Should C*nt be Removed from Word Filter?

Should c*nt be removed from the word filter?

• yes

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • no

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eusa_clap:

i never use that word, but i would never want to censor anyone either... it's nice when people stand up against the use of such vulgarity toward women, but ravi is right. and i agree with whoever said it only empowers the term to create a special protection against it. so i'm going to vote yes and then i'm still never going to use the word anyway... even with a "k"! lol

Stick around, Glori...Ravi is always right.

;)

LOL :rofl: honestly i didn't know, but i suspected as much... i just couldn't give up the opportunity for a good laugh! :redface:

Laughing is the best medicine. I see it as my duty to use humor from time to time lest we all take ourselves too seriously.:)

Last edited:
I say remove it, remove the entire word filter. People are just going to misspell their way around it and if we must have vulgarity, at least we don't have to be offended by atrocious spelling.

Censorship only serves to empower hate speech and to erode free speech.

As for the chivalrous and/or sexist men on board who wish to keep the the word banned, I appreciate your noble attitude towards women but I'd much prefer you let us have a president instead.

A couple of things ...

1. This is a privately owned message board. You have no right to freedom of speech. The privilege begins and ends with the site owner's desires.

2. Censorship, strictly defined for the purposes of this topic serves to REMOVE rather than empower hate speech. As previously mentioned, when enforced, the rule was any attempts at misspelling one's way around a censored word would get you banned.

3. Women don't deserve a President. Blacks don't deserve a President. "We the People" deserve a President rather than being forced to choose between Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee.

Before anyone starts squealing "foul" (ahem - manifold) I was asked by a member to change their vote.:eusa_eh:

I'll cop to asking for my vote to being changed. I accidentally voted 'no' when I read the question incorrectly. I dont think the word is any different than all the other vile words out there.

I voted "no," it should not be removed from the filter.

I like how unfiltered this board is, but I find it strangely charming to have one off-limits word, kind of like finding a sliver of etiquette among a barbarian tribe, or an exception to a spelling rule.

And I think that word is a good candidate for this symbolic banning (and it really is only symbolic since the full "don't dance around the filter" rules aren't being enforced). I have heard nearly every vulgar/hateful word out there used in a friendly, joshing manner in some instances. Not that one, though; every single time I've heard it said to or about someone, it was clearly meant to be hurtful and/or hateful. Every time I've heard it used to refer the bit of anatomy that it actually denotes, it was clearly meant to be purely licentious and/or shockingly vulgar.

It epitomizes the kinds of words a civil message board proprietor would want to ban. It is an excellent effigy to toss to the filter.

Gold Member is based on a previous owners donations received.. There were different levels of membership. Quite a few of us have it, if we choose to get rid of our taglines.

At least you can. I don't know why, but that module to input your tag line is gone in my control panel. I asked Gunny about it a long time ago and he couldn't figure out why it was missing. Maybe the new owner can?

Back on topic, I voted yes. I don't c*nt is any worse than fuck. As a matter of fact, I don't think it's as bad. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back