How did the left become the "party of science"?

Okay, what is your catalyst for warming?

Sunspots?

Tilt of the earth?

Volcanoes?
The fact that we're still emerging form an ice age.

A significantly weaker magnetosphere.

An orbital path that varies.

There are literally trillions of organic and inorganic moving parts to the planet and the solar system...It takes a monumental level of hubris to presume that the activities of mere men can act, whether accidentally or on purpose, as a driver of anything so vast as climate on a worldwide level.

But we're talking about leftists here, so hubris comes with the territory.

Shut up stupid. She has been a featured speaker at the RNC convention.

He's a loon, a nutcase, a mentally-fucked-up, surgically-mutilated freak.

That he hold conservative views changes none of that.

And the fact that you address him as “her” only proves that you are also a mentally-fucked-up freak.

In any event, your belief that a man can be a woman proves that you have no standing, no credibility whatsoever, to presume to speak of science,; which gets right down to the very point of this thread.

The fact that we're still emerging form an ice age.

A significantly weaker magnetosphere.

An orbital path that varies.

There are literally trillions of organic and inorganic moving parts to the planet and the solar system...It takes a monumental level of hubris to presume that the activities of mere men can act, whether accidentally or on purpose, as a driver of anything so vast as climate on a worldwide level.

But we're talking about leftists here, so hubris comes with the territory.
Tell us all how the Magnetosphere creates CO2 or the orbital path.

He's a loon, a nutcase, a mentally-fucked-up, surgically-mutilated freak.

That he hold conservative views changes none of that.

And the fact that you address him as “her” only proves that you are also a mentally-fucked-up freak.

In any event, your belief that a man can be a woman proves that you have no standing, no credibility whatsoever, to presume to speak of science,; which gets right down to the very point of this thread.
Come on bob, katelyn has rizz in your republic party.

Appealing to experts?

I ask people to refute facts from scientists, and you demand I play being a scientist? Why avoid backing up your claims with refutations?

They present no facts.

Try again.

I mean when you come right down to it their track record is not very impressive at all.

In the late 80's-early 90's they were all saying that everyone is going to get cancer from the hole in the ozone. There is still a large chunk of the human race that is cancer free.

In the late 2000's Al Gore told us there would be no polar ice caps by 2013 due to global warming. They're still there.

Greta Thunberg said we would all be dead from climate change by now. And of course, being a teenager with no area of expertise in the field, she should be taken seriously.

They told us at the beginning of covid that masks don't work. Then they did if they were N95. Then a piece of pillow case over your face was sufficient.

They are also the same people that pushed rules such as you must have a mask on in a restaurant when waiting for your food, but can remove them when eating because covid apparently took a break during mealtime.

They said the "vaccine" would prevent covid. It didn't. Then it would stop the transmission of it. It didn't. Then it would be a mild case if vaccinated. Vaccinated people still died and they still do.

They try to force the idea that the number of genders is infinite. Scientifically, there are two.

Sigh, I guess they wormed their way deep into government (people who fund science) and academia....You know the people who research and affirm conclusions that those who fund them want to hear.

As soon as they figured out that they could call anything they want "science" and nobody would question it.

R.6daf5016c00f796ddde402ff54ef8f81

The world wonders..... 😐
Climate summit leader defends controversial comments that alarmed scientists and sent shockwaves through meeting

Sultan Al Jaber:

Al Jaber told reporters Monday, “I have always been very clear on the fact that we are making sure that everything we do is centered around the science.”

“I honestly think there is some confusion out there, and misrepresentation and misinterpretation,” he said, adding, “I have said over and over that the phase down and the phase out of fossil fuel is inevitable. In fact, it is essential … it needs to be orderly, fair, just and responsible.”

Uhm really?

"It is undeniable that human activities have produced the atmospheric gases that have trapped more of the Sun's energy in the Earth system. This extra energy has warmed the atmosphere, ocean, and land, and widespread and rapid changes in the atmosphere, ocean, cryosphere, and biosphere have occurred."
Screenshot_20230908-163041.png

Here's your scientist's data, so please explain why co2 hasn't trapped heat in the past.

I mean when you come right down to it their track record is not very impressive at all.

In the late 80's-early 90's they were all saying that everyone is going to get cancer from the hole in the ozone. There is still a large chunk of the human race that is cancer free.

In the late 2000's Al Gore told us there would be no polar ice caps by 2013 due to global warming. They're still there.

Greta Thunberg said we would all be dead from climate change by now. And of course, being a teenager with no area of expertise in the field, she should be taken seriously.

They told us at the beginning of covid that masks don't work. Then they did if they were N95. Then a piece of pillow case over your face was sufficient.

They are also the same people that pushed rules such as you must have a mask on in a restaurant when waiting for your food, but can remove them when eating because covid apparently took a break during mealtime.

They said the "vaccine" would prevent covid. It didn't. Then it would stop the transmission of it. It didn't. Then it would be a mild case if vaccinated. Vaccinated people still died and they still do.

They try to force the idea that the number of genders is infinite. Scientifically, there are two.

Sigh, I guess they wormed their way deep into government (people who fund science) and academia....You know the people who research and affirm conclusions that those who fund them want to hear.

As soon as they figured out that they could call anything they want "science" and nobody would question it.

The world wonders..... 😐

That is totally misrepresenting what actually happened.

The hole in the ozone was over the Antarctic, so the only people affected were a few Australians.
And we fixed it.
But switching out the 12a freon for 134a, we reduced the amount of chlorine by over a factor of 10. and the ozone hole healed.

The concern over the melting polar caps was in the 1970s, not after 2000, and we not only made cars switch from 12 mpg to 40 mpg, but the amount of pollution per gallon was cut by about a factor of 10 with fuel injection and catalytic converters.
So of course the polar ice caps did not melt.
But that is because we stopped them from being melted.
They would have melted if we had not changed.

Greta never said what the time table was, since it depends upon unpredictable things like melting methane hydrate that is now frozen on the ocean floor.

However I agree with you entirely when it comes to masks and covid.
The vaccine companies took total control and acted totally without science or facts.

A political party that refuses to define the difference between male and female is the opposite of science. A political party that fudges data and predicts fake disasters as a result of a unproved theory of man made global warming is the opposite of science, more like a criminal enterprise that specializes in extortion.

Sorry, but science is way more complicated than that.
There is no such thing as a man or woman.
There are chromosomes, and an XX pair will normally produce mostly estrogen and very little testosterone.
While an XY pair will produce mostly testosterone and very little estrogen.
But that is easily over ridden by what we eat, that can contain massive amounts of pesticides that are essentially powerful hormones, that can easily out do the ones from our chromosomes.
There are also viruses that alter our own hormone production.
This is complicated further by the fact we have no mental or final physical sexual gender orientation until puberty.
So the possibilities are almost endless.

Man made global warming is not a theory and is well proven.
It should be obvious to anyone.
We had no Northwest Passage for over 10,000 years, and in 1997 it melted open for the first time.

Climate change? No....the climate has been changing ever since the Earth created an atmosphere.
Science would back that up.......without the politics involved.
Now what does science say about genders without the politics?

Climate has always been changing, but it is a 110,000 year long cycle normally.
And we are currently supposed to be at the start of next cooling off part of the cycle.
Instead we are rapidly warming artificially, on top of the warmest part of the natural cycle.
And we have accelerated the normal cycle by a factor of 500 times faster than normal.

View attachment 874401

Here's your scientist's data, so please explain why co2 hasn't trapped heat in the past.

CO2 has always trapped heat in the past.
The time scale you are looking at is way too big to show the 110,000 year long CO2 cycle of plants using it up, it getting cold enough to kill the plants, the plants rotting and returning the CO2 to the atmosphere.
What your really long scale is showing is orbit and axis variations, like precession and nutation.

If you zoom way in, you get this:
R.cc8e93eb7806f1d0f918c463df664db6

But your image is such a long time period that the above graph gets shrunken down to a single dot.

The hole in the ozone was over the Antarctic, so the only people affected were a few Australians.
And we fixed it.
But switching out the 12a freon for 134a, we reduced the amount of chlorine by over a factor of 10. and the ozone hole healed.

I call bullshit on that “problem” having ever been real, or that Mankind ever has or ever will have any capacity to aggravate or mitigate it.

I say that if Mankind were to direct all of our resources to producing R12, and releasing it into the atmosphere, the impact of us doing this for a century would be nothing compared to the impacts of all the natural chlorine compounds being spewed into the atmosphere on a daily basis, by Mount Erebus, a volcano that happens to be located directly underneath the alleged “ozone hole”.

Whatever the current state is of this “ozone hole”, I say that it is exactly the same as if Mankind had never existed, exactly the same if we had discovered and began producing and using R12 a century ago, and releasing ten times as much into the air of a daily basis as we ever did during the time that it was in widespread use.

The time scale you are looking at is way too big to show the 110,000 year long CO2 cycle of plants using it up, it getting cold enough to kill the plants, the plants rotting and returning the CO2 to the atmosphere.
What your really long scale is showing is orbit and axis variations, like precession and nutation.

But your image is such a long time period that the above graph gets shrunken down to a single dot.

Something that my brother, a professor of Geology, is fond of pointing out about this myth, is that while there is an obvious correlation between carbon dioxide levels, and global temperature, the changes on carbon dioxide trail after the changes in temperature. The temperature changes happen first, and then the changes in carbon dioxide happen to follow it. This totally disproves the lie that it is the changes in carbon dioxide levels that are causing the changes in temperature. A cause cannot follow its effect. A cause has to happen before the effect. At the surface, this seems to suggest that it is the changes in temperature that are driving the changes in carbon dioxide level and not the other way around. Or it could be that both these parameters are being driven by a third unidentified parameter with temperature responding more quickly thereto that carbon dioxide levels. But this cannot be reconciled with the lie that it is carbon dioxide levels that re driving the changes in temperature.

The world wonders..... 😐

I really cannot wait until we move far enough from the pandemic to begin the open mockery. The stupid, idiotic rules that TOO MANY followed. Yeah, put your mask on to walk to your table, but Covid won't get you when you're eating. Instrument masks. The outside tent restaurants built next to existing restaurants.

Closed schools.

Masked babies.

Idiocy. Some of us avoided it.

I really cannot wait until we move far enough from the pandemic to begin the open mockery. The stupid, idiotic rules that TOO MANY followed. Yeah, put your mask on to walk to your table, but Covid won't get you when you're eating. Instrument masks. The outside tent restaurants built next to existing restaurants.
Closed schools.
Masked babies.
Idiocy. Some of us avoided it.

I'm there already.

I've been there for a long time, almost since the beginning.

Your timescale is foolish in terms of geological history. That's why you're credulous to the environment scam.

Science is the best tool we have to understand the world.
i'm sure there are those who prefer scripture or their own (or some social media influencer's) gut feelings to explain the universe,

better outcomes occur if we "follow the science" as they say in "csi miami"

jotathought
my grandmother was born when aircraft were science fiction. i watched men walk on the moon and cancer cured. maybe they will be changing men into women or fuzzies with a pill in a hundred years, and changing them back when it wears off? there may be a scientist working on it.

1srelluc the reason dems are the "party of science" is that we want to study everything. we need to know as much as possible about as much as possible in order to feed our computers enough information to save this miserable planet the only one we have, for a little while longer in geologic time.

when i read i=one of the stupid drudge articles about the money being wasted studying the sex lives of grasshoppers i mist laugh. the object of such research may not be readily apparent but that is how we learn to control agricultural pests.

Forum List

Back