Skepticism with an Open Mind

I believe the concept of having an open mind with skepticism is lost on most people. Most people seem to argue that any mind not empty is closed. It's how conspiracy theories are so easily able to take root.

LOL

1716303551726.png

I believe the concept of having an open mind with skepticism is lost on most people. Most people seem to argue that any mind not empty is closed. It's how conspiracy theories are so easily able to take root.
Funny how almost all the conspiracy theories turned out to be true.

I wouldn't dignify the "official story" by calling the opposition conspiracy. It was people asking valid questions that were dismissed out of hand.
Of course, which Taz would then toss into the CT pile.

Virtually every thread that was tossed in to CT turned out to be true.

That's what I as referring to.

Poor dainty hasn't got a brain cell in his head that is functional so he believes every lie the government tells him.

He's an obedient little monkey.

Not sure why some people have such difficulty with discussing having an open mind and the role skepticism should play in critical thinking.

Dante' probably still thinks Russia halped Trump win the 2016 election. . and is still bleeving hooomans are causing the weather to be bad. That whole sustainable energy hoax? :rolleyes:

. . . and everything that they told us about COVID.

Dante' reads and watches billionaire media, and then starts a thread telling us why he resorts to ad hom fallacies when folks don't have any sympathy with his cognitive dissonance.

:auiqs.jpg:

1716304312533.png

1716304613319.png

1716304663253.png

Love the responses here...
8qml8b.jpg

I've never heard anyone argue that any mind not empty is closed. Also, having both an open mind and skepticism should allow people to investigate the possibility that some conspiracy theories may be true or at least partly true.

I've never heard anyone argue that any mind not empty is closed. Also, having both an open mind and skepticism should allow people to investigate the possibility that some conspiracy theories may be true or at least partly true.
Do you have any idea what you are responding to?

Almost every time a person demands another have an open mind, they really mean an empty mind they want to fill with nonsense. Skepticism is an insurance policy and by inference cannot exist in an empty mind.People like you desire a mind be empty, because skepticism is a barrier to bullshit.

Do you have any idea what you are responding to?

Almost every time a person demands another have an open mind, they really mean an empty mind they want to fill with nonsense. Skepticism is an insurance policy and by inference cannot exist in an empty mind.People like you desire a mind be empty, because skepticism is a barrier to bullshit.
I responded to the words in your opening post. You obviously have no clue what I "really mean".

I responded to the words in your opening post. You obviously have no clue what I "really mean".
I know what you think you meant. But...

You have this terrible habit (common here with Magadonians), of responding to what your warped mind has you thinking you've read, as opposed to what has actually been posted.

this reminds me of the scene here and the people here:

Satoshi Nakamoto published a white paper explaining the basics of Bitcoin,

The mystery of Bitcoin’s creation seems likely to endure. One morning, in the final stretch of COPA v. Wright, a blond man in a baseball cap shuffled into the gallery, taking a seat among a group of reporters before striking up conversation. At first, he revealed little about himself, other than his devotion to personal security. A back brace he had started wearing after a motorcycle accident served as a convenient “stab vest,” he explained — no knife could penetrate it. For supplemental protection, he had reinforced the lining of his hat with plastic, which he planned to upgrade to Kevlar.

But why had he shown up to Dr. Wright’s trial? He leaned in to whisper a secret: He was the real Satoshi Nakamoto.

You've never really ever heard anyone argue anything, because what you hear and what is actually said are usually two very different things. You post as if your a talking head on a cable news infotainment program posing as a news show.

You've never really ever heard anyone argue anything, because what you hear and what is actually said are usually two very different things. You post as if your a talking head on a cable news infotainment program posing as a news show.
Trolls will troll!...

Forum List

Back