Should child rapists and murderers be afforded 8th Amendment protection?

The day we start picking and choosing who gets the protection of the US Constitution is the day we may as well throw it out.......
What? So what day was that? Was it in 1789 or 1790? You're not really telling me you don't believe "picking and choosing" who benefits from the Constitution hasn't been in effect from day one.
Go back to sleep. :bigbed:

If it is done, it goes against the US Constitution. That happens, I have no doubt. But if we make an example of murderers and child rapists by saying they do not get 8th amendment rights, what other constitutionally guaranteed rights to we suspend?

And if the 8th amendment rights are suspended where excessive bail is concerned, doesn't that throw out the idea that you are innocent until proven guilty?

I am wide awake. And the US Constitution provides guaranteed rights for every US citizen until they are found guilty in a court of law.
It sounds like you're standing up for child rapists and murderers. Dreadful.

I am in no way standing up for murderers or child rapists. I am standing up for the US Constitution.

The day we start picking and choosing who gets the protection of the US Constitution is the day we may as well throw it out.......
What? So what day was that? Was it in 1789 or 1790? You're not really telling me you don't believe "picking and choosing" who benefits from the Constitution hasn't been in effect from day one.
Go back to sleep. :bigbed:

If it is done, it goes against the US Constitution. That happens, I have no doubt. But if we make an example of murderers and child rapists by saying they do not get 8th amendment rights, what other constitutionally guaranteed rights to we suspend?

And if the 8th amendment rights are suspended where excessive bail is concerned, doesn't that throw out the idea that you are innocent until proven guilty?

I am wide awake. And the US Constitution provides guaranteed rights for every US citizen until they are found guilty in a court of law.
It sounds like you're standing up for child rapists and murderers. Dreadful.

I am in no way standing up for murderers or child rapists. I am standing up for the US Constitution.
Thank you.

Forum List

Back