Should C*nt be Removed from Word Filter?

Should c*nt be removed from the word filter?

• yes

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • no

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ooooooh come on. why don't you all kiss and make up?

(inster Otter from Animal House)

Ladies and Gentlemen.... We don't always agree. so what. We don't always post respectfully at each other. oh well. It's pretty ridiculous to "hate" someone based off of interaction on a message board. First, the medium is conversationally flat. You don't get the benefit of discerning the emotion behind what you are reading. Dry humor goes unlaughed at, tongue-in-cheek becomes instant sarcasm. Second, we are not here to make friends with like minded people about politics. Imo, the greatest selling feature of this site is the range of opposing opinions. It's not fun to automatically be praised by people who agree all the time. Instead, we pos rep when we agree on things and tell others how they are stupid bastards when we disagree. We all fall on this spectrum, from those like Baron VonBigmeat (hilarious name) who sticks to the economics topics to, well, myself, who seems to have a self righteous opinion about everything. And finally, given the nature of the internet, we get to occasionally be less civilized than we otherwise are. Regardless, something as strong as hate is a lil bit much. Even after three hundred hilarious ripostes i'd probably buy any of you a beer in real life.

(now, a little Bluto)

And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... [thinks hard] the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! [runs out, alone; then returns] What the fuck happened to the Political Forums - US Message Board and World Politics with History I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Shogun, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer -

otter2.jpg

I voted yes. I rarely utilize the word. For some reason I just can't get it to flow like my other vulgarities. But I'd like to keep my options open just in case the opportunity arises.

If it were up to me, no vulgarities would be used by anyone to discuss political differences...

but I would not support censoring.... mostly because of what Ravi said, no special treatment for women type thing....

I truely do not understand why anyone even needs to curse or use vulgarities to express their opinions or to debate an issue? I seriously doubt that they would be used in person if debating with an opponent....

Care

If it were up to me, no vulgarities would be used by anyone to discuss political differences...

but I would not support censoring.... mostly because of what Ravi said, no special treatment for women type thing....

I truely do not understand why anyone even needs to curse or use vulgarities to express their opinions or to debate an issue? I seriously doubt that they would be used in person if debating with an opponent....

Care

A lot more then vulgarities would not be used. Some of the ignorant claims and statements would vanish as well. Especially the partisans ones with no basis in fact other than party loyalty. This medium is flat. One must do what one can to properly express themselves in manner that is clearer to the person or people being talked to.

I say remove it, remove the entire word filter. People are just going to misspell their way around it and if we must have vulgarity, at least we don't have to be offended by atrocious spelling.

Censorship only serves to empower hate speech and to erode free speech.

As for the chivalrous and/or sexist men on board who wish to keep the the word banned, I appreciate your noble attitude towards women but I'd much prefer you let us have a president instead.

I say remove it, remove the entire word filter. People are just going to misspell their way around it and if we must have vulgarity, at least we don't have to be offended by atrocious spelling.

As for the chivalrous and/or sexist men on board who wish to keep the the word banned, I appreciate your noble attitude towards women but I'd much prefer you let us have a president instead.

"let us have president"

Don't be a ****. How can men "let" you have a female president ?

Yes we should elect our President because of Sex or race. Isn't that the argument AGAINST white men being elected always

this from a man who named himself "goldmember"? :confused:

Gold Member is based on a previous owners donations received.. There were different levels of membership. Quite a few of us have it, if we choose to get rid of our taglines.

I don't think women need special protection from a word.

:eusa_clap:

i never use that word, but i would never want to censor anyone either... it's nice when people stand up against the use of such vulgarity toward women, but ravi is right. and i agree with whoever said it only empowers the term to create a special protection against it. so i'm going to vote yes and then i'm still never going to use the word anyway... even with a "k"! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back