Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
This will be moot point in a few years as more and more churches find God again and become tolerant.

Those churches will not be Christian. There are many false churches that will gladly marry queers, but not a true Christian church.
anthropologist: When Same-Sex Marriage Was a Christian Rite

Contrary to myth, Christianity's concept of marriage has not been set in stone since the days of Christ, but has constantly evolved as a concept and ritual. Prof. John Boswell, the late Chairman of Yale University’s history department, discovered that in addition to heterosexual marriage ceremonies in ancient Christian church liturgical documents, there were also ceremonies called the "Office of Same-Sex Union" (10th and 11th century), and the "Order for Uniting Two Men" (11th and 12th century).

These church rites had all the symbols of a heterosexual marriage: the whole community gathered in a church, a blessing of the couple before the altar was conducted with their right hands joined, holy vows were exchanged, a priest officiatied in the taking of the Eucharist and a wedding feast for the guests was celebrated afterwards. These elements all appear in contemporary illustrations of the holy union of the Byzantine Warrior-Emperor, Basil the First (867-886 CE) and his companion John.

I guess the early Christian Church wasn't a "true" Christian Church either...

Not sure if Boswell didn't have an agenda.....being gay. I would really need to see more unbiased work on the subject.
Sad he died of AIDS at a relatively young age.

Haven't you already gone to the courts for that? How'd that work out?

And all those RW legislators and Presidents you guys vote for....in order to get rid of abortion since Roe v. Wade....how'd that work out?

<Knocks on Bodey's fat head> Hello???? I used it as an example.. Learn to fucking read.

Yes you did....oh, wait....your example can't stand up to scrutiny.....bummer. :D

Pathetic, seriously.. STFU already dummy.

Those churches will not be Christian. There are many false churches that will gladly marry queers, but not a true Christian church.

Contrary to myth, Christianity's concept of marriage has not been set in stone since the days of Christ, but has constantly evolved as a concept and ritual. Prof. John Boswell, the late Chairman of Yale University’s history department, discovered that in addition to heterosexual marriage ceremonies in ancient Christian church liturgical documents, there were also ceremonies called the "Office of Same-Sex Union" (10th and 11th century), and the "Order for Uniting Two Men" (11th and 12th century).

These church rites had all the symbols of a heterosexual marriage: the whole community gathered in a church, a blessing of the couple before the altar was conducted with their right hands joined, holy vows were exchanged, a priest officiatied in the taking of the Eucharist and a wedding feast for the guests was celebrated afterwards. These elements all appear in contemporary illustrations of the holy union of the Byzantine Warrior-Emperor, Basil the First (867-886 CE) and his companion John.

Not sure if Boswell didn't have an agenda.....being gay. I would really need to see more unbiased work on the subject.
Hmmm. John Lott is a writer who does studies on why gun control doesn't work. If John Lott is a gun owner, does that mean he has an agenda just because he owns guns?

If you or your kid run around a public school that this gay kid attends.....telling him that he's abnormal.....then you become the problem. Public school...rightfully....will discourage you and your child from being bigots.
I bullycided a crossdressing kid at my high school. Junior year, good times.

You did what?

I bullied a cross dressing kid to suicide. I put part of the his meltdown on youtube, I will link it if I can find it.

Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?
As a practicing Catholic, I do not believe the Catholic Church should accommodate gay weddings. The Catholic faith does not endorse homosexuality. It would need to be at a place of worship for a faith that condones homosexuality.

What about a church that baked cakes for profit, can they be forced to make a homo cake. So that baker should declare himself a church and then the government will leave him alone.

Hmmm. John Lott is a writer who does studies on why gun control doesn't work. If John Lott is a gun owner, does that mean he has an agenda just because he owns guns?

Hmm, there are a lot of studies from different sources on that subject.

But, Boswell seems to be a loner on the subject. If there was meat to it, more would have been involved with their studies.

I probably could have made myself a little more clear in my previous post. My apologies.

I bullied a cross dressing kid to suicide. I put part of the his meltdown on youtube, I will link it if I can find it.

Negged for even saying some stupid shit like this..

LOL at "conservatives" defending cross dressing deviants.

What you have said here today is beyond the scope of disgusting and that you laughed about it, shows me just how fucking nutty you are.. I want NOTHING to do with you or anyone who claims they harm someone to the point of suicide, then comes on a public forum laughing and boasting about it. GO FUCK YOURSELF and stay the FUCK OFF of my radar.

I think he's a progressive posing as a conservative.

They think this sort of stuff is funny.

Forum List

Back