Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what's sailing over your head, Screamer:

Your attempt to broad-brush "all" Democrats as racist and "all" Republicans as champion white knights on white horses (OK that part might be accurate) is the same fallacy as your broad-brushing Paula Deen's party registration as some kind of causal effect for her use of the word "******". It isn't. That's cultural, not political. That's exactly why the Thurmonds and Helmses don't mind switching parties -- it's a lot easier than switching one's culture. And considering I already 'splained to you the differmints between culture and politics and you couldn't grasp it, we'll just leave it there until you do.

Bottom line here is the same as it was with your Australian link: culture is not politics. To equate the two just to try to smear one's despised political group is rhetorical bullshit. Basically you're playing the same fallacy over and over and expecting different results.

"Penguins are black and white; old TV shows are black and white. Therefore penguins are old TV shows"

broad_brush.jpg

So if it's cultural then it's ok? I mean that's what your excuse for rappers saying it....and lets be honest I find it funny how people go apeshit over one word.....it's not a big deal, she says ******, trayveon says cracker, who gives a shit.

Nowhere did I say it's "ok" and nowhere have I said anything about (c)rappers. Nice try. Actually it's a horseshit try, but we don't have a colloquialism for that. Let's just leave it at "liar".

What I said was that it's logical bullshit to try to make the case that "Paula Deen is a Democrat, so since she said "******" all Democrats are racist". Just as it would be the same fallacy to assert "Paula Deen is a Capricornian, so since she said "******" all Capricornians are racist" or "Paula Deen is righthanded, so since she said "******" all righhanders are racist"..

Well, yeah, Deens use of the word doesn't mean that ALL Democrats are racist, but it isn't surprising either and somehow it seems more at home in the Democratic party where most the people that use that word are.

Pogo can't explain why a person is ostracized for saying '******' but not for saying 'cracker'.....

she blames 'the culture'.....but she can't figure out why 'the culture' is so biased....

Pogo wasn't asked to explain any such thing, and has not been in any exchange about the word "cracker".

But go on, link me to where this is.

... who the fuck is "she"? Paula Deen? I don't think Paula Deen blamed anyone but herself. She put out an apology (in response to what I'm not sure) and it looked sincere to me.

Why don't you just leave her the fuck alone?

Cant say about Screaming Eagle, but the leftist extortion machine cant leave her alone or it might encourage too many others to fight back and not pay out, so she has to be destroyed as a warning to the other muppets out there.

Last edited:
Deen's net worth is $10 Million so her life is far from over.

Does she deserve to loose her contractual work? Yes. If there is a morals clause in said contracts.

What in the blue fuck are you babbling about?

Where is a "free speech" issue here? Do you have any clue what the term means?

Second, nobody asked me to explain why the culture is so biased. Nobody even postulated what this bias is.

I'm still waiting to a link to all that. Get busy.

you are the one that claimed Deen's use of the word as due to 'the culture' and i agree she grew up in that kind of culture.....i'm asking you why 'the culture' is now so biased against The-word-that-shall-not-be-Spoken.....and not words like 'wop' or 'whitey' or 'cracker'....we have free speech and should be able to say all of the above words without reprisal unless they are being used to slander someone...

We did all this before in the exchange about PC and social mores...

First of all "free speech" as regards the law and the Constitution has to do with prohibiting government restraint. And there's no restraint on Paula Deen (or anybody else) from the government, from the Constitution, or from the law as far as what words they can use. NONE. Does not exist. Down goes politics.

So we're back to social mores. Why any of those mores exist is something you'd have to ask the culture, as it is we the people collectively who create them. My answer would be that wop and whitey and cracker are of a lower level because Italians and white people have never been put in chains (literally) by a dominant culture, nor did they ever need legislation and national guardsmen to get themselves treated like humans.

That would be my read. Now to get a full answer you have to ask everybody else in the country. This could take some time. Good luck in your new career.

(/offtopic)

well i can see we are going to continue going in circles about this....you continue to blame it all on "social mores" and will never admit to the racist demogoguery of the Left....

fyi slavery in the U.S. was hardly unusual in the world at the time we had it...however leftists are still using it today to punish and create guilty white Americans like you who think it is just fine to stand by and let someone like Paula D get destroyed by what you call 'social mores'.....

you are the one that claimed Deen's use of the word as due to 'the culture' and i agree she grew up in that kind of culture.....i'm asking you why 'the culture' is now so biased against The-word-that-shall-not-be-Spoken.....and not words like 'wop' or 'whitey' or 'cracker'....we have free speech and should be able to say all of the above words without reprisal unless they are being used to slander someone...

First of all "free speech" as regards the law and the Constitution has to do with prohibiting government restraint. And there's no restraint on Paula Deen (or anybody else) from the government, from the Constitution, or from the law as far as what words they can use. NONE. Does not exist. Down goes politics.

So we're back to social mores. Why any of those mores exist is something you'd have to ask the culture, as it is we the people collectively who create them. My answer would be that wop and whitey and cracker are of a lower level because Italians and white people have never been put in chains (literally) by a dominant culture, nor did they ever need legislation and national guardsmen to get themselves treated like humans.

That would be my read. Now to get a full answer you have to ask everybody else in the country. This could take some time. Good luck in your new career.

(/offtopic)

well i can see we are going to continue going in circles about this....you continue to blame it all on "social mores" and will never admit to the racist demogoguery of the Left....

fyi slavery in the U.S. was hardly unusual in the world at the time we had it...however leftists are still using it today to punish and create guilty white Americans like you who think it is just fine to stand by and let someone like Paula D get destroyed by what you call 'social mores'.....

You're still completely full of shit. No wonder you're "screaming" -- it's constipation.

"Paula D" is not getting "destroyed"; she's getting sued. And that's got nothing to do with what she may have said. And the non-renewal of her contract with the Food Network is the prerogative of any private business. I guess you want the government to step in and force them to hire her? Rotsa ruck with that.

Wallow in your ignorance as long as you want, that's your choice.

And trust me, I'm not being punished. You are. And will continue to be as long as you bring mindless bullshit logic in here.

Last edited:

(/offtopic)

You're still completely full of shit. No wonder you're "screaming" -- it's constipation.

"Paula D" is not getting "destroyed"; she's getting sued. And that's got nothing to do with what she may have said. And the non-renewal of her contract with the Food Network is the prerogative of any private business. I guess you want the government to step in and force them to hire her? Rotsa ruck with that.

And trust me, I'm not being punished. You are. And will continue to be as long as you bring mindless bullshit logic in here.

lol.....by the number of your insults it's obvious you're writhing in denial...

of course she's getting destroyed.....even before the lawsuit proves anything except a word she used 30 years ago.....of course that's what the PC Leftist media focussed on....nothing like drumming up some good ole racist shit...

of course she's getting destroyed.....even before the lawsuit proves anything except a word she used 30 years ago.....of course that's what the PC Leftist media focussed on....nothing like drumming up some good ole racist shit...

Again I have no idea what you're babbling about. The lawsuit concerns employment practices during the time limited from 2005 to 2010. "Thirty years ago" would be 1983. Does not compute.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread now for lack of any intelligent life. Aloha.

Again I have no idea what you're babbling about. The lawsuit concerns employment practices during the time limited from 2005 to 2010. "Thirty years ago" would be 1983. Does not compute.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread now for lack of any intelligent life. Aloha.

i'll put it in 'cartoon format' so you can maybe get it....

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-25%20at%209.29.12%20AM.png

Last edited:

Does she deserve to loose her contractual work? Yes. If there is a morals clause in said contracts.

And why does she 'deserve' to lose all of it, Einstein?

Just because you say so?

roflmao

Blacks say ****** in nearly every rap song
72% of blacks don't care about their children
Blacks don't speak out against blacks blowing away thousands of young blacks within our inner-cities.

Oh'nooo's, let's focus on a stupid word from a old woman.

Fuck you

Just because you say so?

roflmao

These leftist are the most close minded idiots imaginable. They're fascist! :evil:

Yup.........them black folks hate it when somebody uses the "N" word.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7B5KwXHFtw]Shake ya Ass - Mystikal ...THE ORIGINAl... - YouTube[/ame]

Why, are you a repuke?

you're an idiot. First of all, saying ****** doesnt make one a racist anymore than calling someone a jap makes you anti-japaneese

Second didnt YOU support Byrd? why was he allowed to exist and Thurmond was crucified? Oh yeah Byrd was a good soldier democrats and Thurmond got the hell out of the party of Jim Crow.......yep
Byrd apologized for his racist past and made amends. You aren't very bright, are you?

^Ignorant of Fact.

Byrd's Spokesperson Blamed being Tired on his use of the word "******" in the 2000's.

Byrd did NOT Apologize himself nor the the Left or it's Media demand it.

Why Ravir wants to Excuse that Fucking Disgusting Lifelong Bigot is beyond me.

:)

peace...

Just because you say so?

roflmao

These leftist are the most close minded idiots imaginable. They're fascist! :evil:

You blame the "leftists" for everything that bothers you. You have ****** mentality.

Just because you say so?

roflmao

Yes, they are, but we should avoid playing into their games, too, no?

Just because you say so?

roflmao

Yet somehow they won the last two presidential elections running a mulato..the spawn of a black African that abandoned his parental responsibilities. Must make you feel horribly inferior to those close minded idiots with no imagination. Why do you suppose the majority of the country rejected your pasty white candidates in favor of this loser black man? TWICE! The way you all rave on about Obama one would think he couldn't win an election for dog catcher. Yet somehow he ran for and was elected POTUS. Even after he served his first term he won again. Why do you think that is? Are the majority of Americans stupid? It couldn't possibly be that it is you that is wrong. No way. You have god on your side right? Is it that god has misslead you? He must have..cuz you are so smart. Now you are throwing words around like "fascist". Do you even know who coined that word? Of course not. You really are a blowviating willfully ignorant baffoon.

Just because you say so?

roflmao

Yet somehow they won the last two presidential elections running a mulato..the spawn of a black African that abandoned his parental responsibilities. Must make you feel horribly inferior to those close minded idiots with no imagination. Why do you suppose the majority of the country rejected your pasty white candidates in favor of this loser black man? TWICE! The way you all rave on about Obama one would think he couldn't win an election for dog catcher. Yet somehow he ran for and was elected POTUS. Even after he served his first term he won again. Why do you think that is? Are the majority of Americans stupid? It couldn't possibly be that it is you that is wrong. No way. You have god on your side right? Is it that god has misslead you? He must have..cuz you are so smart. Now you are throwing words around like "fascist". Do you even know who coined that word? Of course not. You really are a blowviating willfully ignorant baffoon.

No, no one is feeling inferior.

People have been asleep, but they are starting to wake up.

The two party system is not a competition any more, it is a duopoly, a racket with faux competition, and the higher the power the more faux it gets.

That is why I am encouraged to see Palin and Levin talking out this way, though I suspect it is just an attempt to leverage the GOPe into playing fair. If the latter is true, then Palin and Levin are only asking the GOPe to tell them more soothing lies.

Just because you say so?

roflmao

Why would she loose her net worth?

She has a morals clause (like everyone else in entertainment) in her contract, she broke the contract, she looses.

No, no one is feeling inferior.

People have been asleep, but they are starting to wake up.

The two party system is not a competition any more, it is a duopoly, a racket with faux competition, and the higher the power the more faux it gets.

That is why I am encouraged to see Palin and Levin talking out this way, though I suspect it is just an attempt to leverage the GOPe into playing fair. If the latter is true, then Palin and Levin are only asking the GOPe to tell them more soothing lies.

Palin? You made me laugh. She is a perfect example of how rediculous the GOP has become. Why not Bachmann? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back