Should food handlers be required to wash their hands?

I have a dishwasher, dear....but you sound like you're used to eating shit.

It hurts when you can't climb the ladder of success, I'm sure.
I'm sure no one here is interested in your problems. Maybe if you go back to school you'll have a better chance at finding a job.

Just remember, wash your hands before you return to work. I don't want to eat off a dish you've contaminated with your feces, if I ever dine in whatever fine establishment has hired you.

I'm sure whatever feces is in your dish will come from your own dirty hands, you're the one that agrees with Tillis and other rightwing nutjobs who think servers shouldn't have to wash their hands.

Look dumbass. He said he doesn't think the FEDS should be involved and that it should be left up to the states. THAT is how it's been handled . . . . forever. Maybe you need to wash the feces off your disgusting fugly face?

He said absolutely nothing about "the FEDS".

There is no federal law requiring employees to wash hands, and no such law has been suggested. He is speaking of state regulation.

THIS is what it is about, government oversights making things difficult for businesses. The handwashing thing was just an EXAMPLE. I certainly hope you aren't as dishonest as that ugly clown faced lady. :D

"I said I don't have a problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don't require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom," Tillis said to audience laughter. "The market will take care of that."

However, Tillis' off-hand comments did raise eyebrows in Washington. There was a flurry of headlines about it.

So, idiot, Tillis is trying to replace one sign with another, so you would rather the restaurant post a sign saying they don't require their employees to wash their hands? That figures, since you probably never wash yours.

It hurts when you can't climb the ladder of success, I'm sure.
I'm sure no one here is interested in your problems. Maybe if you go back to school you'll have a better chance at finding a job.

Just remember, wash your hands before you return to work. I don't want to eat off a dish you've contaminated with your feces, if I ever dine in whatever fine establishment has hired you.

I'm sure whatever feces is in your dish will come from your own dirty hands, you're the one that agrees with Tillis and other rightwing nutjobs who think servers shouldn't have to wash their hands.

Look dumbass. He said he doesn't think the FEDS should be involved and that it should be left up to the states. THAT is how it's been handled . . . . forever. Maybe you need to wash the feces off your disgusting fugly face?

There is no federal law requiring employees to wash hands, and no such law has been suggested. He is speaking of state regulation.

THIS is what it is about, government oversights making things difficult for businesses. The handwashing thing was just an EXAMPLE. I certainly hope you aren't as dishonest as that ugly clown faced lady. :D

"I said I don't have a problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don't require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom," Tillis said to audience laughter. "The market will take care of that."

However, Tillis' off-hand comments did raise eyebrows in Washington. There was a flurry of headlines about it.

So, idiot, Tillis is trying to replace one sign with another, so you would rather the restaurant post a sign saying they don't require their employees to wash their hands? That figures, since you probably never wash yours.

God, you are stupid. He was using it as an example, dumb old bitch. Go take your Geritol.

At Jimmy V's Osteria in downtown Raleigh, we saw plenty of employees washing their hands. We spoke to diners who unsurprisingly expect nothing less.

"I absolutely would like everybody in the restaurant industry to wash their hands and be required to do so," said Jennifer Knox.

"I also wash my hands before I cook a meal and so I would think that everybody should, yes," said Margaret Eagles.

Tillis and his town hall host laughed about the comment.

"Well I'm not sure I'm going to shake your hand", the host said to more audience laughter.

The comments did raise an age-old Washington question, how much government is too much government?

"I think we're over regulated", said Jimmy V's Head Chef Jeffrey Russell.

Russell insists he'd never cut corners on hand washing requirements for employees, but he agreed that some government rules can be burdensome at times.

"There are many rules that change constantly and we're not always kept up to date. You'll get a health inspection one quarter and the second quarter it becomes an issue," Russell said.

Of course he's using it as an "example".

The point is, it's a really bad example that no one in their right mind could actually support.

I agree. I ALREADY stated that I think the states have every right to regulate the restaurant industry but NOT the feds. If the federal government is thinking of getting involved in ANOTHER issue that has absolutely nothing to do with them, they should go screw off.

But they're not. No one has suggested that they should. You made up the "Federal" part in your head.

At Jimmy V's Osteria in downtown Raleigh, we saw plenty of employees washing their hands. We spoke to diners who unsurprisingly expect nothing less.

"I absolutely would like everybody in the restaurant industry to wash their hands and be required to do so," said Jennifer Knox.

"I also wash my hands before I cook a meal and so I would think that everybody should, yes," said Margaret Eagles.

"Well I'm not sure I'm going to shake your hand", the host said to more audience laughter.

The comments did raise an age-old Washington question, how much government is too much government?

Russell insists he'd never cut corners on hand washing requirements for employees, but he agreed that some government rules can be burdensome at times.

"There are many rules that change constantly and we're not always kept up to date. You'll get a health inspection one quarter and the second quarter it becomes an issue," Russell said.

The point is, it's a really bad example that no one in their right mind could actually support.

I agree. I ALREADY stated that I think the states have every right to regulate the restaurant industry but NOT the feds. If the federal government is thinking of getting involved in ANOTHER issue that has absolutely nothing to do with them, they should go screw off.

But they're not. No one has suggested that they should. You made up the "Federal" part in your head.

No, I think he was talking about the federal government getting involved, hence the talk of "Washington."

No, I think he was talking about the federal government getting involved, hence the talk of "Washington."

Why would he be talking about the federal government getting involved, since they're not involved, and no one has suggested that they should be involved?

Why was he instead talking specifically about a state law in the first place, if he wanted to discuss the federal government?

Why would he be talking about the federal government getting involved, since they're not involved, and no one has suggested that they should be involved?

Why was he instead talking specifically about a state law in the first place, if he wanted to discuss the federal government?

How the hell should I know? Maybe he thinks, for some reason, they want to get involved? Who knows what issues they have no jurisdiction over they will try to strong arm their way into next?

Here's the onerous regulation that the RWNJs object to:

6-301.14 Handwashing Signage.

A sign or poster that notifies food employees to wash their hands shall be provided at all handwashing sinks used by food employees and shall be clearly visible to food employees.

What is going to happen when they find out that restaurants must provide clean soap and water to their employees?????????????????????

Us RWNJ anarchist hippies have an anti-sign agenda and anti-sign song. You LWMBs only have government control arguments. Why do you want to oppress the people?

How is protecting innocent people oppressive?

The marketplace will take care of it.

How many people would patronize a restaurant that didn't require basic hygiene from their employees.

Liberals might, but that's only because they can't think for themselves and require instruction for even the most basic human activities

You are really ignorant if you think any restaurant owner is going to be stupid enough to post a sign saying "We don't care if our employees wash their hands after they use the bathroom" - only ignorant conservatives can come up with such idiotic suggestions.

That's not how it would work.

Liberal restaurants would maximize their profits by reheating yesterdays leftovers in toilet water and serving it as Today's Chef Specials.

Conservative restaurants would been known for their cleanliness, attention to detail and maniacal devotion to quality and customer service.

RE_100837_4d9733480e441_big.jpg

^ My favorite restaurant, Bravo Gianni (RIP)

That's why your economies always end in breadlines

bread17s.jpg

^ Progressive Mecca where government feeds you
Oh please.
RedneckSushi.jpg

Redneck sushi
1061209jkk2547.jpg

What a REAL right wing restaurant looks like.

Do they seriously need a freaking LAW to make them wash their hands?
I think the objection is to nanny state, not hand washing. Lefties don't believe the average food handler has the intelligence to wash his or her hands...and they don't think the average restaurant owner should have the authority to require them to as a condition of their employment. ONLY THE STATE IS ALLOWED TO TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO!

Lol. I'm assuming that here in Oregon we already have this stupid law, because there are stupid signs in every public restroom where food is served that says FOOD HANDLERS WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE RETURNING TO WORK.

What a lot of money wasted on nothing except more leftist state involvement with what we do with our private parts, and how we manage them.

Liberals can only function per government insturctions
Republicans live off liberal leftovers. Why do you think GOP governors go to states like California, New York and Illinois looking for skilled workers.
Would you give this guy a job:
Bill-Maher-sends-Alexandra-Pelosi-to-Mississippi.jpg

He votes GOP and gets food stamps.

Here's the onerous regulation that the RWNJs object to:

6-301.14 Handwashing Signage.

A sign or poster that notifies food employees to wash their hands shall be provided at all handwashing sinks used by food employees and shall be clearly visible to food employees.

What is going to happen when they find out that restaurants must provide clean soap and water to their employees?????????????????????

Us RWNJ anarchist hippies have an anti-sign agenda and anti-sign song. You LWMBs only have government control arguments. Why do you want to oppress the people?

How is protecting innocent people oppressive?

How is exploiting innocent people not oppressive?

Nothing funnier than watching these morons twist themselves into a pretzel trying to defend this idiot. Of course they`ve got plenty of practice at it.

A tea party Senator from North Carolina says no. Is he an average bagger of tea or is he dumber than the rest of them?
Thom Tillis questions food workers mandate to wash hands. Legitimate or gross - Yahoo News
Well, germs are just a theory and Jesus said that it is not that which goes into a man's mouth that defiles him.
So obviously hand-washing requirements are anti-Christian laws set up by atheists pushing an unproven theory. duh.
How has no one noticed this whacky post?

No, it's a good example. The left is having an emotional reaction and taking it out of context. You can have a state law, like we do, but nothing will do more for actually enforcing the rule than the marketplace. If a restaurant chooses to not enforce a hand washing rule then they should put up a sign.

That will do more than government trying to enforce hand washing rules in every restaurant. How would they even do it? I like his idea much better than more nanny state bullshit that the left thrives on.

No, it's a good example. The left is having an emotional reaction and taking it out of context. You can have a state law, like we do, but nothing will do more for actually enforcing the rule than the marketplace. If a restaurant chooses to not enforce a hand washing rule then they should put up a sign.

That will do more than government trying to enforce hand washing rules in every restaurant. How would they even do it? I like his idea much better than more nanny state bullshit that the left thrives on.

That's actually a good point, but I guess some people NEED their government to take care of them though. Obviously that is what they want.

The marketplace will take care of it.

How many people would patronize a restaurant that didn't require basic hygiene from their employees.

Liberals might, but that's only because they can't think for themselves and require instruction for even the most basic human activities

You are really ignorant if you think any restaurant owner is going to be stupid enough to post a sign saying "We don't care if our employees wash their hands after they use the bathroom" - only ignorant conservatives can come up with such idiotic suggestions.

That's not how it would work.

Liberal restaurants would maximize their profits by reheating yesterdays leftovers in toilet water and serving it as Today's Chef Specials.

Conservative restaurants would been known for their cleanliness, attention to detail and maniacal devotion to quality and customer service.

RE_100837_4d9733480e441_big.jpg

^ My favorite restaurant, Bravo Gianni (RIP)

That's why your economies always end in breadlines

bread17s.jpg

^ Progressive Mecca where government feeds you
Oh please.
RedneckSushi.jpg

Redneck sushi
1061209jkk2547.jpg

What a REAL right wing restaurant looks like.

I just have to wonder where you are from and what kind of people you know that you think people eat at certain restaurants due to their political ideologies? :lol: It is just so silly, I have to wonder if you are a child. :) No offense.

Do they seriously need a freaking LAW to make them wash their hands?
I think the objection is to nanny state, not hand washing. Lefties don't believe the average food handler has the intelligence to wash his or her hands...and they don't think the average restaurant owner should have the authority to require them to as a condition of their employment. ONLY THE STATE IS ALLOWED TO TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO!

Lol. I'm assuming that here in Oregon we already have this stupid law, because there are stupid signs in every public restroom where food is served that says FOOD HANDLERS WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE RETURNING TO WORK.

What a lot of money wasted on nothing except more leftist state involvement with what we do with our private parts, and how we manage them.

Liberals can only function per government insturctions
Republicans live off liberal leftovers. Why do you think GOP governors go to states like California, New York and Illinois looking for skilled workers.
Would you give this guy a job:
Bill-Maher-sends-Alexandra-Pelosi-to-Mississippi.jpg

He votes GOP and gets food stamps.

Interesting. Is this something you truly believe is true? Is that what ALL people who vote for republicans look like and act like? Are they ALL the same person? :D

Forum List

Back