Should DUI be part of criminal background check for gun purchase?

HAHAHA. Gramps just said drunk driving should be legal.

Negged for ass-holism :lol:

Gramps said nothing of the kind, liar.

He did too. "Its really none of your concern what other people do in their personal lives with legal substances.". That's what he said and that means legalizing dui. I realize gramps is 97 and a loony lib and i'm trying to make allowances but there is still no excuse for anyone being that stupid.

No, he did not. When one is DUI, he is not legal and neither are the substances. Yes, you are misconstruing deliberately and falsely what he said. For shame.

[
If a bartender can be required to cut you off, then a gun dealer should be too.
That's MHO anyway - I can't imagine that would ruffle feathers, but apparently it does. We don't have such a law on the books ...

So too then should a car dealer. You really need to think things thru before you post.

Only if the person buying the car was obivously drunk when he bought the car and drove it off the lot, try using your head for something other than an idiocy echo-chamber.

He did too. "Its really none of your concern what other people do in their personal lives with legal substances.". That's what he said and that means legalizing dui. I realize gramps is 97 and a loony lib and i'm trying to make allowances but there is still no excuse for anyone being that stupid.

No, he did not. When one is DUI, he is not legal and neither are the substances. Yes, you are misconstruing deliberately and falsely what he said. For shame.

Hey einstein. Booze is legal - has been for 80 years. So gramps said driving drunk is nobody's business. The board awaits your apology.

[
If a bartender can be required to cut you off, then a gun dealer should be too.
That's MHO anyway - I can't imagine that would ruffle feathers, but apparently it does. We don't have such a law on the books ...

So too then should a car dealer. You really need to think things thru before you post.

Only if the person buying the car was obivously drunk when he bought the car and drove it off the lot, try using your head for something other than an idiocy echo-chamber.

Has that ever happened? A car dealer prosecuted for selling to a drunk? I don't think so. . You libs want gun owners to be sober and have IQs of 180 but anybody can buy a car.

Hey einstein. Booze is legal - has been for 80 years. So gramps said driving drunk is nobody's business. The board awaits your apology.

Why don't you just shut the fuck up. You sound like a babbling idiot.

You said yourself you've never drank but you post like you know everything about it. You said I shouldn't drink and I told you it was none of your fucking business.

[

You said yourself you've never drank but you post like you know everything about it. You said I shouldn't drink and I told you it was none of your fucking business.

HAHAHA. More name-calling from the libs. That's all they ever have.

And BTW - you said booze is legal so drunk driving is nobody's business!!!!!!!
You can't even quote yourself correctly.

[

HAHAHA. More name-calling from the libs. That's all they ever have.

And BTW - you said booze is legal so drunk driving is nobody's business!!!!!!!
You can't even quote yourself correctly.

I did not say that. You are a pathetic lying little weasel.

Suck another neg faggot

[

I got a dui many years ago. It scared the hell out of me. As well as about 6k

After completing probation I bought a breathalizer and started testing myself at home regularly. I know my limits. ;)

If you were smart, you'd just stop drinking. I've never been drunk in my life and haven't even touched booze except for a little when i was a dumb teen.

Its really none of your concern what other people do in their personal lives with legal substances.

Please point to the exact sentence where I said I condoned drinking and driving after responding to you saying I shouldn't drink.

Until society has a zero tolerance with regards to drunk driving... Meaning 0% alcohol when driving, the answer is NO, drunk drivers should not be prohibited from owning guns. That said, if a person is convicted of a felony DUI/DWI they lose the Right to own guns anyway.

That is not what he said, and you are merely engaging in troll stupidity.

If you were smart, you'd just stop drinking. I've never been drunk in my life and haven't even touched booze except for a little when i was a dumb teen.

Its really none of your concern what other people do in their personal lives with legal substances.

Please point to the exact sentence where I said I condoned drinking and driving after responding to you saying I shouldn't drink.

Simply tell ShootSpeeders to go back to pleasuring his male customers.

. That said, if a person is convicted of a felony DUI/DWI they lose the Right to own guns anyway.

Everybody knows that but DUI is almost never charged as a felony. We need to make it a felony in all cases even first time offenders.

. That said, if a person is convicted of a felony DUI/DWI they lose the Right to own guns anyway.

Everybody knows that but DUI is almost never charged as a felony. We need to make it a felony in all cases even first time offenders.

"almost never"? Got some stats? I do agree that it needs to be charged as felony on the second conviction.

Of course. Hell - People are routinely denied gun rights for NON-violent drug crimes like a 20 year old pot possession conviction. DUI is an extremely violent drug crime and evidence the criminal is a psychopath with no concern for the lives of others.

Hold on a second. Obama is most worried about gun and bible clingers, not gun and bottle clingers. He said so himself.

What he said was that in hard times yokel locals in rural America cling to guns and bibles. He's right.

What he said was that in hard times yokel locals in rural America cling to guns and bibles. He's right.

...and rich progressive urban dwellers cling to guns and cocaine. So?

That's the point, percysunshine. We all have our own "teddy bears" to which we cling when we are unhappy. Obama was insensitive in what he said but nothing more than that.

...and rich progressive urban dwellers cling to guns and cocaine. So?

That's the point, percysunshine. We all have our own "teddy bears" to which we cling when we are unhappy. Obama was insensitive in what he said but nothing more than that.

The point is that stereotypes are a weak foundation for effective and useful public policy.

Many people in government do not understand that. They live in a La La land where they govern stereotypes, and not people.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back