Should masks by issued free by Governments?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay so we all have the situation where everyone is now being told to wear masks etc Unless you are working in certain areas eg. medical, Government, emergency services etc then you are going to have to keep buying your own masks for who knows how long this will go on.

During wartime Governments issued masks to the population, I don't know what occur in America did Americans get issued masks?

So the situation is with the COVID-19 mask situation, should Governments now do what occur during wartime and the Governments issue a regular supply of masks to the populations? Why should the populations have to pay for their OWN masks, considering this order to wear masks is coming from the Governments then in my opinion like occur during wartime the Governments should be issuing masks free of charge to the populations.

I should add that I am not certain myself IF wearing a mask is of ANY use, there are reports suggesting that wearing a mask is not going to prevent anything and actually could have the opposite effect.

Also there are many problems with wearing a mask if someone has existing problems eg. asthma these peoples do NOT have to wear a mask, a note from their Doctor is provided. Now if you have thousands not wearing a mask because they have asthma and they are walking around then to me this defeats the entire purpose that EVERYONE else HAS to wear a mask, this because wearing a mask is NOT going to prevent you from getting COVID-19 it's ONLY going to prevent you from breathing on someone etc

Actually they are. If you work for a government agency and are required to wear a mask they will give you all the masks you need. Walmart also gives free masks these days.

Where I work they provide free masks, rubber gloves, and hand sanitizer. A lot of businesses that employ "essential workers" do now. With all the horseshit government wastes money on there's no reason they can't as well.

"Where I work they provide free masks, rubber gloves, and hand sanitizer."

You work in a Brothel of course :smoke:

Actually they are. If you work for a government agency and are required to wear a mask they will give you all the masks you need. Walmart also gives free masks these days.

Where I work they provide free masks, rubber gloves, and hand sanitizer. A lot of businesses that employ "essential workers" do now. With all the horseshit government wastes money on there's no reason they can't as well.

"Where I work they provide free masks, rubber gloves, and hand sanitizer."

You work in a Brothel of course :smoke:

You know what the rubber gloves are for...

Didn't vote.

Some Chinese surgical masks are no good. No surprise they send the garbage to the USA.

Okay so we all have the situation where everyone is now being told to wear masks etc Unless you are working in certain areas eg. medical, Government, emergency services etc then you are going to have to keep buying your own masks for who knows how long this will go on.

During wartime Governments issued masks to the population, I don't know what occur in America did Americans get issued masks?

So the situation is with the COVID-19 mask situation, should Governments now do what occur during wartime and the Governments issue a regular supply of masks to the populations? Why should the populations have to pay for their OWN masks, considering this order to wear masks is coming from the Governments then in my opinion like occur during wartime the Governments should be issuing masks free of charge to the populations.
Is there no end to the free shit you want?

Why should the general population have to pay for something that they by CHOICE would NOT use? Considering the mask thing is going mandatory and this on order from Governments then the Governments should issue them.

ABSOLUTELY and UNEQUIVOCALLY. Why?
  • The government tells me there is a virus I cannot see that I cannot feel that does not make me sick yet I must absolutely protect myself from. Further, they pass mandates that I must wear a mask. Therefore it is upon them to provide me a mask, if I so choose and cannot get one otherwise that meets their requirements: offers me the adequate amount of protection that can be washed and reused.
  • Many businesses will now treat me like a leper and ban me as a customer from ESSENTIAL services without a mask, whether I can wear one or not, whether I need one or not, whether I can get one or not.
  • Have you tried to buy one? They are all out of stock, backordered, and not due in for months? Where are they coming from, China?
  • Many people are poor, on fixed income, and it is an unreasonable request that they spend hours hunting for masks they cannot find, spending $30 a month or more on masks they don't have the money to afford. Can you imagine shelling out hundreds of dollars for masks as you cannot even pay for your utilities and medicines?
Of course, if you are rich and don't mind spending $200 a month on masks and don't need it, you can always decline to take the free one from the government.

Absolutely, if needed. A major function of government is the security of its populace. Masks inhibit spread of disease to innocents. There should be no impediment to access for it. My employers supply masks for the same reason, as do (some) public businesses. It's in their interest to do so since spreading disease will negatively affect their own operation.

It's exactly the same as government regulating safe medications and drinking water and food.

Presumably you refer to WWI during the so-called "Spanish" Flu. I don't know for sure but it's very doubtful the government issued masks since that same government was actively denying there was an epidemic going on. There was a government disinformation agency created to censor news about it and the President (Wilson) contracted the disease himself and lied about it.

That's why a virus that originated in Kansas (and got shipped to Europe with soldiers tightly packed on ships) got to be called "Spanish" --- Spain, being not involved in that war, was the major affected country that was not lying about it, as was France, Britain, Germany and the United States. More US military personnel in that war, died from the flu than died from the war. All of which leads me to doubt very much the government provided masks, as doing so would have exposed the lying propaganda it was actively selling.

again, if masks work, why can't I wear glasses with a mask on?

Why do they stick a nine inch swab up the nose rather than swab the mouth?

Absolutely, if needed. A major function of government is the security of its populace. Masks inhibit spread of disease to innocents. There should be no impediment to access for it. My employers supply masks for the same reason, as do (some) public businesses. It's in their interest to do so since spreading disease will negatively affect their own operation.

It's exactly the same as government regulating safe medications and drinking water and food.
if a store wants me to wear a mask, have masks at the door where I enter.

You wouldnt want a government issued mask.

Better let these guys know that.

AP19190543756508.jpg

But not rioters, rioters cant have to wear a mask because they cant have to get sick. Only people who work can have to get sick. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Yes they can't explain why law abiding peoples MUST wear a mask OR get a fine but for the rioters wearing a mask is optional.
Blacks are not required to wear masks because something about white racism. I dont get it either

no

When it was made mandatory for seatbelts in vehicles, the manufacturers had to suck up the cost, they weren't provided by the government.
Some years ago I read that each vehicle has about 5 thousand dollars of safety equipment on them mandated by government.

AP19190543756508.jpg
Those suits cost about 12 million dollars a piece back then. So multiply 350 million(Americans) times 12 million dollars and that is a lot of money.

AP19190543756508.jpg
Those suits cost about 12 million dollars a piece back then. So multiply 350 million(Americans) times 12 million dollars and that is a lot of money.

Doesn't matter. The poster said, and I quote, "You wouldnt want a government issued mask.". Not suit, notice, but "mask".

AP19190543756508.jpg
You are mistaken if you think the government is going to throw down the big bucks on high end masks for 300,000,000+ Americans.

Why should the general population have to pay for something that they by CHOICE would NOT use? Considering the mask thing is going mandatory and this on order from Governments then the Governments should issue them.

So when a store has a no shirt no shoes no service policy you think the government should provide them too?

Well my response is that yes masks should be universally available for free and issued by the respective Governments.

That is not possible.

Government does not create wealth. Government cannot give anything away for free.

Anything that government gives to anyone, has to come out of wealth that government has taken from someone.

Just because the person receiving something isn't paying for it does not make it free. It only means that someone else is paying for it, instead of the one receiving it.

Forum List

Back