Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
The leftist agenda has nothing to do with equality and rights. Those are just buzz words to make the useful Idiots believe they are part of a righteous cause. It's about submission and silencing the opposition.

There is a leftist agenda in our government schools, yes.

Interesting. Do you know any leftists?

What is the leftist agenda in schools?

• Teach kids the homosexuality is no different that heterosexuality.
  • Teach kids that capitalism is evil and that it's destroying the earth.
  • Teach kids that government is the solution to ever problem.

*Teach children that it's okay to engage in sex before one is old enough to drive.
*De-sensitize children to sex at a very young age, so they are accepting of all sexual deviances, and act as willing acolytes.

Your child isn't gay. If he or she were, it would become a topic for you real quick. You wouldn't want the teacher to tell your child that he or she is abnormal, would you? Would you want your gay child to be discriminated against, outcast.....bullied?

I'm guessing not. But that gives you some benefit of the doubt.

You're not going to teach my child homosexuality is normal in the school I'm paying for. Get used to it.

What if your child were gay? Any thoughts?

If your child isn't gay, nothing that is said in his school will make him gay. That is the point where you go off the reservation. It puts your stupidity on full display.

You've lost this one, by the way. The world knows that homosexual people are normal. One day...your kid will likely look at you and shake his or her head...wondering how you could be so dumb.

Young people have it figured out. There is no turning back.

No child under the age of 12 has any clue about whether he/she is gay. For children older than that, it's none of the school's business. The school should just butt out and leave it to the parents to decide how to handle the situation.

It is bigotry. You want it to not be.....but it is.

Time for you to catch up. The rest of us have waited long enough.

Nope. You're not going to teach my child he/she is a bigot. I'm paying for the education.

I'm not going to teach your child anything. Life will do that. The crap you fill his head with will not stay with him. We, as a society, are beyond that. Your only hope is to avoid contact with the human race.

Whether you do it isn't the question. Whether government schools do it is the issue. It's none of their damn business.

And that is ridiculous. I am a leftist. Married to a woman for 28 years. Three kids. I love my country. I dig many of our traditions. I have no interest in thinking like anyone else. I don't have anything to do with the school system.

Next?

You aren't representative of the leftist agenda. That doesn't mean there isn't one.

YEs he is. Like all leftists he's lying about what he believes.

Yep, and they have no problem with it. Just like Islamists.

This is the "gay" agenda, to punish the church.

It is not about any type of rights, never has been.

Although the far left loved this "cause" so others could plunder the Social Security system.

What if your child were gay? Any thoughts?

If your child isn't gay, nothing that is said in his school will make him gay. That is the point where you go off the reservation. It puts your stupidity on full display.

You've lost this one, by the way. The world knows that homosexual people are normal. One day...your kid will likely look at you and shake his or her head...wondering how you could be so dumb.

Young people have it figured out. There is no turning back.

I'm not gonna worry about gay kids. I'm talking about the agenda. That crap doesn't belong in public schools. If parents of a child believe their child is gay then that's their problem, not mine.

If you or your kid run around a public school that this gay kid attends.....telling him that he's abnormal.....then you become the problem. Public school...rightfully....will discourage you and your child from being bigots.

If your kid calls some other kid abnormal, that's a discipline problem for your kid, not an excuse to brainwash all the other kids in school.

Why don't we just let everyone decide what they want to force on the populace..

I'll go first..

I'd like the government to force liberals to accept that abortion is the slaughter of a child and outlaw it.

See how that works???? Don't like it when the shoes on the other foot..

This is also ridiculous and ignorant.

The courts invalidating un-Constitutional laws that seek only to deny gay Americans their civil liberties is not ‘forcing’ anything on anyone – you and others on the right remain at liberty to express your ignorance and hate however and whenever you see fit, including in your churches.

You and others on the right are not at liberty, however, to seek to codify that ignorance and hate in secular laws all must obey, and where in particular gay Americans are disadvantaged.

Otherwise, this issue has nothing to do with ‘abortion,’ and your ‘argument’ fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Don't worry about churches. They are slowly evolving over time.

In fact, the PCUSA just voted to allow gay weddings in their churches, joining ELCA and the UCC.

I'm pretty sure the UMC is next.

The far left truly does not know what "rights" are other than what their far left programming tells them.

I really wish the true liberals would take back their party from these brain dead far left Obama drones.

I'll go first..

I'd like the government to force liberals to accept that abortion is the slaughter of a child and outlaw it.

Haven't you already gone to the courts for that? How'd that work out?

And all those RW legislators and Presidents you guys vote for....in order to get rid of abortion since Roe v. Wade....how'd that work out?

The real question is: why in the world we are mixing a legal issue up with a religious issue?

Marriage is a religious issue when it takes place within the church (or any other religious body).

But for the purposes of the state, it is a legal issue. A marriage conferred by a justice of the peace has absolutely nothing to do with a "church" ceremony.

I see no reason in the world why Christian Churches, Synagogues or Mosques (or any other religious organization) should have to allow gay marriage if they don't want to. And why in the world would gay people want to get married in a place where they are not wanted, anyway? That makes no sense.

But those same churches have no right in saying whether gay people can become legally married, i.e., via Justice of the Peace, and with a legal and binding marriage certificate. Technically, once outside of their buildings of worship, those religious people actually have nothing to say about this. You see, the sword cuts both ways.

I also believe that those religous organizations that use the power of the pulpit to sway politics in this way should lose their tax-exempt status.

Any why in the world are so many people obsessed with things "gay" these days?!?!?

WTF?

you make alot of sense...

but when it comes to religious people having a say 'outside their buildings of worship' they have as much say as the next guy....the secular left is attempting to corral Christian attitudes to only their 'houses of worship'....

States should have the right to make their own marriage laws....not the Feds.....per the Constitution We The People have the right to make our own marriage laws....not because it is religion but because marriage is a societal issue.....

people are 'obsessed' with all things 'gay' these days because the leftists are pushing it....they are using it as a wedge issue to destroy Christianity.....every commie movement has attacked God....and these anti-American cross-knockers are out in full force these days....

This is ridiculous and ignorant.

The states do have the right to compose their own marriage laws; and the 14th Amendment requires the states to allow all persons access to a state’s laws, including marriage law – where both same- and opposite-sex couples are eligible to enter into the marriage contract.

Consequently the states are in the wrong, where gay Americans have no other recourse than to seek relief in the Federal courts from state overreach, as laws denying gay Americans their equal protection rights are repugnant to the Constitution.

The Constitution says nothing about gays, so your claim is bullshit on its face.

you make alot of sense...

but when it comes to religious people having a say 'outside their buildings of worship' they have as much say as the next guy....the secular left is attempting to corral Christian attitudes to only their 'houses of worship'....

States should have the right to make their own marriage laws....not the Feds.....per the Constitution We The People have the right to make our own marriage laws....not because it is religion but because marriage is a societal issue.....

people are 'obsessed' with all things 'gay' these days because the leftists are pushing it....they are using it as a wedge issue to destroy Christianity.....every commie movement has attacked God....and these anti-American cross-knockers are out in full force these days....

The states do have the right to compose their own marriage laws; and the 14th Amendment requires the states to allow all persons access to a state’s laws, including marriage law – where both same- and opposite-sex couples are eligible to enter into the marriage contract.

Consequently the states are in the wrong, where gay Americans have no other recourse than to seek relief in the Federal courts from state overreach, as laws denying gay Americans their equal protection rights are repugnant to the Constitution.

The Constitution says nothing about gays, so your claim is bullshit on its face.
The Constitution says nothing about blacks, Hispanics, women, the disabled, etc., yet there are SCOTUS decisions about them.

In fact, the only demographic the Constitution explicitly refers to are Native Americans.

This will be moot point in a few years as more and more churches find God again and become tolerant.

Those churches will not be Christian. There are many false churches that will gladly marry queers, but not a true Christian church.
anthropologist: When Same-Sex Marriage Was a Christian Rite

Contrary to myth, Christianity's concept of marriage has not been set in stone since the days of Christ, but has constantly evolved as a concept and ritual. Prof. John Boswell, the late Chairman of Yale University’s history department, discovered that in addition to heterosexual marriage ceremonies in ancient Christian church liturgical documents, there were also ceremonies called the "Office of Same-Sex Union" (10th and 11th century), and the "Order for Uniting Two Men" (11th and 12th century).

These church rites had all the symbols of a heterosexual marriage: the whole community gathered in a church, a blessing of the couple before the altar was conducted with their right hands joined, holy vows were exchanged, a priest officiatied in the taking of the Eucharist and a wedding feast for the guests was celebrated afterwards. These elements all appear in contemporary illustrations of the holy union of the Byzantine Warrior-Emperor, Basil the First (867-886 CE) and his companion John.

I guess the early Christian Church wasn't a "true" Christian Church either...

The Constitution says nothing about blacks, Hispanics, women, the disabled, etc., yet there are SCOTUS decisions about them.

In fact, the only demographic the Constitution explicitly refers to are Native Americans.

Wrong again. Allow me to quote the relevant sections:

15th Amendment:

"The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude."​

That would include blacks and Hispanics.

19th Amendment:

"The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex."​

That means women.

I'll go first..

And all those RW legislators and Presidents you guys vote for....in order to get rid of abortion since Roe v. Wade....how'd that work out?

<Knocks on Bodey's fat head> Hello???? I used it as an example.. Learn to fucking read.

I'll go first..

<Knocks on Bodey's fat head> Hello???? I used it as an example.. Learn to fucking read.

Yes you did....oh, wait....your example can't stand up to scrutiny.....bummer. :D

Forum List

Back