Should C*nt be Removed from Word Filter?

Should c*nt be removed from the word filter?

• yes

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • no

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you can. I don't know why, but that module to input your tag line is gone in my control panel. I asked Gunny about it a long time ago and he couldn't figure out why it was missing. Maybe the new owner can?

Back on topic, I voted yes. I don't c*nt is any worse than fuck. As a matter of fact, I don't think it's as bad. Just my opinion.

Don't feel bad.. You all have the option to turn your rep on/off, and I don't. :)

Fuck is okay. Fuck is a verb, “to fuck”. You can fuck, you can fuck up, you can fuck off, you can fuck around. Something might be worth sweet fuck all, or it might be fucked. Fuck is a very useful word, a great descriptor.

**** is only ever going to be an insult. He's a ****, she's a ****,what a ****, this is a ****.

Keep it filtered.

Fuck is okay. Fuck is a verb, “to fuck”. You can fuck, you can fuck up, you can fuck off, you can fuck around. Something might be worth sweet fuck all, or it might be fucked. Fuck is a very useful word, a great descriptor.

**** is only ever going to be an insult. He's a ****, she's a ****,what a ****, this is a ****.

Keep it filtered.

So you can not say... She has a C*nt? I enjoy fucking C*nt? or a slew of other vulgar but not insulting comments? Get a grip.

I voted "no," it should not be removed from the filter.

I like how unfiltered this board is, but I find it strangely charming to have one off-limits word, kind of like finding a sliver of etiquette among a barbarian tribe, or an exception to a spelling rule.

And I think that word is a good candidate for this symbolic banning (and it really is only symbolic since the full "don't dance around the filter" rules aren't being enforced). I have heard nearly every vulgar/hateful word out there used in a friendly, joshing manner in some instances. Not that one, though; every single time I've heard it said to or about someone, it was clearly meant to be hurtful and/or hateful. Every time I've heard it used to refer the bit of anatomy that it actually denotes, it was clearly meant to be purely licentious and/or shockingly vulgar.

It epitomizes the kinds of words a civil message board proprietor would want to ban. It is an excellent effigy to toss to the filter.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about your post seems sexist.

:eusa_think:

A couple of things ...

1. This is a privately owned message board. You have no right to freedom of speech. The privilege begins and ends with the site owner's desires.

2. Censorship, strictly defined for the purposes of this topic serves to REMOVE rather than empower hate speech. As previously mentioned, when enforced, the rule was any attempts at misspelling one's way around a censored word would get you banned.

3. Women don't deserve a President. Blacks don't deserve a President. "We the People" deserve a President rather than being forced to choose between Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee.

Sargeant Gumballs, my statement about free speech was in a separate paragraph and was about censorship in general, not about some presumed right to free speech at USMB. Did you not see my post in some other thread about how no one here owns a thread, they are all owned by USMB's owner? I am fully cognizant that we are all guests here so no need to get all huffy with me like some puffed up doorman.

That's great that the rule meant anyone using creative spelling would still be banned but how can you guys. as vigilant as you are, possibly keep up with every post in timely fashion?

Yeah, I agree that we the people, etc. I mostly said that about preferring men would show respect for women by getting over their fear of having one as president rather than show it by being prissy about a silly word to get a reaction. But I am a little pissed that the country hasn't progressed as much as I thought it had.
Thurber-733704.jpg

Keep it filtered.

"Fuck" is a great word. It's got just the right sound and is so satisfying to say. It's pronounced right there at the front of your mouth. Nothing cowardly about "fuck'.

C*** is disappointingly dull sounding. It hides in the back of the throat and has no pizzazz. It's a miserly word. Women deserve a flashier insult. ;)

Sargeant Gumballs, my statement about free speech was in a separate paragraph and was about censorship in general, not about some presumed right to free speech at USMB. Did you not see my post in some other thread about how no one here owns a thread, they are all owned by USMB's owner? I am fully cognizant that we are all guests here so no need to get all huffy with me like some puffed up doorman.

That's great that the rule meant anyone using creative spelling would still be banned but how can you guys. as vigilant as you are, possibly keep up with every post in timely fashion?

Yeah, I agree that we the people, etc. I mostly said that about preferring men would show respect for women by getting over their fear of having one as president rather than show it by being prissy about a silly word to get a reaction. But I am a little pissed that the country hasn't progressed as much as I thought it had.
Thurber-733704.jpg

Feel all special now that you have run off at the suck?

If you want to address FOS as it pertains to something other than the topic of this thread feel free. But don't get your panties in a wad and all butthurt when your comment is read as pertaining to this thread since it IS in this thread and you don't bother to explain that you're just preaching to hear your tongue rattle against the roof of your mouth rather than addressing the topic.

Sorry, but based on your posts, it is NOT obvious that you are fully cognizant of anything, and far be it from ME to assume what you do or don't know.

I have not stated, nor do I intend to state that "us guys" can keep up with each and every post in a timely manner. That of course applies to ALL rules violations, so the situation would not be changed one way or the other.

Voting a woman into office is neither an indicator of respect, nor show fear nor a lack thereof of having a woman as President.

You can take your extremist feminism though, roll it up real tight, and stick it for all I care. Respecting women for being women does not require relegating them to second class status. People where I'm from still have that little thing called "manners." Perhaps you've heard of it?

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about your post seems sexist.

:eusa_think:

It's got that tiny tad of sexism that makes it sexy.

I don't want the word banned but Abelian Sea's delightful prose almost convinced me I did.

"I like how unfiltered this board is, but I find it strangely charming to have one off-limits word, kind of like finding a sliver of etiquette among a barbarian tribe, or an exception to a spelling rule." - Abelian Sea

You said in another thread, "Women do call each other that, probably in the same way blacks call each other the n word. If you don't know why they do it, I can't help you understand."

http://www.usmessageboard.com/699081-post75.html

What do you mean by that? I know of different reasons why blacks call blacks ******, so I'm not sure what way you say women drop the c bomb on each other.

It's got that tiny tad of sexism that makes it sexy.

I don't want the word banned but Abelian Sea's delightful prose almost convinced me I did.

"I like how unfiltered this board is, but I find it strangely charming to have one off-limits word, kind of like finding a sliver of etiquette among a barbarian tribe, or an exception to a spelling rule." - Abelian Sea

You said in another thread, "Women do call each other that, probably in the same way blacks call each other the n word. If you don't know why they do it, I can't help you understand."

http://www.usmessageboard.com/699081-post75.html

What do you mean by that? I know of different reasons why blacks call blacks ******, so I'm not sure what way you say women drop the c bomb on each other.

When you own the word, you lessen the sting. Remember when it was a grave insult to be called a bitch?

"Fuck" is a great word. It's got just the right sound and is so satisfying to say. It's pronounced right there at the front of your mouth. Nothing cowardly about "fuck'.

C*** is disappointingly dull sounding. It hides in the back of the throat and has no pizzazz. It's a miserly word. Women deserve a flashier insult. ;)

Whatever you say you bleedin twat! ;)

Feel all special now that you have run off at the suck?

If you want to address FOS as it pertains to something other than the topic of this thread feel free. But don't get your panties in a wad and all butthurt when your comment is read as pertaining to this thread since it IS in this thread and you don't bother to explain that you're just preaching to hear your tongue rattle against the roof of your mouth rather than addressing the topic.

Sorry, but based on your posts, it is NOT obvious that you are fully cognizant of anything, and far be it from ME to assume what you do or don't know.

I have not stated, nor do I intend to state that "us guys" can keep up with each and every post in a timely manner. That of course applies to ALL rules violations, so the situation would not be changed one way or the other.

Voting a woman into office is neither an indicator of respect, nor show fear nor a lack thereof of having a woman as President.

You can take your extremist feminism though, roll it up real tight, and stick it for all I care. Respecting women for being women does not require relegating them to second class status. People where I'm from still have that little thing called "manners." Perhaps you've heard of it?

Mr. Manners, what does run off at the suck mean? I've never heard that before.

Never heard "guero' either. It's good to learn these things. I'm going to ask my Mexican-American friend from Corpus Christi about it.

When you own the word, you lessen the sting. Remember when it was a grave insult to be called a bitch?

I see.

But bitch was never as taboo as c*** since dog breeders use it in a neutral manner.

Mr. Manners, what does run off at the suck mean? I've never heard that before.

Never heard "guero' either. It's good to learn these things. I'm going to ask my Mexican-American friend from Corpus Christi about it.

Running off at the suck = running your mouth.

Ask who you like about the word. Obviously the fact that I speak Spanish and work daily with Mexicans doesn't count anywhere near the opinions of some dumbass broads with bigass opinions of their tiny intellects.

Ask who you like about the word. Obviously the fact that I speak Spanish and work daily with Mexicans doesn't count anywhere near the opinions of some dumbass broads with bigass opinions of their tiny intellects.

Poor Gunny seems to be having a meltdown.

Güero
For other uses, please see: Güero (disambiguation)Güero (Alternatively spelled Guero or Huero pron. IPA ['wero] sounds like "Wher-roh" in English) is a Spanish slang demonym for a light-skinned person, commonly directed to a non-Hispanic white American; however, it can also be directed to Latinos with lighter complexions. Depending on its usage, the word can be considered pejorative, but is also found as a common term of endearment. For example: "¿Qué onda, Güero?". (In English, "What's up, white boy?")
Guero | English | Dictionary & Translation by Babylon

"Running off at the suck".

It sounds so quaintly Edwardian.

I also think Freud would say it contains Oedipal overtones.

Hey, why so defensive? I wasn't questioning your knowledge, I was thanking you for teaching me a new word that I can bring up as a topic of conversation with my friend. Grassy ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back