Should I Just Change This Forum to Christian Bashing?

Should I just change this forum title to Christian Bashing?

• yes

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 21 75.0%

• Total voters
why bash anyone for their personal beliefs? I mean why? I dont attack anyone until attacked. I dont venture onto christian threads..since I am not one of them...I have zero reason to go to the threads. I do not think an invitiation or avenue to bash any one group is good....i voted no.

Quote! "I dont attack anyone until attacked." Bingo!!!! I feel exactly the same! Thank you, thank you, thank you ... for saying so! :D I voted no, too.

'Twas a joke, Bones - I'll argue with anyone and everyone, but if anyone here ever busts me for bashing anyone for anything other than stupidity, spelling or poor grammar, I'll apologize and admit I fucked up. I too, voted 'no'.

-Joe

no worries joe...been lumped with worse than muslims...no need to apologize....i have a good sense of humor...till the burning begins lol

:eusa_hand:

This is MY pity party. Get your own.:badgrin:

1153851248.jpeg
il_430xN.28952973.jpg

Aren't Christians forwarned in the bible that they'll be subject to ridicule by smarmy nonbelievers? I pretty sure it specifically says "smarmy."

I agree that the hate gets tiring, and I do wish people wouldn't just throw out snotty contempt-filled posts with no solid information or interesting reasoning, but really I think that most of the time opposing positions do end up being well-discussed. The degeneration of threads into personal insult fights is disgusting but not universal, and as prone to happen in other forums as in this one. Plus, it's a natural process of decay; it's nasty to witness or wade through but produces fertilizer for vigorous future debate.

I voted "no."

Who are the Christians bashing this time?

Liberals?

Homos?

Free thinkers?

Constitutionalists?

Anyway, I voted no. I don't think Christians need a dedicated forum to spew decidedly unChristian hate. Especially when they can simply use the hate forum. However, I wouldn't mind a separate philosophy forum.

I also voted no. Most of the people that like to do the bashing on here are people like the Ass and Always a Bimbo. They are of the idea that if you're not a Christian who only believes the NT, then you are a godless liberal and you need to be saved. That statement is usually followed by telling you that you're going to hell and that you cannot be saved, because your ideas of a Higher Power or God are wrong.

Kitten Koder is a pagan, and I think Jillian is Jewish. Those 2 people have been in here, and have actually carried on decent discussions until someone like Always A Bimbo or Ass Chucker comes in and starts to tell them why their version of spirituality is wrong.

Incidentally, I'd also be willing to believe that those 2, along with the other fanatics that believe as they do are the ones that complain the loudest to the mods about all the "Christian bashing".

Interestingly enough, the others who are pagan, Jewish, etc, generally don't complain all that much. I've really enjoyed discussing spirituality with people like Kitten and Jillian, as they are decent enough to not get their panties in a wad when someone presents a differing view.

Nope.....leave the forum as it is. Hopefully some of these narrow minded believers will actually learn something.

No matter how much they want to convince you Gunny, there is far less bashing of Christians, than there is Christians bashing others.

No matter how much they want to convince you Gunny, there is far less bashing of Christians, than there is Christians bashing others.

actually recovering Christians are as bad as ex-smokers, in fact i'm surprised they haven't made 2nd hand Christianity an issue yet....

If that would keep valid political posts like: Partial Birth Abortion Procedures out of here. Yes.

If their objections stem from ethical or religous reasons then this is an appropriate forum for discussion.

i would hate to see any forum set up just to bash someone?

to me, it always boils down to this...christians want to convert people..most religions are not as forceful in the conversions of others..pagans dont witness...i dont think jews do either. I think that is the one think that really gets the bashing started..when christians try to convert others to their ways, then become offended when they are told no. Christians seem unable to accept that others are perfectly content in their beliefs and do not want the christian view of god. right off hand i can only think of 3 religions that try to convert as much as christians....jw's and mormons. I guess, I would have to included islamics as the 4th. I do not know much about their beliefs but the convert or die thing is kinda clear.

I still vote no. I do not want to see any forum for the express purpose of bashing anyone for anything. We have the flame zone but that is mostly for the fuck offs...of which i am one...who want to play in manie's sandbox. I would hate to see a pagan bashing thread or a jewish bashing thread....its just not right.

1153851248.jpeg
il_430xN.28952973.jpg

Aren't Christians forwarned in the bible that they'll be subject to ridicule by smarmy nonbelievers? I pretty sure it specifically says "smarmy."

Yes, it does say "smarmy"

It's a word taken from that little known Parable of the Smarmitarian found in the apocrypha book of editec:

And it came to pass that a traveling pilgrim cameth into the lands of Smarmataria.

He knocketh onto the door of a Smarmataian, saying: " I am a stranger in a strange land and I seeketh shelter from the storm"

Now the Smarmatarian was full of guile not seem since Genesis 3-5. And he sayeth onto him: "Ye may take shelter with me, but thee must not touch my daughters"

And the Pilgrim's heart was full of joy. "But what of my donkey?" he asked

"Suiteth thyself", quipped the Smarmatarian, "She's thy donkey"

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del
i would hate to see any forum set up just to bash someone?

to me, it always boils down to this...christians want to convert people..most religions are not as forceful in the conversions of others..pagans dont witness...i dont think jews do either. I think that is the one think that really gets the bashing started..when christians try to convert others to their ways, then become offended when they are told no. Christians seem unable to accept that others are perfectly content in their beliefs and do not want the christian view of god. right off hand i can only think of 3 religions that try to convert as much as christians....jw's and mormons. I guess, I would have to included islamics as the 4th. I do not know much about their beliefs but the convert or die thing is kinda clear.

I still vote no. I do not want to see any forum for the express purpose of bashing anyone for anything. We have the flame zone but that is mostly for the fuck offs...of which i am one...who want to play in manie's sandbox. I would hate to see a pagan bashing thread or a jewish bashing thread....its just not right.

Mormons and Jehovah Witness are Christians.

I did want to vote for Obama untill I found out what I did. For 20 years Obama set in Rev. Wright's church and listened to him preach hate for America, White and Jews. Obama never stood up and said, my mother is white she loved me and took care of me, my grandmother is white she loves me and took care of me, I am a Senator I cannot allow you to talk like that against America because I promised to defend America against all enemies foriegn and domestic, and most of all he should have stood up and said this is the house of the Lord why are you talking hate. Obama set there and let Rev. Wright do this for 20 years and said nothing. He only left that church when it was viewed bad by voters. He allowed the house of the lord to be used to preach hate and this shows his lack of respect for the GOD, and his mother and grandparents.

Mormons and Jehovah Witness are Christians.

Depends in my book. The Mormon based church of Warren Jeffs doesn't really qualify as "christianity" in my book. To me, it's more of a cult.

Which incidentally, is what happens when a "spiritual leader" starts to cherry pick things out of the Bible, and then tries to convince others that they're right. Waco, Jonestown, are just a few of the others.

Nope.....just because you use a Bible to fortify your views, doesn't make you a "Christian".

Depends in my book. The Mormon based church of Warren Jeffs doesn't really qualify as "christianity" in my book. To me, it's more of a cult.

Which incidentally, is what happens when a "spiritual leader" starts to cherry pick things out of the Bible, and then tries to convince others that they're right. Waco, Jonestown, are just a few of the others.

Nope.....just because you use a Bible to fortify your views, doesn't make you a "Christian".

He is NOT the Mormon Church. They are a small group that broke from the Church in the 30's because of the marriage and single wife rules of the Church.

Do be so kind as to get it straight. They call themselves the Fundemental Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The real church has no Fundimental in the title and obeys ALL the laws of this Country and has since 1896.

The Mormon church is nearly 200 years old.

Kind of like calling a Protestant a Catholic cause they use the same Bible.

well isn't that why a good christian always needs to feel guilty about something BikeSailor...?

Forum List

Back