CDZ Should bump stocks be legal?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Toronado3800, Oct 3, 2017.

1. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,708
    First of all -- I agree with you. Secondly, quit being so fucking dramatic. As many folks have told you -- a 500 round CAPACITY is not really legal or practical on an AR.

The "bump fire" trick was known in the Old West with certain rifles using the laws of physics to reload and fire. It's not real new. It's like looking super bad by starting a chain saw by dropping it by the cord..

Second -- the MORONS at the ATF probably never actually fired one when they declared it LEGAL in 2010. That's just the general INCOMPETENCE and lack of motivation the Swamp is known for.. Blame THEM for the additional deaths in Las Vegas.

Third -- by many state laws about mag capacity, you couldn't even legally test or toy with this.

But PERSONALLY -- I think for the pro-gun folks to keep a PRINCIPLED STAND on where "the line" drawn -- "semi-automatic" needs to REMAIN "semi-automatic".. That's why I oppose this the same as any already illegal mods to legal rifles...

Now -- you gotta get ATF and the current leadership to get on the right side.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  2. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    According to who? Bushmaster, a (the? not sure, doesn't matter) manufacturer of the AR-15, seems to disagree with your statement. Do you propose to know more about the AR than them?

Or you are wanting the ability to defend yourself from, oh, I don't know, a tyrannical government, for example. I am not suggesting that is a real threat today in the U.S., however, can you name just one society that has descended into tyranny with a well armed populace, capable of defending itself?

There does seem to be a fundamental difference in the way government is viewed here as well. Some seem to believe the government is there to keep us "in line". I see it the other way around. WE are there to keep the government "in line". The moment the government no longer fears the populace, is the moment we start to lose our rights, liberties, and freedom.

3. Humorme

Humorme Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +271
    You should definitely be able to purchase a bump fire stock.

Nobody says squat if you soup up your car to do twice the legally posted speed limit and go out and buy 24 cans of beer at one time. It's AFTER you mow down a few people in a DUI incident that the people become concerned. How can lives lost via a DUI be any less valuable than lives lost due to firearms?

Sensible people realize that if a drunk driver mows your loved ones down, it's not the car that is at fault. How come you suppose those same people won't realize that the gun is not at fault.

I said many times that the ONLY people committing mass shootings are those who are political jihadists and those on a schedule of drugs called SSRIs. Paddock was on SSRIs... and THAT is where you should place your concerns.

4. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    Good point. If it is, indeed the guns' fault then no one should be in prison for shooting someone, or even shooting at someone. That is, obviously, ridiculous. No, it is not the fault of the gun, the gun maker, the hotel (or whatever venue), failings of the police (ok, maybe that one), or any other of the host of "scapegoats" people like to use. It is the responsibility of the perpetrator, solely and wholly.

5. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,708
    And YET -- you can't roll to the store in a track ready Indy/Nascar/NHRA vehicle to GET the brewskies. Can ya?

This is a "line" to draw between folks who appreciate high performance and feel the need and morons who don't like your choices.

I'm a staunch Civil Liberties guy. Top 1%. But the pain and misery from dealing with the naggers require these "lines". And the line that works for gun control is AUTOMATIC FIRE vs Semi-Auto.

You push past that line and the number of opposing morons goes up exponentially. BTW -- works in reverse for leftist desires as well on all their issues. Don't think that pedophilia and polygamy are part of "diversity" for example. That's part of the TOLERANCE that allows morons to placate opposing morons in a free country..

6. Humorme

Humorme Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +271
    Nice try, but your analogy doesn't work. A bump stock does not make a firearm a fully automatic no more than painting your souped up car into an Indy performer.

Secondly, your analogy doesn't work because military arms are the most protected weapons under the Second Amendment - so the laws they have in place now are unconstitutional over-kill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,311
    You can bump fire without any external devices whatsoever.

Maybe we should make fingers and thumbs illegal too

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  8. Vastator

Vastator Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,535
    Ups has delivered! I tried to warn you guys to get out ahead of this... You snooze, you lose.

9. Humorme

Humorme Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +271
    In the instant case, it should be remembered that EVERY mass shooter is a political jihadist and / or on a schedule of drugs called SSRIs. Trump took the initiative to try and ban people from Muslim countries since the Islamic terrorists have, for all intents and purposes, declared war against the American people.

With respect to SSRIs, the known side effects are suicidal and homicidal tendencies. While ISIS claims credit for radicalizing Stephen Paddock, WND News is claiming that the culprit is mind altering "legal" drugs... as I have predicted all along:

Paddock prescribed drug linked to violent outbursts

We could and should hold doctors and Big Pharma accountable in this instance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,708
    From what I've seen, this "trick" puts the weapon into the same general rate of fire --- IF you control the weapon and you are practiced at it and you TUNE the stock. Not anything that makes the weapon more precise tho. So you can spray like a Jihadi or stay semi-auto and get the same controlled bursts as a military weapon is GENERALLY used.

Asking for MORE in terms of firepower is a great ideal. It would work in a country where 60% of the adult population hasn't been on Prozac and is disciplined enough for the responsibility. That's NOT where this society is heading. I'm with you in spirit -- but in REALVILLE -- we have too many morons to GET more out this Amendment.