sanitizer. A lot of businesses that employ "essential workers" do now. With all the horseshit government wastes money on there's no reason they can't as well.

No I do not think we should allow China to provide ANY of these masks, we cannot trust China and we already had situations where China was sending PPE to various other nations that then was found to be defective.

I agree that China is the Western World's greatest enemy and that China should be punished.
That's a very good point. So then let's make the masks here and charge those dog eating bastards for all the costs. Red china owes the whole world. They suck.

Forum List

Back