Should Congress Legalize ALL Drugs, Including Meth?

What Drugs, if ANY, Should be Legalized...

• 2.) None and Criminalize Booze again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Should Congress Legalize ALL Drugs, Including Meth?

I think we should leave it to the experts. Let's ask Rush Limbaugh and Cindy McCain.

Let's see:

I smoked pot habitually from the time I was 14 to the time I was 33. I quit without the slightest problem, just because I was sick of having a group of friends that were obsessive about smoking pot.

I drank heavily from the time I was 16 to the time I was 24. I reduced my drinking without the slightest problem to no more that 3 (sometimes 4) beers or glasses of wine a day. I never drink hard liquor anymore (I loved scotch). I quit becuase I had weird working hours - I'd arrive at bars late at night when I was still dead sober - when I saw how fucking disgusting really drunk people were - I cut my drinking down immediately.

I have tried just about every illegal drug except for herion - none, except pot, ever appealed to me so none ever became a habit.

I have been smoking cigareetes from the time I was 13 to the present (I'm 51 years old). I have tried to quit dozens of times and I can't. I've tried hypnosis, patches, gum...everything. I know that it's going to kill me in a few years - but I still can't quit.

'nuff said....

Don't be too hard on yourself. Nicotine is one of the most addictive substances known to man.

Also, alcohol is one of the few substances that can kill people who are withdrawing.

Yet, both of these substances are legal.

Good luck quitting, if you are still trying.

What right does "society" have to tell me I can't do drugs?
The same thing that gives you the right to not have a mob of society come over and kill you.

Really I'd be for legalizing pot because in my heart I agree government belongs out of our bloodstreams. BUT, it is beyond a reasonable doubt driving under the influence of alcohol or pot is dangerous to others. So I'd tie that legalization to just ridiculously tougher laws on drunk drivers, high drivers, and the bars that serve them.

We'll see how the pot thing goes over before we start on "x" or others.

Really I'd be for legalizing pot because in my heart I agree government belongs out of our bloodstreams. BUT, it is beyond a reasonable doubt driving under the influence of alcohol or pot is dangerous to others. So I'd tie that legalization to just ridiculously tougher laws on drunk drivers, high drivers, and the bars that serve them.

We'll see how the pot thing goes over before we start on "x" or others.

The problem is the government controls the extremely deadly roadways, and the extremely inconsistent courts.

There would be numerous people still driving drunk with the tougher laws. Some people would get caught, others wouldn't. For those that got caught the rest of us would be forced to fund the trial, and fund their imprisonment.

Since the government controls all roadways the only way to cut down on drunk drivers is to step up enforcement. What does that equate to? Higher taxes, worse economy, and punishment for the innocent.

Just curious my friend, but where the hell did you hear this truck load of bullshit? Nothing personal, I was just wondering about it myself? :razz:~BH

yea not sure where the lie you quoted gets circulated. everything I have read says that smoking one joint can be as harmful as a pack of cigarettes wrt to lungs.

I still think it should be legal though. keeping thousands of people in jail and having 16 and 17 year olds caught with a joint losing all chance to get college assistance is really fucking stupid.

It's complete bullcrap wherever it came from. Anytime one who inhales any carcinogens, they are doing damage to their Lungs and esophagus. In no way whatsover could that help someone suffering an asma attack. What a load of garbage.

I have heard that Pot has more tar than cigarettes, but I have no clue if that is true. As far as lung damage, I believe that cigarettes are far worse than marijuana simply because people smoke more of them. I think the legalization of Marijuana is a good debate, but legalizing the rest of them would be very harmful to society. In no way should marijuana be available for purchase by people under the age of 21. Just my opinion. ~BH

It's complete bullcrap wherever it came from. Anytime one who inhales any carcinogens, they are doing damage to their Lungs and esophagus. In no way whatsover could that help someone suffering an asma attack. What a load of garbage.

Actually, there is evidence that MJ works as an immunosuppressant.

MARIJUANA and IMMUNITY

In that regard, it would function just like a steroid (as you would find in any maintainance inhaler i.e. advair). Suppressing the immune system prevents asthma.

However, even if that's true (which hasn't been fully established) that's a far cry from saying it would beat a standard B2 agonist (like an albuterol inhaler). Before that could be stated, it would first have to beat a placebo, and there are no controlled studies on the matter. At best it's a lot of anecdotes, and that is not good science.

All that ignores the fact that, if you are inhaling smoke (though many patients with lung cancer that use MJ vaporize it), you probably aren't helping your lungs.

I fully believe that there are medical indications for MJ, and I think they should just legalize it, but the pro-medicinal MJ crowd doesn't help themselves when they make claims that are easily shot full of holes.

It would be nice if some real work was done on this and they found out that THC vapor that could be put in a standard inhaler was as effective as steroids, because steroids have terrible side effects.

I have heard that Pot has more tar than cigarettes, but I have no clue if that is true. As far as lung damage, I believe that cigarettes are far worse than marijuana simply because people smoke more of them. I think the legalization of Marijuana is a good debate, but legalizing the rest of them would be very harmful to society. In no way should marijuana be available for purchase by people under the age of 21. Just my opinion. ~BH

I think joints are considered worse than cigs simply because there is no filter on them, but at you pointed out, on the whole, cigs are far worse because you have to chain smoke to maintain your "high".

Last edited:
Actually, there is evidence that MJ works as an immunosuppressant.

MARIJUANA and IMMUNITY

In that regard, it would function just like a steroid (as you would find in any maintainance inhaler i.e. advair). Suppressing the immune system prevents asthma.

However, even if that's true (which hasn't been fully established) that's a far cry from saying it would beat a standard B2 agonist (like an albuterol inhaler). Before that could be stated, it would first have to beat a placebo, and there are no controlled studies on the matter. At best it's a lot of anecdotes, and that is not good science.

Yeah, and I understand that geauxtohell . Actually bro, My Wife uses advair, and in no way whatsover would inhaling marijuana smoke beat that steroid.

All that ignores the fact that, if you are inhaling smoke (though many patients with lung cancer that use MJ vaporize it), you probably aren't helping your lungs.

Again, I agree. Maybe they are saying when it's in your system? I dunno. That would support THC in a pill form, but not many Marijuana advocates want to hear about that.

I fully believe that there are medical indications for MJ, and I think they should just legalize it, but the pro-medicinal MJ crowd doesn't help themselves when they make claims that are easily shot full of holes.

Exactly, and I too know marijuana can help people medically without a doubt as a treatment for nausiation, loss of appetite, stomach illness and sleeping disorders as well.

It would be nice if some real work was done on this and they found out that THC vapor that could be put in a standard inhaler was as effective as steroids, because steroids have terrible side effects.

Very good point, and one of the best I have ever heard be suggested.

I think joints are considered worse than cigs simply because there is no filter on them, but at you pointed out, on the whole, cigs are far worse because you have to chain smoke to maintain your "high".

Yeah, No filters is another great point. Hell, You're on a role here geauxtohell! Maybe you and I should just stick to Social issues because we seem to agree alot. If you ask me, I personally am more concerned with the medical benefits of the one, than comparing the two. Great discussion though. I know it could help alot of people, but I also know it could hurt alot of very young people. We gotta find a balance and regulate it. ~BH

The problem is the government controls the extremely deadly roadways, and the extremely inconsistent courts.

There would be numerous people still driving drunk with the tougher laws. Some people would get caught, others wouldn't. For those that got caught the rest of us would be forced to fund the trial, and fund their imprisonment.

Since the government controls all roadways the only way to cut down on drunk drivers is to step up enforcement. What does that equate to? Higher taxes, worse economy, and punishment for the innocent.

I'll agree with the inefficient court statement and add unequal courts to it.

I believe the answer isn't just to say "aw heck, this is too complicated to do" or "we've messed up in the past, let's give up".

The first idea is to tack xx extra onto any conviction received while the defendant is under the influence of any mind altering substance. Get into a bar fight drunk and break a window? Have fun with your extra 1000 hours of community service. Get stoned and run over your neighbor's mail box? Have fun riding the bus to work for 5 years.

Another I toy with is the mandatory automotive breathalyzer......well maybe just for anyone who gets convicted of an alcohol/pot related crime.

While I totally dude support anyone's right to fix the boringness of their lives with alcohol or pot I have 0 tolerance for misdeeds done under the influence. My feeling is you can't negatively affect my life just because you have a right to be stoned.

I am not an advocate for legalizing weed. But I am also not an advocate for keeping it from people who need it.

This happens to touch my life very personally. I do not want my loved one to lose kidney function nor suffer. This debate tears me. I hate weed, I do not need weed, nor do I need NSAIDS, or steroids. Who am I to claim this would not help some people. The main problem I have is government intervening in it's production. This is very hard for me to post, but I think it is essential

I found this story and wanted to share it

Topic: Ankylosing Spondylitis - NSAID use destroying my kidney function

I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis at age 22. Ankylosing Spondylitis causes the vertebrae in the spine to fuse together over a period of years; it took 20 years in my case for full spinal fusion to occur. The fusion causes extreme pain and inflammation throughout the body and the disease is accompanied by severe muscle spasms in the back.
My wife and I relocated to East TN about 5 years ago because when ever we vacationed in East TN my arthritis inflammation and my pain always seemed to ease and besides that it is much cheaper to live here than in Ohio when you are retired.
Ankylosing Spondylitis is a terrible disease to live with and I would not wish it on my worst enemy. By age 40 the Ankylosing Spondylitis had not only fused my entire spine but it had destroyed both of my hip joints and I had to have emergency surgery to replace both hips in one long operation.
I had worked for 21 years as a railroad clerk/telegrapher operator and this double hip replacement surgery ended my railroad career. The railroad did not want to take a chance that I might fall on their property and end up filing a law suit against them so the railroad had me placed on a total disability pension covered by the Railroad Retirement Board at age 40.
The pain from my Ankylosing Spondylitis has always been severe unless I used NSAIDS. From age 20 to 40 my pain was controlled with a very strong NSAID by the name of Butazolidin, the same drug that was used to keep race horses up and running when they were injured. Around age 40, Butazolidin was taken off the market by the FDA due to some cases of Aplastic Anemia occurring in users of the medication. After that I tried various NSAIDS to control my inflammation and the pain associated with my disease. The only combination that worked for me was 75 mg of Indomethacin taken twice daily along with two Darvocet N-100 pills, but this never completely controlled my pain and inflammation. Each Darvocet contains 650 mg of Tylenol along with the pain killer Propoxyphene. I was warned early on that continued use of Tylenol and the daily use of NSAIDS could possibly damage my kidneys or liver, but I had no other options to control my pain.
When I lived in Ohio I had the occasion to try smoking some marijuana socially and I found that smoking it controlled my pain and inflammation much better that the NSAIDS and pain killer medications that I had been taking for years. So I started smoking about an ounce per month and I was able to cut my arthritis meds and my pain meds by half. Since moving to East TN I have been unable to find anyone in the area to supply me with marijuana for my pain, so I have been doing without and 5 mg of Vicodin has been added to my daily pain meds.
A month or so ago my urine started to smell unusually strong and I informed my family doctor of this. My doctor then had me take a 24 hour urine test followed by a blood test to check my creatinine clearance levels due to my 39 years of using NSAID drugs for my arthritis. It turned out that the years of taking Indomethacin for my Ankylosing Spondylitis has affected my kidney function and my kidneys are now only functioning at 60%. I asked the doctor what this meant and he said if things stay the same that I would probably need dialysis within the next 5 years.
My doctor suspected that the NSAID that I have been taking for the last 25 years, Indomethacin and the Tylenol in my pain medications; was probably causing my kidneys to not function properly. The doctor suggested that he would like me to stop taking my Indomethacin which I take twice daily to see if my kidney function would improve by stopping this particular NSAID drug.. I told the doctor that from past experience that I would not be able to walk within 3 days because of severe inflammation in my joints if I discontinued my Indomethacin, but the doctor instructed me to give that a try to see if my kidney function would improve.
The doctor told me to stop the indomethacin any way to give it a try to see how I would do. Within 3 days I was in so much pain from inflammation that I was unable to walk and I had to use a walker to get to his office to prove this to him. He put me back on my daily dosage of 75 mg of Indomethacin twice daily and added 5 mg of Vicodin to be taken in the mornings and two Darvocet N-100 to control my pain before bedtime.
In 2009 legislation is up for discussion in Tennessee for medical marijuana; House Bill 368 and Senate Bill 209. It is my hope that Tennessee does pass a medical marijuana law for people like me.
It is time for a change in antiquated laws that keep people from relieving their pain. I know I could probably stop the NSAID drugs and save my kidneys if I had access to medical marijuana.
Thank you for allowing me a place to express my views on the need to legalize medical marijuana.

Time has changed the debate on the use and legality of Marijuana, how much may be seen by comparing the posts above with those today.

I came across this post by Mr. Conservative, W. F. Buckley:

"Even if one takes every reefer madness allegation of the prohibitionists at face value, marijuana prohibition has done far more harm to far more people than marijuana ever could."
Read more at: William F. Buckley, Jr. Quotes - BrainyQuote

Should AG Session continue the war on drugs, and begin to enforce of MJ as a Schedule I drug?

In my opinion they should. The drug war has been a failure. Our prisons are overcrowded and I prefer to see hard criminals locked up than nonviolent drug offenders.

Amid recession, meth menace evolves - The Elkhart Project- msnbc.com

^And Old Story in my Hood and in my Own Family, but I want to Know who here Supports ALL OUT LEGALIZATION of ALL Drugs, including Meth.

Then I'd like to Discuss with those who want Meth Legalized, what the Rationalization is, Aside from the Cost on Society in the Prison System when these Animals are Finally Put Away for what they have Done on Meth.

My Opinion... There is NO Safe or Secure Person who is doing Meth... There is NO Social Use of Meth.

Let's Talk.

:)

peace...
Legalize all drugs. Legalize euthenasia. Legalize suicide.

Too many fucking Liberals want to protect us from ourselves. Nanny Statism. The result is a society where people too stupid to survive in the wild are now not only allowed to survive, but to have more stupid people. We are truly living the movie "Idiocracy".

Time to let nature takes it's course and allow people to remove themselves from the gene pool for the betterment of the human race.

^And Old Story in my Hood and in my Own Family, but I want to Know who here Supports ALL OUT LEGALIZATION of ALL Drugs, including Meth.

Then I'd like to Discuss with those who want Meth Legalized, what the Rationalization is, Aside from the Cost on Society in the Prison System when these Animals are Finally Put Away for what they have Done on Meth.
The leading recipient of Soros money is the ACLU, which is so extreme that it favors the legalization of all drugs, even heroin and crack cocaine, and opposes virtually all measures taken to curtail drug use. In another example of its extremist approach, the group has rejected funds from the Ford and Rockefeller Foundations, and participation in the Combined Federal Campaign, because acceptance of the money would require adopting measures to make sure it does not employ terrorists or support terrorist activity.

My Opinion... There is NO Safe or Secure Person who is doing Meth... There is NO Social Use of Meth.

Let's Talk.

peace...

The leading recipient of Soros money is the ACLU, which is so extreme that it favors the legalization of all drugs, even heroin and crack cocaine, and opposes virtually all measures taken to curtail drug use. In another example of its extremist approach, the group has rejected funds from the Ford and Rockefeller Foundations, and participation in the Combined Federal Campaign, because acceptance of the money would require adopting measures to make sure it does not employ terrorists or support terrorist activity.

Let's Talk.

peace...
Why did you bump this old cold dead moldy useless thread ???

Let's Talk.

peace...
Soros and aclu are for it so it can't be all bad.

Let's Talk.

peace...
Legalize all drugs. Legalize euthenasia. Legalize suicide.

Too many fucking Liberals want to protect us from ourselves. Nanny Statism. The result is a society where people too stupid to survive in the wild are now not only allowed to survive, but to have more stupid people. We are truly living the movie "Idiocracy".

Time to let nature takes it's course and allow people to remove themselves from the gene pool for the betterment of the human race.
You are in support of the Progressive Heath care bill, death to the old and disabled and the young mental s I see Soros and the Democrats have covered in the Health bill.

That sound just like George Soros speech
The suit reviews some of what is known publicly about the history of Soros’s investments: “In August of 1990, according to Reuters News Agency, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency agents claimed that Banco de Columbia and other banks were conduits for Latin American drug money. In or about August 1994, according to Reuters, Soros acquired a nine percent interest in Banco de Columbia.”
speech

Forum List

Back