Religious People...

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by PackMule, Oct 23, 2008.

1. PackMule

PackMule (ZAN-TI-MOW)

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    SHOULD INSiST ON TAKING RELIGION OUT OF GOVERNMENT!!! "No Prayers before meetings.":eusa_angel:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  2. Gurdari

Gurdari Egaliterra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    No insest please.

Likely religious people would object to hearing prayers to Gods other than their own, or being forced to sit and acknowledge another interpretation of faith (I am making a huge assumption here - but I would be surprised if Muslims, Jews, Christians, Sikhs, etc. could sit and have a government mandated prayer to a God they believe is false).

Atheists just tend to roll their eyes, but really would have the same right to NOT hear those things too.

3. PackMule

PackMule (ZAN-TI-MOW)

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    THANKS --- I Was in a hurry... And I Installed Spell Check!

4. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Yeah Atheists do a lot of that... and what right is this? A right to 'not hear things?'

Can you explain the basis of this right?

(The correct answer is: "No, I can't; because there is no such right as there is no valid moral basis on which to rest such a 'right.'")

5. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    We do have the right to not hear those things. We enforce that right by simply walking away from the situation if we so wish.

Which is how I think everyone else should enforce their rights when it comes to their personal religion. Not dumping it over someones head, and then screaming "hate!" when it doesn't go over as you think it should.

6. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,126
    Will that make you feel all warm and fuzzy and goose bumpy if a prayer was not said before each congressional session?

I was just wondering what you would get out of ''no prayers before meetings''?

:eusa_whistle:

Care

7. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,227
    I was born a christian but sort of doubt all organized religion. I tend to believe no one knows what god is and anyone who thinks they know is believing in a fairytale.

But that's ok, because those people are the people that do good.

Where are the athiest orphanages or soup kitchens and missionaries.

So I guess I just don't like the idea if you don't believe in jesus then you go to hell. That's the one thing I can't accept. That's so man made. No way I buy that. The bible is just a man made story, not facts. But it is a good book.

But still, god bless christians for doing good work. Who does more?

Also, good christians should be anti war for profit.

8. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    How can you not like the idea of something if you don't believe it exists? My take on death? Worm food, if you don't have a sturdy enough coffin.

9. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,227
    It's a way to scare people into saying you believe. I don't like it because i've heard the story and still have doubts. Maybe i'm going to hell for it. Maybe i'm wrong. See? It's working. Maybe I should just buy the whole story as literal and fact because the man says its so. I know even jews admit to jesus and the story, but look today how thews work with us against the muslims. It even made liebermann change alliegance.

Anyways, I'm only human. Who am I to judge or doubt what billions of people believe?

But then I realize there are just as many muslims as there are christians and they are just as sure as christians.

I sort of still consider myself a christian. Jesus sounded like the real thing. If the stories are true. And my god doesn't send people to hell for having doubt, so long as they get the real messages in the bible. I suspect most christians don't agree 100 percent on everything in the bible, so i'm a frindge christian. I go to church but I have my own take on it.

10. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    buzzards gotta eat too.