Reparations and the Equal Protection Clause

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
I'm reading some crazy posts about how reparations are unconstitutional because they violate the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment. Never mind that reparations are paid nearly daily,

Now that the issue is being advocated by blacks, the usual same sorry segment of the white community seeks excuses as to why blacks can't get reparations.

The equal protection clause took effect in 1866. Reparations have been paid since that date. So what is the equal protection clause?

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Now given our history, I would like somebody white to explain to me how reparations violates the equal protection clause as opposed to doing exactly what the equal protection clause was intended to do.

I'm reading some crazy posts about how reparations are unconstitutional because they violate the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment. Never mind that reparations are paid nearly daily,

Now that the issue is being advocated by blacks, the usual same sorry segment of the white community seeks excuses as to why blacks can't get reparations.

The equal protection clause took effect in 1866. Reparations have been paid since that date. So what is the equal protection clause?

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Now given our history, I would like somebody white to explain to me how reparations violates the equal protection clause as opposed to doing exactly what the equal protection clause was intended to do.
None of you bastards were slaves. You don't deserve anything but prison. I mean how many free Cadillacs do you need?

Any person regardless of race or gender who can prove they were held in slavery should be given their 40 acres and a mule. It's only fair.

Any person regardless of race or gender who can prove they were held in slavery should be given their 40 acres and a mule. It's only fair.
Except Reparations aren't just for slavery. Now explain how reparations violates the equal protection clause.

Except Reparations aren't just for slavery. Now explain how reparations violates the equal protection clause.

I thought reparations were all about slavery. If not why do only black people qualify for them?

Farmers. Fishermen. People who’ve lost bank accounts or pensions. People who’ve had a bad reaction to a COVID vaccine. People who’ve had a reaction to any other vaccine. Indigenous people. Veterans. Descendants of veterans. People who get hurt on the job. People who built nuclear bombs. People exposed to pesticides. Coal miners who get black lung disease. People who lose paychecks or homes from floods, droughts, or other natural disasters. People who are impacted by trade agreements.

So blacks already get reparations, great, problem solved.

Next.

I thought reparations were all about slavery. If not why do only black people qualify for them?
Reparations are not just for slavery and blacks aren't the only people who have ever received reparations. Apparently you've spent time listening to white race hustlers. Do some research.

"Reparations" are based on skin color, obviously that is racist.

Thought we were supposed to be moving away from racism.

Are blacks not included on the lists in link?

What do these imaginary reparation cover, your hurt feels? Racist maths? Were you a slave?
Since reparations are not just for slavery, go do some research, then come back and explain how reparations violate the equal protection clause.

"Reparations" are based on skin color, obviously that is racist.

Thought we were supposed to be moving away from racism.

Are blacks not included on the lists in link?
No, reparations aren't based on skin color, but the human rights violations sufferred by blacks were. Moving away from racism means fixxing the damage and inequality caused by racism.

OP: How were you affected by slavery that ended 160 years ago? Why do you deserve money for something you never experienced?
Reparations are not just for slavery. Now people were asked to explain how reparations violated the equal protection clause. Can you do that? If not, leave.

I
[

Well for starters is morally wrong to give anything to goddamn Negroes that they didn't earn by actually working.

Farmers. Fishermen. People who’ve lost bank accounts or pensions. People who’ve had a bad reaction to a COVID vaccine. People who’ve had a reaction to any other vaccine. Indigenous people. Veterans. Descendants of veterans. People who get hurt on the job. People who built nuclear bombs. People exposed to pesticides. Coal miners who get black lung disease. People who lose paychecks or homes from floods, droughts, or other natural disasters. People who are impacted by trade agreements.

So blacks already get reparations, great, problem solved.

Next.
Wrong.

Forum List

Back