Should food handlers be required to wash their hands?

Let me ask you a question. Do you want your government to care for you in every aspect of your life? Do you want a mommy? Is that what this is all about? Liberals need to have a mommy? :)

Why don't you answer this question......Do you want restaurants to not demand their employees wash their hands? Do you want restaurants to have free range and serve you hair in your meals with no one to answer to? Do you want credit card companies to rip you and raise your interest rate whenever they feel like it? Because it seems that Republicans/conservatives are so subservient to companies/corporations that they agree they shouldn't pay taxes and shouldn't be regulated. Are conservatives that stupid?

No. Like I said, at least three times now, I have no problems with the way my state handles things in regards to restaurants.

Let me ask you a question. Do you want your government to care for you in every aspect of your life? Do you want a mommy? Is that what this is all about? Liberals need to have a mommy? :)

Why don't you answer this question......Do you want restaurants to not demand their employees wash their hands? Do you want restaurants to have free range and serve you hair in your meals with no one to answer to? Do you want credit card companies to rip you and raise your interest rate whenever they feel like it? Because it seems that Republicans/conservatives are so subservient to companies/corporations that they agree they shouldn't pay taxes and shouldn't be regulated. Are conservatives that stupid?

No. Like I said, at least three times now, I have no problems with the way my state handles things in regards to restaurants.

Well, you do know that all 50 states respond to the USDA Food Code in regards to food safety (which includes hand-washing for food handling), right? And, you were defending Tillis, so, you would be okay with the restaurants you frequent if they decided to change the regulations and not require their food handlers to wash their hands, right? So, if your state decided it was unnecessary for restaurants to mandate their employees wash their hands you would be fine with it, right?

Oh, and you didn't answer in regards to credit card companies.....they are not run by your state, by the way.

I was defending him by showing that he was using the handwashing as an EXAMPLE of how the government involves itself in issues.
Well, if the government, who is responsible for the safety of citizens doesn't involve itself, who do you think will.

I never ever stated that I thought states should not be involved in regulating the restaurant business. How many MORE times do I have to say this? How many?
And nobody said you did, but states are not on their own. If they were, we would have some states that wouldn't care how businessmen ran their restaurants.....politicians like Tillis is a good example of that. He thinks government shouldn't require hand-washing of food handlers.

Your statement about the state deciding blah, blah, blah, is too ridiculous to even acknowledge.
What you meant to say is that you didn't understand it, don't have a response and have made some lame excuse that it is too ridiculous to acknowledge. Why do you even get into these debates if you don't know what you are talking about and all you do is offer up your lame opinions which you can't back up with facts.

The states ARE on their own according to the constitution. Sorry but you are wrong. The constitution allows the federal government very LIMITED powers, and that was done on purpose. That is one of the reasons why we are United STATES of America. States are supposed to have MORE power than the federal government.

http://sparkcharts.sparknotes.com/history/usgovernment/section2.php

About your silly question, it is silly. The states are NOT going to ever do that. Lol.

State, tribal and local governments
The state governments tend to have the greatest influence over most Americans' daily lives. The Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution prohibits the federal government from exercising any power not delegated to it by the States in the Constitution; as a result, states handle the majority of issues most relevant to individuals within their jurisdiction. Because state governments are not authorized to print currency, they generally have to raise revenue through either taxes or bonds. As a result, state governments tend to impose severe budget cuts at any time the economy is faltering, which are strongly felt by the public for which they are responsible.[15]

Each state has its own written constitution, government and code of laws. The Constitution stipulates only that each state must have, "a Republican Government". Therefore, there are often great differences in law and procedure between individual states, concerning issues such as property, crime, health and education, amongst others. The highest elected official of each state is the Governor. Each state also has an elected state legislature (bicameralism is a feature of every state except Nebraska), whose members represent the voters of the state. Each state maintains its own state court system. In some states, supreme and lower court justices are elected by the people; in others, they are appointed, as they are in the federal system.

Well, you do know that all 50 states respond to the USDA Food Code in regards to food safety (which includes hand-washing for food handling), right? And, you were defending Tillis, so, you would be okay with the restaurants you frequent if they decided to change the regulations and not require their food handlers to wash their hands, right? So, if your state decided it was unnecessary for restaurants to mandate their employees wash their hands you would be fine with it, right?

Oh, and you didn't answer in regards to credit card companies.....they are not run by your state, by the way.

I was defending him by showing that he was using the handwashing as an EXAMPLE of how the government involves itself in issues.
Well, if the government, who is responsible for the safety of citizens doesn't involve itself, who do you think will.

I never ever stated that I thought states should not be involved in regulating the restaurant business. How many MORE times do I have to say this? How many?
And nobody said you did, but states are not on their own. If they were, we would have some states that wouldn't care how businessmen ran their restaurants.....politicians like Tillis is a good example of that. He thinks government shouldn't require hand-washing of food handlers.

Your statement about the state deciding blah, blah, blah, is too ridiculous to even acknowledge.
What you meant to say is that you didn't understand it, don't have a response and have made some lame excuse that it is too ridiculous to acknowledge. Why do you even get into these debates if you don't know what you are talking about and all you do is offer up your lame opinions which you can't back up with facts.

The states ARE on their own according to the constitution.
Where in the hell did you get that notion?
In addition to the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA's) requirements, your food business is likely to be subject to other federal, state, and local requirements. These may vary depending on the type of facility you operate. You may want to discuss your specific product and facility with the FDA District Office and state and local regulatory agencies that have jurisdiction. These discussions will help you identify what you need to do before starting a food business and after it is in operation.
Overview of Requirements for a Food Business

Sorry but you are wrong. The constitution allows the federal government very LIMITED powers, and that was done on purpose. That is one of the reasons why we are United STATES of America. States are supposed to have MORE power than the federal government.

Perhaps this is why you shouldn't be discussing things you obviously don't know nothing about.
From your own link:

“Supreme law of the land”: the Constitution and federal laws take precedence over state laws (Art. 6)

About your silly question, it is silly. The states are NOT going to ever do that. Lol.
I don't know what "silly" question you are referring to, but if all you have to gone on is that it is your opinion that "states are not going to ever do that" - whatever that is, then you are basically relying on "hope" because you never know what states are capable of doing. However, states cannot do something that the Constitution is against, no matter what state you are talking about.

A tea party Senator from North Carolina says no. Is he an average bagger of tea or is he dumber than the rest of them?
Thom Tillis questions food workers mandate to wash hands. Legitimate or gross - Yahoo News
Horseshit. The Senator isn't against washing hands, he questions the need for government to get involved with something that is the responsibility of everyone to do. Just like seat beat laws are wrong and the government enforces it...mainly for an income stream.

The state governments tend to have the greatest influence over most Americans' daily lives. The Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution prohibits the federal government from exercising any power not delegated to it by the States in the Constitution; as a result, states handle the majority of issues most relevant to individuals within their jurisdiction. Because state governments are not authorized to print currency, they generally have to raise revenue through either taxes or bonds. As a result, state governments tend to impose severe budget cuts at any time the economy is faltering, which are strongly felt by the public for which they are responsible.[15]

Each state has its own written constitution, government and code of laws. The Constitution stipulates only that each state must have, "a Republican Government". Therefore, there are often great differences in law and procedure between individual states, concerning issues such as property, crime, health and education, amongst others. The highest elected official of each state is the Governor. Each state also has an elected state legislature (bicameralism is a feature of every state except Nebraska), whose members represent the voters of the state. Each state maintains its own state court system. In some states, supreme and lower court justices are elected by the people; in others, they are appointed, as they are in the federal system.

From your previous link:

“Supreme law of the land”: the Constitution and federal laws take precedence over state laws (Art. 6)

In addition to the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA's) requirements, your food business is likely to be subject to other federal, state, and local requirements. These may vary depending on the type of facility you operate. You may want to discuss your specific product and facility with the FDA District Office and state and local regulatory agencies that have jurisdiction. These discussions will help you identify what you need to do before starting a food business and after it is in operation.

Sorry but you are wrong. The constitution allows the federal government very LIMITED powers, and that was done on purpose. That is one of the reasons why we are United STATES of America. States are supposed to have MORE power than the federal government.

Perhaps this is why you shouldn't be discussing things you obviously don't know nothing about.
From your own link:

I don't know what "silly" question you are referring to, but if all you have to gone on is that it is your opinion that "states are not going to ever do that" - whatever that is, then you are basically relying on "hope" because you never know what states are capable of doing. However, states cannot do something that the Constitution is against, no matter what state you are talking about.

You miss the point entirely. The feds have overstepped their boundaries and have been for quite some time. They do this to create people like yourself. People who become dependent upon them. A lot of the things the federal government is involved in, it really doesn't have any business being involved in because a lot of those things were meant to be state rights, but the feds like to trample over the states. I think pretty much everyone knows that.

From your previous link:

Mmm hmmm. That should be within their jurisdiction. They don't stay within their jurisdiction unfortunately, and they like to bully states. That's a fact.

This is WHY so many people don't like the federal government. It's pretty simple.

Also, an example of the federal government REFUSING to do it's job in Arizona, and then had the nerve to sue the state that tried to handle the problem. Ridiculous. Thankfully not ALL of the Arizona illegal immigrant bill was revoked and lot of it remains in place.

ONE of the federal government's JOBS is to protect us from foreign invaders. Illegal immigrants are foreign invaders.

If you just think about the mindset of the founding fathers, having just gained independence from England, they did not want a large centralized form of government. They wanted the states to have the right to make most of their own laws. I would think that includes regulating their businesses within their respective states. Just because the federal government has been running over state rights, that doesn't mean that's what the founders originally intended, and common sense would tell you that it isn't at all what they would have wanted. That is why they limited federal governmental powers. Unfortunately, there are loop holes and all kinds of shady ways the feds get around things. They don't respect the Constitution. They want to be a central controlling power over we the people. I don't trust them at ALL.

And they use every tragedy and situation to their advantage to pull rank and try to give themselves MORE power.

From your previous link:

Mmm hmmm. That should be within their jurisdiction. They don't stay within their jurisdiction unfortunately, and they like to bully states. That's a fact.

States can pretty much make up their own rules on a lot of things, but if it is covered in the Constitution, and there is a Federal agency for it, it's pretty much the Federal Government that takes precedence.

Up next, we find that a provision in the Obamacare laws allocating federal funds for government ass wipers. Liberals cheer as the government nanny state not only raises you from the crib and buries you in a grave but now has its hand up your ass too.

From your previous link:

States can pretty much make up their own rules on a lot of things, but if it is covered in the Constitution, and there is a Federal agency for it, it's pretty much the Federal Government that takes precedence.

I know that, but it still doesn't mean that is how it was intended to be by the founders of the country. I really don't think they wanted the federal government to have as much power as it has today.

Tipsycatlover

You're not just a drunk. You're also an idiot.

Here's a choice for you. You can watch the video at the Washington Post or, if you prefer, watch it on c-span.

Senator says restaurant employees shouldn 8217 t be required to wash their hands - The Washington Post

Tillis hands Video C-SPAN.org

Ok, I kind of half-way defended the guy yesterday or the day before and said (although I rarely defend a Rightie) that he claims he never said this stuff. Now I see the video and clearly he DID, which now means that Thom Tillis is also a fucking neanderthal liar who is not even smart enough to know that in this day and age of everything being videoed, he can't deny it.

This is just too rich.
I am a Southerner.

When I piss in a public place, I kick the door open, and pee, and then go to my truck and use hand sanitizer.

I don't touch any thing in a public RR but my dick.

It is clean, and I know where it has been, and my momma taught me not to piss on my hands.

I cannot imagine the germs you would pick up washing your hands in a public rest room.

Of course, I am a bit OCD and carry little antibacterial hand wipes with me.

Yuck.......I hope you don't handle food for others and I'd hate to shake your hand.
Germ wipes are sealed.

God knows what is on the faucets, soap dispenser, paper towels and door handles of a public rest room.

Sanitizers and germ wipes are probably okay, but they don't do as good a job as soap and water.......but we are talking here about people who don't wash their hands after using a bathroom. If everyone washed their hands when they use the bathroom the door knobs wouldn't be a problem. I always use the hand towel that I dry my hands with to open the door, and if they only have air dryers, I use the edge of my sweater or coat to handle the door knob, and only because of people like you, who don't wash their hands until they are in their truck after handling the door knob.
I don't touch the fuckin' doorknob dickhead, that is what I am saying.

And 90%+ of the time I have the wipes in my billfold.

The pack is no bigger than a magnum condom pack.

Obama having been raised as a Muslim is use to washing his hands before taking a shit or piss. These people never was their hands afterwards.

A tea party Senator from North Carolina says no. Is he an average bagger of tea or is he dumber than the rest of them?
Thom Tillis questions food workers mandate to wash hands. Legitimate or gross - Yahoo News
Horseshit. The Senator isn't against washing hands, he questions the need for government to get involved with something that is the responsibility of everyone to do. Just like seat beat laws are wrong and the government enforces it...mainly for an income stream.
Religious seat belt use saved my son's life.

Think in hindsight it was a GM ignition switch wreck, but we never heard of them back when it happened.

I was just glad he was OK.

From your own link:

You miss the point entirely. The feds have overstepped their boundaries and have been for quite some time.
That's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. States are pretty stupid most of the time. Like Texas, stupid Rick Perry decided to opt out of Medicaid, even though it wasn't going to come out of State funds.....so many poor people in Texas are shit out of luck because they can't afford Obamacare, which is pretty reasonable for most, and now they don't have Medicaid. Perry doesn't give a crap about poor people and neither do most Republican/conservatives.

They do this to create people like yourself. People who become dependent upon them. A lot of the things the federal government is involved in, it really doesn't have any business being involved in because a lot of those things were meant to be state rights, but the feds like to trample over the states. I think pretty much everyone knows that.
Do you always just spew bullshit like that? Where the fuck did you get the idea that I am dependent on the government. And exactly what things are you speaking of that the government is involved that it doesn't have any business being involved in? You seem to spew out talking points that you've heard others talk about, but you never give specifics. I have a feeling you don't really know shit about much and just feel important by saying crap that you can't back up. Unless you're going to explain yourself, you're not worth wasting time on.

From your own link:

You miss the point entirely. The feds have overstepped their boundaries and have been for quite some time.
That's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. States are pretty stupid most of the time. Like Texas, stupid Rick Perry decided to opt out of Medicaid, even though it wasn't going to come out of State funds.....so many poor people in Texas are shit out of luck because they can't afford Obamacare, which is pretty reasonable for most, and now they don't have Medicaid. Perry doesn't give a crap about poor people and neither do most Republican/conservatives.

They do this to create people like yourself. People who become dependent upon them. A lot of the things the federal government is involved in, it really doesn't have any business being involved in because a lot of those things were meant to be state rights, but the feds like to trample over the states. I think pretty much everyone knows that.
Do you always just spew bullshit like that? Where the fuck did you get the idea that I am dependent on the government. And exactly what things are you speaking of that the government is involved that it doesn't have any business being involved in? You seem to spew out talking points that you've heard others talk about, but you never give specifics. I have a feeling you don't really know shit about much and just feel important by saying crap that you can't back up. Unless you're going to explain yourself, you're not worth wasting time on.

Well, you seem to think we need the federal government to tell us to wash our hands, as if state laws are not sufficient and for some reason the federal government laws would be MORE effective. Well, the people that would ignore state laws aren't going to take the federal laws any more seriously.

That is one of the beautiful things about having states take care of their own things, if you aren't happy in the state you are in and don't agree with their laws, you can always move to another state that is more to your liking. :)

Yeah, lol, I don't really think states are "stupid" either. States don't have brains. It's your locally elected politicians! Local elections are actually more important than federal elections because they are going to have a more direct impact on your life.

Yeah, because we know how much companies and corporations are going to care about the welfare of the people. Many people are fucking lazy and dirty. I've seen many a teenager, and adults use the bathrooms in theaters and restaurants and walk out without washing their hands. What makes you think that those working in restaurants are any different and if they are not mandated to do so will do it anyway? Some people are clean and considerate and wouldn't dream of not washing their hands after using the bathroom, but there are way too many who don't give a crap about themselves or others.

As for seat belts, are most of you that ignorant? Seat belts have saved lives and there are facts to prove it. There are still people too stupid to recognize that seat belts are for their protection and not only do they put themselves at risk but they put their children's lives at risk too, because they don't want to be bothered with a government regulation that is meant to help them. We don't need people like Joni Ernst and Sen Tillis, going around spewing their ignorant statements. We want to move forward, not backward, and many conservative politicians seem to want to take us backward! Geez!

Yeah, lol, I don't really think states are "stupid" either. States don't have brains. It's your locally elected politicians! Local elections are actually more important than federal elections because they are going to have a more direct impact on your life.

I'm talking in regards to the politicians that run them.....and most of the red states are run by a bunch of very ignorant people. Fortunately I'm financially not impacted by some of the stupid acts of State politicians, so they don't affect my life much, but I feel for those that are being driven further into poverty.

Forum List

Back