Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
It is bigotry. You want it to not be.....but it is.

Time for you to catch up. The rest of us have waited long enough.

Nope. You're not going to teach my child he/she is a bigot. I'm paying for the education.

I'm not going to teach your child anything. Life will do that. The crap you fill his head with will not stay with him. We, as a society, are beyond that. Your only hope is to avoid contact with the human race.

Whatever. Blah, blah, blah.

Freedom of speech doesn't end when I walk into a church. Politics are often talked about in churches. Sharpton and Jackson made a career doing it.

No, freedom of speech does not end when a parishioner enters a church, but the law is crystal clear as to what makes for tax-exempt status, and what does not. You are aware of this fact, right?

Exactly, pastors dont have free speech, didnt you christ bigots see the asterisk in the Constitution?

Imams, on the other hand, have the free speech to speak in loud condemnation of our vile zionist foreign policy.

Allah Akbar.

Exactly. The Democrats want the Muslim vote so they have deemed Muslims a protected class like queers. Christians are the enemy. Sick stuff.

The real question is: why in the world we are mixing a legal issue up with a religious issue?

Marriage is a religious issue when it takes place within the church (or any other religious body).

But for the purposes of the state, it is a legal issue. A marriage conferred by a justice of the peace has absolutely nothing to do with a "church" ceremony.

I see no reason in the world why Christian Churches, Synagogues or Mosques (or any other religious organization) should have to allow gay marriage if they don't want to. And why in the world would gay people want to get married in a place where they are not wanted, anyway? That makes no sense.

But those same churches have no right in saying whether gay people can become legally married, i.e., via Justice of the Peace, and with a legal and binding marriage certificate. Technically, once outside of their buildings of worship, those religious people actually have nothing to say about this. You see, the sword cuts both ways.

I also believe that those religous organizations that use the power of the pulpit to sway politics in this way should lose their tax-exempt status.

Any why in the world are so many people obsessed with things "gay" these days?!?!?

WTF?

you make alot of sense...

but when it comes to religious people having a say 'outside their buildings of worship' they have as much say as the next guy....the secular left is attempting to corral Christian attitudes to only their 'houses of worship'....

States should have the right to make their own marriage laws....not the Feds.....per the Constitution We The People have the right to make our own marriage laws....not because it is religion but because marriage is a societal issue.....

people are 'obsessed' with all things 'gay' these days because the leftists are pushing it....they are using it as a wedge issue to destroy Christianity.....every commie movement has attacked God....and these anti-American cross-knockers are out in full force these days....

Nope. No attempt to corral anyone.

And I doubt that Leftists are pushing a "gay" agenda. I find it all a little bizarre.

i find that a little 'out of touch'....

You're not going to teach my child homosexuality is normal in the school I'm paying for. Get used to it.

What if your child were gay? Any thoughts?

If your child isn't gay, nothing that is said in his school will make him gay. That is the point where you go off the reservation. It puts your stupidity on full display.

You've lost this one, by the way. The world knows that homosexual people are normal. One day...your kid will likely look at you and shake his or her head...wondering how you could be so dumb.

Young people have it figured out. There is no turning back.

I'm not gonna worry about gay kids. I'm talking about the agenda. That crap doesn't belong in public schools. If parents of a child believe their child is gay then that's their problem, not mine.

If you or your kid run around a public school that this gay kid attends.....telling him that he's abnormal.....then you become the problem. Public school...rightfully....will discourage you and your child from being bigots.

If your child isn't gay, nothing that is said in his school will make him gay. That is the point where you go off the reservation. It puts your stupidity on full display.

You've lost this one, by the way. The world knows that homosexual people are normal. One day...your kid will likely look at you and shake his or her head...wondering how you could be so dumb.

I'm not gonna worry about gay kids. I'm talking about the agenda. That crap doesn't belong in public schools. If parents of a child believe their child is gay then that's their problem, not mine.

If you or your kid run around a public school that this gay kid attends.....telling him that he's abnormal.....then you become the problem. Public school...rightfully....will discourage you and your child from being bigots.
I bullycided a crossdressing kid at my high school. Junior year, good times.

If the authority empowered to "rent" out a church sign an agreement with a couple, they should honor the agreement regardless of their sexual orientation.

My kid doesn't call people abnormal. You're not going to teach my kid he's a bigot because he believes homosexuality is wrong. Parents run the school and pay for it. Remember that. Start your own gay school.

Churches should burn in Hell because religion is the single greatest lie in all of human history.

well....you're not biased and are sure tolerant of other people's beliefs while demanding people be tolerant of your beliefs

:rolleyes:

Your child isn't gay. If he or she were, it would become a topic for you real quick. You wouldn't want the teacher to tell your child that he or she is abnormal, would you? Would you want your gay child to be discriminated against, outcast.....bullied?

I'm guessing not. But that gives you some benefit of the doubt.

You're not going to teach my child homosexuality is normal in the school I'm paying for. Get used to it.

There is no such thing as a *gay* child. *Gay* children have been hyper-sexualized from a young age by their parents or other queer advocates, who are always on the lookout for impressionable young kids. Those are the kids who become *born gay*. Poor things.

Kids are born gay after they are trained by their parents or other members of the homo community.

If the authority empowered to "rent" out a church sign an agreement with a couple, they should honor the agreement regardless of their sexual orientation.

to be 'fair' and 'equal' i believe half your 'public talk' here should be left wing....and half right wing....

agreed...?

Churches should burn in Hell because religion is the single greatest lie in all of human history.
Wrong. The claim that democracy is the cure - all for the ills of society is the single greatest lie in all of human history.
Democracy gave us the right to vote, not God. God doesn't actually exist.

God has nothing to do with the fact that democracy is huge practical joke. Democracy gives morons like you the ability to take my property and my freedom. Only a brain damaged boot-licking toady would find that arrangement acceptable.

When the state seeks to impose its will upon the churches of the land, bloodshed is a heartbeat away.

No. In our country, the state does not have the authority to dictate what the church must *allow*.

So if churches should be allowed refuse to marry homosexuals couples, should they be allowed to refuse to marry mixed race couples if it goes against their doctrine?

Yes.

Pastors who perform weddings are acting as civil servants and should thus be required to comply with non-discrimination laws applicable to such.

They should not have to perform ceremonies in their church as a religious ceremony, however.

They are not acting as civil servants, you witless git. Libturds view every social function as an extension of the government.

Hahahaha...

the progressives wish the church was controlled by the state. The church is the only thing that stands between them and the psychotic totalitarianism, genocide, and utter depravity that is their utopian vision.

They necessarily want to control the church, because the church influences people to behave like humans, instead of the depraved animals (Mengele) that are the heroes of the left.

Forum List

Back