Should gangbangers have civil liberties too?

You have no idea what I think. I could easily say that is your attitude toward drugs from reading your comments on this thread.

I have no desire to see the second amendment overthrown. I also have no desire to see the continued idiocy of making addicts into criminals.

What say you?

His attitude towards drugs is seeing peoples lives being torn apart by identy theft because people want their drugs. Drugs being legal STILL means one would have to pay for drugs. And what part of people who do drugs are better workers, research have you done? Because I would LOOOOOOVE to see those stats!

I guess until you get car jacked, robbed, assulted, or had your identy stolen ( which could take years to fix and then, maybe, it wont be truly over) you will NEVER understand.

All kids are naturally active or should be, but hyperactivity is most often caused by what we eat and food allergies and allergic reactions to the crap additives allowed by the FDA that are poisoning EVERYBODY!!!!!!!

Actually, I didn't have that much sugar growing up and I was hyperactive. If I was a kid today, I'm sure everyone would be recommending Ritalin for me.

uh.. people steel lots of shit.

do I really need to drive this point home?

Your claim was that making alcohol legal has been benificial and that dopers like yourself should be allowed the same.

Tell me...Do dopers have great work histories and have they been proven to be far better workers than people who dont do illegal drugs?

given that the last two presidents of the united states of america are what you would call "dopers" why dont you tell me.

given that the last two presidents of the united states of america are what you would call "dopers" why dont you tell me.

They both dont fit the classification of dopers. That being said I dont think either one did a very good job. If you had read my pov about Bush in your NAFTA thread you would have seen that.

well.. then go tell the ghost of george washington how unmotivated and worthless to society dopers are

George Washington's whiskey distillery rebuilt; first president also grew hemp at Mount Vernon

George Washington was in the news recently. No, he's not back to lead our country militarily, politically and morally, though we could use him now.

It was the official dedication of an accurate replica of Washington's whiskey distillery at Mount Vernon that made news.

After a five-year archeological effort, and using the 1797 plans for the distillery, Washington's whiskey-making operation was rebuilt on the exact location of the original, using the same kind of equipment and technology that the father of our country used.

In addition to making whiskey and farming different crops on his Mount Vernon acreage, Washington also grew hemp (cannabis), like many people of his time.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/14731

:cool:

well.. then go tell the ghost of george washington how unmotivated and worthless to society dopers are

George Washington's whiskey distillery rebuilt; first president also grew hemp at Mount Vernon

George Washington was in the news recently. No, he's not back to lead our country militarily, politically and morally, though we could use him now.

It was the official dedication of an accurate replica of Washington's whiskey distillery at Mount Vernon that made news.

After a five-year archeological effort, and using the 1797 plans for the distillery, Washington's whiskey-making operation was rebuilt on the exact location of the original, using the same kind of equipment and technology that the father of our country used.

In addition to making whiskey and farming different crops on his Mount Vernon acreage, Washington also grew hemp (cannabis), like many people of his time.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/14731

Which he used to make rope not smoke. But do pretend otherwise.

HA!

yea.. a man who distilled his own fucking whiskey probably DIDNT go smoke the pot he had growing out in the back field!

:rofl:

"What was done with the seed saved from the India Hemp last summer? It ought, all of it, to have been sewn again; that not only a stock of seed sufficient for my own purposes might have been raised, but to have disseminated the seed to others; as it is more valuable than the common Hemp," Washington wrote.

george_poster_big.jpg

hemp2.jpg

HA!

yea.. a man who distilled his own fucking whiskey probably DIDNT go smoke the pot he had growing out in the back field!

"What was done with the seed saved from the India Hemp last summer? It ought, all of it, to have been sewn again; that not only a stock of seed sufficient for my own purposes might have been raised, but to have disseminated the seed to others; as it is more valuable than the common Hemp," Washington wrote.

That is NOT saying he smoked it. He used it because it makes some damn good rope.

Have you read ANY of his journals? He never mentions smoking weed.

In fact many researchers believe that many of our founding fathers smoked weed. They say they "think it is true" so there for it must be true.

Yeah.....That's pretty scientific...

He never mentions wiping his ass after his yearly thankgiving shit either. I guess im assuming that things of this nature may not be of the necessary caliber to make George Washington's journals with, you know, a revolucion going on and nations being built. You know, things of that nature. I'm also assuming the man lived a life and had preferences outside of your canonized mythos legend of the man. Including making his own alcohol and partaking of the ganj.

His attitude towards drugs is seeing peoples lives being torn apart by identy theft because people want their drugs. Drugs being legal STILL means one would have to pay for drugs. And what part of people who do drugs are better workers, research have you done? Because I would LOOOOOOVE to see those stats!

I guess until you get car jacked, robbed, assulted, or had your identy stolen ( which could take years to fix and then, maybe, it wont be truly over) you will NEVER understand.

All the crimes you listed are illegal already.

Which he used to make rope not smoke. But do pretend otherwise.

You are quite wrong on this one sarge....................between him and Thomas Jefferson they we were the first to segregate the male plants from the female plants.................which creates sinsemia (seedless) which is only desirable when smoking the stuff...................there is actual recorded record of this............I'll try to find it!:eusa_whistle:

They both dont fit the classification of dopers. That being said I dont think either one did a very good job. If you had read my pov about Bush in your NAFTA thread you would have seen that.

DOPERS, nah wet Willie didn't inhale remember...................he just did it as the social fraud that he is...................and George is just a dope add coke and booze and you have something else entirely.................:eusa_drool: :eusa_whistle:

Actually, I didn't have that much sugar growing up and I was hyperactive. If I was a kid today, I'm sure everyone would be recommending Ritalin for me.

I agree, I was recommended as ADHD when I was a kid, but I wasn't. I was unfortunate to have a teachers that thought so. Thankfully, my mother refused to put me on it.

The problem we have today, is alot of parents (and some teachers--not all or the majority) don't want to deal with their kids. The parents view the school as a day-care and not a facility for edcuation.

I agree, I was recommended as ADHD when I was a kid, but I wasn't. I was unfortunate to have a teachers that thought so. Thankfully, my mother refused to put me on it.

The problem we have today, is alot of parents (and some teachers--not all or the majority) don't want to deal with their kids. The parents view the school as a day-care and not a facility for edcuation.

Exactly! And when the school calls to tell them about their precious, they don't want to hear it. So the school whistles up the counselor who "diagnoses" ADHD and slaps them on some pills.

Exactly! And when the school calls to tell them about their precious, they don't want to hear it. So the school whistles up the counselor who "diagnoses" ADHD and slaps them on some pills.

Well I'm not sure where you're from, but the conselor (in my state, district) cannot diagnose anyone with anything, this may very from state to state though. There is a very strict procedure regarding diagnosis of ADHD that doesn't involve direct diagnosis from teachers or staff. What happens is that if any belief that a child may be ADHD, careful observation by the teacher must be documented for a credible length of time (ensuring that the teacher has tried numerous methods to "control" the student). The teacher must then make recommendation to the higher authority (whoever that may be in the school). As far as it goes from there, the parents have to take the kids on their own to see a doctor. THe doctors are the one's who diagnose ADHD and ADD. If the doctor does not believe that the kid actually has, he/she won't *shouldn't* diagnose a student and perscribe drugs.
Teachers do have the power to set things in motion for testing (but their "power" is limited; it still goes back to the parents ultimately. They have to consent. I beleive in the past, it was much easier to just slap a diagnosis on kids and drug them, but recently they've made alot of head-way in the field and have learned to recognize more symptoms than just a hyper-active kids. I can look at some kids and just tell that they're ADHD. Just a few minutes with them and it's evident. Not only are they hyper (which isn't a determining factor) but they're "all over the place" with their mind. They can't focus, and their eyes dart all over the place. I have a cousin who is truly ADHD, and he can't even look at a camera while you're taking a picture. He can't even focus long enough to take a picture.

I believe that teachers do hold a great deal of responsibility, but a big piece of the pie comes from the parents. The problem I see today, is that parents teach their kids (with ADHD) that it's ok because they have a problem. So we see kids in school using that excuse to get away with stuff and not do their work. "Well, it's ok cause I have ADHD." ---they'll say.

It really is going to take serious work by all parties involved to fix this "epidemic."

Here it depends on the counselor. Some schools have counselors who can prescribe stuff, some don't. Depends on who wants to pay their counselors more money.

Forum List

Back