Should There Be More Instances Where It Should Be Legal To Use A Firearm?

Should Self-defense Be The Only Time When It's Legal To Fire A Gun?

• Total voters

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I was just talking about this with my fiancee and I really think that there should be. Child abuse immediately comes to mind. Especially because earlier I posted a video of a woman who was driving drunk with her daughter and a (I do believe that it was loaded too) gun in the backseat with her and left her completely traumatized by the situation.

I told my fiancee that (obviously without the child's knowledge) she be shot and the child should be placed in a loving and caring home not with a pure monster like her.

I was just talking about this with my fiancee and I really think that there should be. Child abuse immediately comes to mind. Especially because earlier I posted a video of a woman who was driving drunk with her daughter and a (I do believe that it was loaded too) gun in the backseat with her and left her completely traumatized by the situation.

I told my fiancee that (obviously without the child's knowledge) she be shot and the child should be placed in a loving and caring home not with a pure monster like her.
You're not to be taken seriously, but let's suppose you are serious. This would then be a legitimate question on how far Americans would take a proposal of vigilante justice to satisfy a political agenda.

It's extremism that borders on fascist ideology.

• Banned
You're not to be taken seriously, but let's suppose you are serious. This would then be a legitimate question on how far Americans would take a proposal of vigilante justice to satisfy a political agenda.

It's extremism that borders on fascist ideology.

Actually I'm dead serious and obviously there would still be laws in place for when you can't use them, just more instances when you can.

^^ crazy

i-started-blasting-so-anyway-i-started-blasting.gif

Actually I'm dead serious and obviously there would still be laws in place for when you can't use them, just more instances when you can.
So you're dead serious? I think you might be at least until you've given the idea some logical thought.
America isn't ready for vigilante justice but could make it an issue for the political divide.

Then if could be at least put to a test.

I do not see the justification for shooting the mother. Nobody was shot, right? No violence? The mom ought to face charges of child endangerment or such like, but not the death penalty.

• Banned
The mom ought to face charges of child endangerment or such like, but not the death penalty.

Sorry but I disagree with you. Her daughter's life was in danger. If she just went to prison she could out again and still harm her even if told not to get anywhere near her. The only sure way she wouldn't is if she got the death penalty. Sad for the child yes, but best for the child? Also yes.

Sorry but I disagree with you. Her daughter's life was in danger. If she just went to prison she could out again and still harm her even if told not to get anywhere near her. The only sure way she wouldn't is if she got the death penalty. Sad for the child yes, but best for the child? Also yes.

I don't think it's right to execute somebody for a crime they have not committed. Sure, remove the child from the home. But I have a problem with society legally taking a life where no one was murdered.

I don't and neither does Florida.

Florida statute also provides the death penalty for capital drug trafficking and discharging or using a destructive device causing death. A provision for capital sexual battery was found unconstitutional in the 2008 U.S. Supreme Court case Kennedy v. Louisiana. No one is on death row in the United States for drug trafficking.

In May 2023, Governor Ron DeSantis signed a bill that allows the death penalty for defendants convicted of child rape. Since the law contradicts the Kennedy v. Louisiana ruling, it will likely be challenged in the courts. In December 2023, prosecutors announced that they would seek the death penalty in the case of a man accused of six counts of sexual assault against a boy under the age of twelve in the first use of the law, but the defendant instead pleaded guilty and received prison time.

I guess sooner or later we'll find out if the death penalty in Florida is constitutional when nobody was murdered. I understand the outrage for child rape though, but in your OP the child was not raped, correct?

I understand the outrage for child rape though, but in your OP the child was not raped, correct?

No, but they were abused and so close to death. If the police hadn't stepped in...

Forum List

Back