should incest be legal?

should incest be legal between 2 consenting adults

• yes

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • no

Votes: 27 77.1%

• Total voters
I love how the republicans are answering no. :lol:

Stay out of my life, but please tell someone else who they can have sex with.

But did you notice how the most liberal states, at least those mtntioned, like MA and HI had very strict laws?

We don't pretend to be about limited government. :lol:

I just get sick of some republican saying they want the government out of their lies, bthen turning around and telling someone else what to do with their body, and who they should marry.
If someone is 18, one should be able to choose who they have sex with. The tricky part is the offspring.

A lot of you do pretend to be about limited government, but even when that's not the case you're always first in line to speak up about other people legislating their morals on you, while you have no compunction doing the same. You're for limited government whenever it's someone else's morals you don't agree with, but all for government control whenever it's your morals you want to force on everyone else. I suppose it can work both ways, but don't pretend that you're the 'open minded' ones. :lol:

I would imagine that once upon a time incest taboos developed as a method to limit genetic maladies and ensure genetic diversity.

And though I've heard the jokes about cousins being good for practice, with all that is available out there the idea seems a bit odd. Then again, when I was 17 I didn't have Maureen McCormack down the hall either.....:D

So, I voted to keep government out of adult decisions.

Here's why I voted no, incestual relationships can lead to deformed and defective children due to lack of genetic variability and increasing the recessive mutations that may be present in family members. So it can have a negative effect

Polygamy if the people consent, I don't think should be illegal, although if it was legal, don't think many people would do it. Hard enough to deal with one woman, let alone several. (guys perspective only)

Here's why I voted no, incestual relationships can lead to deformed and defective children due to lack of genetic variability and increasing the recessive mutations that may be present in family members. So it can have a negative effect

Polygamy if the people consent, I don't think should be illegal, although if it was legal, don't think many people would do it. Hard enough to deal with one woman, let alone several. (guys perspective only)

True enough, thought the way it is practiced by some polygamy groups, what with underage brides, etc, is definitely bad.

If these instances are not included, I see nothing wrong with polygamy.

Saw this discussed somewhere else and I think its a good measure of how much you think the government should be able to control people's life. Of course we are talking about two consenting adults and this has nothing to do with marriage.

EDIT: I voted yes
No. Incest is one of those universal societal taboos.
Not if one is royalty in just about any given society

care to explain why?

Not a good idea genetics-wise for one thing. Not really interested in arguing with your Oedipus complex.

Unless a family inbreeds for Generations the chance of a genetics problem is so small as to be insignificant. We do not prevent people with KNOWN genetic problems from having children, even with each other.
You can keep repeating yourself, but they don't want to understand what you're saying

☭proletarian☭;2207820 said:
Saw this discussed somewhere else and I think its a good measure of how much you think the government should be able to control people's life. Of course we are talking about two consenting adults and this has nothing to do with marriage.

No. Incest is one of those universal societal taboos.
Not if one is royalty in just about any given society
True, many royals historically thought themselves above that taboo as many believed they were special compared to the masses. With their inbreeding, that became a self-fulfilling destiny, of sorts.

In addition, if incest were to be legalized, eventually we WOULD have "generations of inbreeding".
right... because legalizing it is going to make everyone want to do it and having it illegal stops them as it is...:cuckoo:

☭proletarian☭;2207826 said:
You can keep repeating yourself, but they don't want to understand what you're saying

We don't want to understand the clearly false claim he made?

Or we don't really want to bother to understand it?

In other words, you want incest illegal as a part of your human breeding and eugenics campaign?

☭proletarian☭;2207839 said:
In addition, if incest were to be legalized, eventually we WOULD have "generations of inbreeding".
right... because legalizing it is going to make everyone want to do it and having it illegal stops them as it is...:cuckoo:

In families where inbreeding occurs, it would be more likely to occur again, as the stigma would be lifted, thus the "generations" I was referring to.

I did not in fact make any implication that the practice would become common if the law were done away with.

Last edited:
I'd say no to incest....I think it can lead to abusive situations within the family...and I don't think that a parent should ever have a sexual relationship with their own child, whether 18 or not. And as far as brothers and sisters as children, having sex with eachother is harmful mentally, if nothing else...and probably screws the brain more than other parts....

☭proletarian☭;2207853 said:
In other words, you want incest illegal as a part of your human breeding and eugenics campaign?

That's what you took out of it? Boy you aren't very bright :lol:

And not wanting deformed children with horrible genetic defects has what to do with eugenics? angry that you can't fuck your siblings?

Who the fuck would even argue for incest being legalized and be serious about it

In the wild, if given the choice between their first cousin or their sibling, animals, at least mice in experiements done, will choose their first cousin. NOt as bad as two direct siblings mating since their is added variation in there.

☭proletarian☭;2207853 said:

That's what you took out of it? Boy you aren't very bright :lol:

And not wanting deformed children with horrible genetic defects has what to do with eugenics? angry that you can't fuck your siblings?

Who the fuck would even argue for incest being legalized and be serious about it
You're the one arguing genetic fitness and controlling peoples' breeding practices. That's eugenics by definition.

Its none of my business what 2 consenting adults do in private never mind the government's business. They should not make a law about your specific scenario.

That being said the idea of incest is wrong in my opinion.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Forum List

Back