Should Kennedy Retire or Be Fired?

acludem said:
.... No Child Left Behind became a failure .........

please explain how it has failed?.... beacuse i go to my son's school every day and have been for the past four years and as far as i can tell...no child has been left behinde and all are doing well...

Retire him or fire him ?----there's gotta be options than that. !!!!
tarring and feathering worked well in it's day. Then theres a free ride on a rail outta town. Ambassador to Antarctica maybe?

Massachusetts should get rid of that fat old fascist. Unfortunately I think everybody there is on the payroll of the Big Dig.

No Child Left Behind is a giant, unfunded mandate that has become a crippling monkey on the backs of the states. The goals are unreasonably high, and the resources are unreasonably low. Here is a website that will tell you all about the problems with this law. http://nochildleft.com/

Kennedy supported the original concept, but Bush and the Republicans in the House and Senate drastically changed the bill in conference committee meetings that Democrats were shut out of.

acludem

And take Senator Bird with him. Sorry guys your time has come. Let some new and fresh idea's in, PLEASE!!! :salute:

acludem said:
No Child Left Behind is a giant, unfunded mandate that has become a crippling monkey on the backs of the states. The goals are unreasonably high, and the resources are unreasonably low. Here is a website that will tell you all about the problems with this law. http://nochildleft.com/

Kennedy supported the original concept, but Bush and the Republicans in the House and Senate drastically changed the bill in conference committee meetings that Democrats were shut out of.

acludem

um Kennedy wrote the Bill. Thats why there are problems.

Also if the states arent being funded why is it the Department of Education is telling the states to spend all the money they have been allocated or they lose it. Last year there was major problem with that. The Federal government gave the states alot more money for education and they werent spending a cent so the DoE had to tell the states to spend it or lose it. which is messed up because if they dont need the money they shouldnt be told to spend it. the money should just be taken and used for other things that are more important.

"No Child Left Behind" has not been a failure in my state. Test scores of school children have increased every year under the program, and that was the intent--to see that children learned.

Forum List

Back