Should Either Political Side in the U.S. Object to this Statement by Trump, Re: Tarrifs on Companies that send Jobs out of the Country?

I am a bloody trumpling and I am more pro worker than you or biden
That's what they tell you?

giphy.gif

China sells much but buys little

Western tariffs hurt the chicom economy
How about instead of tariffs, why not programs that make it economical for American business to make it over here, instead of buying it from China.

Trump is in "just win baby" mode.
Telling voter want he needs to to get their votes.
Its about fucking time he learns the political game.

Speaking of hypocrites, how about those Bidens?
whining about the rich paying their "fair share" while the DOJ lets their tax charges expire.
Not to mention their selling influence to US adversaries.
Who knows what that "spy balloon" seeded the US with?
I hope you aren't planning to vote for "too old Joe"??????

Why do we continue voting for the two parties?

Tax companies who layoff Americans to move their jobs to other countries whose workers are less expensive due to their standard of living being so much lower. Tax them on goods they turn around to sell back to Americans, that is.

It seems that both political sides would support that. But, maybe I'm missing something. If you have a legitimate objection to the idea, I'd love to read it and discuss it.

Thanks!

As one not from either political side I am against this, but I do agree that both sides will love it as both sides are very much the same.

It is not the role of the Fed Govt to punish a company for trying to keep their shareholders happy.

It is not the role of the Fed Govt to tell a use the tax code to try and dictate where a company does business.

One a side note, it is great to see you have given up all pretense of being libertarian.

China sells much but buys little

Western tariffs hurt the chicom economy
Its not a free hit. It hurts everyone. Tarriffs should be used when there are issues like slavery and other human ri.ghts abuses.
Trump is too dumb to understand this sort of thing.

As one not from either political side I am against this, but I do agree that both sides will love it as both sides are very much the same.

It is not the role of the Fed Govt to punish a company for trying to keep their shareholders happy.

It is when the government is looked to bail these businesses out every time they fail.

It is when the government is looked to bail these businesses out every time they fail.

So, they are punished for trying not to fail, and then when they fail they are bailed out...and you do not see any issue with such a system?

So, they are punished for trying not to fail, and then when they fail they are bailed out...and you do not see any issue with such a system?

Big time. You might have the cart before the horse though. We have been bailing them out long before Trump's empty rhetoric.

Because they are the only viable choices.

Only because you think that way. You are arguing "We have to vote for failure, we have no other choice".

Bull.

Why do idiots keep forming political parties with ZERO chance of winning any election?

Because they can't stand the two failed options. How many times should one be able to fail before being replaced?

Because they are the only viable choices.

Why do idiots keep forming political parties with ZERO chance of winning any election?

Anyone can win if people will vote for them.

You are stuck in an endless loop of circular thinking.....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....third parties cannot win because nobody will vote for them, nobody will vote for them because they cannot win....

It is all he has ever done, it is what he did in 2016 and 2020.
I disagree. In 2016 he was just lucky he ran against Hillary
In 2020 he could have won if he used softer tones and "acted" more presidential.
His 1st debate performance was much too aggressive. He bullied Biden mercilessly. That cost him women's votes.

Bill Clinton could tailor his responses to garner the most votes. Trump needs to learn how to do that.

It is not the role of the Fed Govt to tell a use the tax code to try and dictate where a company does business.
Actually government makes HUGE use of the tax code to set policy. You've just gotten used to some of them. Like the mortgage interest tax deduction. The standard deduction. And deductions for each dependent child.

Businesses got deductions for depreciation, accelerated depreciations, oil depletion allowances, a whole tone of deductions for doing things the government wants them to do.

Actually government makes HUGE use of the tax code to set policy. You've just gotten used to some of them. Like the mortgage interest tax deduction. The standard deduction. And deductions for each dependent child.

Businesses got deductions for depreciation, accelerated depreciations, oil depletion allowances, a whole tone of deductions for doing things the government wants them to do.

Yes, and I am against all those things. I know they do it, I just do not think they should.

Forum List

Back