Confirmed: Fraudulent Polygamy Cult Tipster is Barack Obama Delegate

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by ScreamingEagle, Apr 23, 2008.

1. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    April 23, 2008

Confirmed: Rozita Swinton, the woman implicated as the hoaxter who placed a fraudulent phone call which led to the roundup of hundreds of children from the Texas polygamy cult ranch, is a Barack Obama delegate to the Colorado state Democratic convention.

Stacey McCain digs this up:

After the El Paso County Democratic caucuses and convention, she was named one of the 360 delegates to the state convention at the World Arena on May 17, chosen to support Barack Obama.

She's also reported as being politically active, but relatively unknown. Earlier reports said that when Texas Rangers and Colorado State Police searched her home, they found tons of information on the FLDS cult. Apparently, she made the whole story of poor "Sarah" the abused child-bride of a 50 year old man out of sensationalist reports that she had read from anti-cult groups.

Most of those in the comments still defending the raid seem to focus on the allegation that "girls as young as 13 are married and pregnant". One of the FLDS lawyers I keep seeing on TV says that this is patently false, and the claime made by the state is not that there are "13 year olds" but a single allegation that one 13 year old was pregnant 10 years ago.

If that is true would it change your perception that there is some justification for tearing hundreds of kids away from their families based on a search warrant executed on false grounds?

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/192424.php

2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,010
    Of course it won't. This religious group is hated and it is perfectly fine to violate their rights anytime the State choses for any reason. I have already pointed out numerous times the charges are bullshit and that few if any of the over 400 children seized were even in any danger IF the charges were in fact true.

I mean come on the excuse used to keep the boys was that they were being taught to be abusers. No proof, no evidence, nothing, but it sure makes for a good sound bite doesn't it? Further a charge was made the girls have no choice in the matter, also clearly refuted since day one. But it too makes for a good sound bite.

3. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,879
    Really? So the FLDS leader is in prison for nothing?

4. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,010
    Which has exactly WHAT to do with the raid in Texas? I guess we better shut down EVER catholic Church because they all have priest in them and some were caught molesting boys.

5. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,879
    I wouldn't have objected to that.

This is the guy's own, personal compound. Last time I checked, priests didn't have a compound full of underage boys at their beck and call 24/7.

6. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    Yeah, it is pretty scary how the government is beginning to yank away peoples' children...

Also, if there was any real proof or evidence you would think that somebody would have been arrested by now. Instead, they've allowed the men (and some of the women) to run away out of state. Why didn't they impound them as well as the children??

7. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,010
    Sure they did, how many Catholic schools are out there and how many have live in students, how many Priests are allowed to visit young children in their home with out the parents present.

Further I suggest you reread the Story, Jeffs did not have a family there. He moved what he felt were very religious families there, And last I checked he hasn't been there in at least what? 2 maybe 3 years?

Further if the truth is that a single girl was 13 10 YEARS ago and had a baby, where exactly was she? I doubt in Texas, what laws applied in the State she was in when she gave birth? You are aware some states still do or did have laws allowing marriage that young. Hell till 2005 Texas had it at 14. 10 Years ago means the State of Texas has no case. None of these people LIVED in Texas 10 years ago.

8. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,010
    Because they have no case. They are abusing their authority through a system that is already abusive, KNOWING they will get away with it.

9. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,879
    Not living in the same house.

It's different, though you can't see it because you're too busy sticking up for them.

10. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,010
    You are to busy selling away your rights. Believe me they will do this again and it will get closer and closer to you. And they will have this as an example to say, "see it is legal".