Should gangbangers have civil liberties too?

Yes they are. What part of THEY WOULD STILL BE DONE EVEN IF DOPE WAS LEGALIZED dont you get?

So what is your point?

Gangs for one wouldn't have as much to fight about. Prison population would go way down, spending taxpayer's money to arrest and convict and imprison addicts or pot heads would be eliminated.

So what is your point?

Gangs for one wouldn't have as much to fight about. Prison population would go way down, spending taxpayer's money to arrest and convict and imprison addicts or pot heads would be eliminated.

Simple fact. Legalization of most drugs is consistent with a true conservative, small government ideal. Nobody can reasonably refute this. It's just that it is not consistent with the alleged moral superiority of a large chunk of the republican base.

Edit: This is why it's a great issue to help identify true conservatives vs. partisan republicans on a messageboard.

Here it depends on the counselor. Some schools have counselors who can prescribe stuff, some don't. Depends on who wants to pay their counselors more money.

Ah...I see. THat's weird. Here it has to be a doctor that diagnoses or prescribe anything, the teacher just has the power of suggesting a problem. That might me something to look into before choosing a school. (if you have that luxury).

So what is your point?

I'm not quite sure about that. We've got corporate giants that compete to sell products. Gangmembers are criminals and will kill to sell/buy products, legalizing it will put more on the market, and cause more competition between gangs---in my opinion. Once you have it on the market, then the competition comes from lowering prices, so people will still want to get it on the streets for cheap, and you'll still have gang warfare over it IMO.

I'm not quite sure about that. We've got corporate giants that compete to sell products. Gangmembers are criminals and will kill to sell/buy products, legalizing it will put more on the market, and cause more competition between gangs---in my opinion. Once you have it on the market, then the competition comes from lowering prices, so people will still want to get it on the streets for cheap, and you'll still have gang warfare over it IMO.

Doubtful. Doesn't work that way with alcohol which is really just another drug.

Doubtful. Doesn't work that way with alcohol which is really just another drug.

Exactly. Legalize it, regulate it, and tax it. Gangs would get removed from the equation just like bootleggers and organized crime that flourished during prohibition.

Exactly. Legalize it, regulate it, and tax it. Gangs would get removed from the equation just like bootleggers and organized crime that flourished during prohibition.

Joseph Kennedy went from being a bootlegger to one of the richest men in MA ater liquor became legal again. Those organizations involved in the drug trade are not going to simply fold up their tents and steal away because it was made legal. They'll stay in business as well.

Joseph Kennedy went from being a bootlegger to one of the richest men in MA ater liquor became legal again. Those organizations involved in the drug trade are not going to simply fold up their tents and steal away because it was made legal. They'll stay in business as well.

One or two perhaps.

But you do realize that Joe Kennedy was only one bootlegger of thousands right? I can live with the threat that a small handful of druglords might possess the necessary business acumen to compete in a legal market.

One or two perhaps.

But you do realize that Joe Kennedy was only one bootlegger of thousands right? I can live with the threat that a small handful of druglords might possess the necessary business acumen to compete in a legal market.

But would we (in the south) have to worry about drug-lords competeing for business??? Just like today?

I don't believe that legalizing drugs will do anything to curb gang-violence. People are going to still want to make money off of it. Hence, the black market. I feel that it will increase competition between gangs who try compete to sell more at lower prices. Same as right now.

One or two perhaps.

The problem is, how are they going to decide which drug dealers stay in business? If they do it the way they're used to, going to be a lot of shootings. I don't seem them getting away from what they really are, thugs. So the violence will still be there.

Bill bars gangs from 'safety zones'

I think freedom to associate likely supercedes this law, but in cases of conditions of probation or parole, a convicted felon can be forbidden to associate with other felons.

Perhaps if we chipped felons?????

I think freedom to associate likely supercedes this law, but in cases of conditions of probation or parole, a convicted felon can be forbidden to associate with other felons.

Perhaps if we chipped felons?????

Sounds like a plan to me, especially sex offenders.

So, if it becomes legal Manny the dope dealer is going to quietly fold up his tent and go home? Don't think so, he'll go legit. Problem is, he's still the same thug that he was before, he's just not having to hide as much. So, someone crosses him, he'll use the same methods as before to correct the problem (kill them) we just won't be able to arrest him for dealing as well.

He'll go legit? How? Illegal drugs are extremely expensive, if you legalize them you make them significantly cheaper. How do the drug dealers compete with that?

He'll go legit? How? Illegal drugs are extremely expensive, if you legalize them you make them significantly cheaper. How do the drug dealers compete with that?

He's already got the source for the drugs. He's already got the organization to distribute the drugs and he's already used to making money off drugs. I don't think he's going to just walk away. He'll make some adjustments and then kill or intimidate the people who get in his way.

Your claim was that making alcohol legal has been benificial and that dopers like yourself should be allowed the same.

Tell me...Do dopers have great work histories and have they been proven to be far better workers than people who dont do illegal drugs?

Coke is a terribly productive drug.

Forum List

Back