CDZ Should bump stocks be legal?

You can bump fire without any external devices whatsoever.

Maybe we should make fingers and thumbs illegal too
How well d
What if I said I'd give you an AR with a 30-round magazine and bump stock, and I'd stand 330 yards away and let you shoot at me.

I get 4 shots with an .06 at that distance. I am armed as well. Who do think will win the shootout?
and if you are standing in the middle of a crowd of 20,000 people, people will get shot. It doesn't take a marksman to hit random people in a large crowd.
Well enough to spray a lot of rounds into a crowd

View attachment 152537

Other than massacring innocent people there is no reason to have this level of firepower
what kind of car do you own?

What size house do you live in?

What kind of pet do you have?

Why don't you have a bigger, fancier, or more exotic one?

There are many restrictions on the car I own to make it safer. I am not allowed to drive drunk and must be licensed, insured and wear a seat belt
My house is limited by local zoning and safety laws
I am restricted in the type of pet I can own......I am not allowed to own a tiger

These guns have no application in civilian use other than to massacre as many people as you can in a short period of time

You're require by law to wear a seat belt, have insurance, have a license and do not drive under the influence but there are some that disobey the law and drive drunk without a license that has been suspended while having no insurance and not wearing seat belt that have killed people, so how well did those laws work?

As for housing and zoning and safety laws, well people have died in fires where people did not obey the law once again.

Also you can own a pet tiger if you meet the requirements in most states.

So as you can see anything can be improperly used to kill and harm someone but gun goes bang bang so it must be banned...

So you are saying.......We shouldn't have laws because people will break them anyway?

Should we drop laws against murder and rape because people do it anyway?

My point is...We don't have to make life easier for criminals
Laws against bump stocks and high capacity magazines will dry up the market and make them harder to obtain. You can arrest someone found in possession or found selling them
Won't make it impossible to get one....just harder

How well d
What if I said I'd give you an AR with a 30-round magazine and bump stock, and I'd stand 330 yards away and let you shoot at me.

I get 4 shots with an .06 at that distance. I am armed as well. Who do think will win the shootout?
and if you are standing in the middle of a crowd of 20,000 people, people will get shot. It doesn't take a marksman to hit random people in a large crowd.

From 330 yards. Mmhmm.

That's 3 football fields plus long.

A human would look less than an inch high with the naked eye.

Enter the scope factor, most of the weapons had scopes, right?

No one man dialed in scopes for 23 weapons within 4 months. Let alone the 330-yard factor, because most scopes are zeroed at 100 yards.

There are many restrictions on the car I own to make it safer. I am not allowed to drive drunk and must be licensed, insured and wear a seat belt
I am restricted in the type of pet I can own......I am not allowed to own a tiger

These guns have no application in civilian use other than to massacre as many people as you can in a short period of time
There are many restrictions on the car I own to make it safer.

and even more in the manufacture and selling of firearms

Not allowed to move? limited in what way?

Can't put on additions, paint it, etc?

I am not allowed to own a tiger

Why not?

no, there are multiple uses, you just ignore the ones that don't fit your agenda

Name a practical use of an AR-15 that has been modified to shoot 500 rounds per minute?
name the practical use of a car that's been modified to travel at 200 mph

I don't know.....but not to massacre a classroom full of six year olds or 59 concert goers

Tell me what did Tim McVeigh use to kill all those innocent people with and what about those Hijackers or how about France?

It seem Boxcutters, Planes and Trucks are more dangerous, so can I have them ban please?

Of course not because to you those weapons are not dangerous at all but firearm goes bang bang so it must be ban!

After McVeigh we made it a lot harder to buy large quantities of fertilizer. Anyone attempting to buy or acting suspicious gets reported to police

Yes...I understand your point
There are other ways to kill people

But if two thirds of murders involve guns and the other third involves knives, baseball bats, pickup trucks, lampshade cords ...
Your best course of action is to concentrate on guns

If baseball bats become the leading tool in murder in two thirds of all murders...then we need to concentrate on baseball bats

View attachment 152537

Other than massacring innocent people there is no reason to have this level of firepower

You're require by law to wear a seat belt, have insurance, have a license and do not drive under the influence but there are some that disobey the law and drive drunk without a license that has been suspended while having no insurance and not wearing seat belt that have killed people, so how well did those laws work?

As for housing and zoning and safety laws, well people have died in fires where people did not obey the law once again.

So as you can see anything can be improperly used to kill and harm someone but gun goes bang bang so it must be banned...

So you are saying.......We shouldn't have laws because people will break them anyway?

Laws against bump stocks and high capacity magazines will dry up the market and make them harder to obtain. You can arrest someone found in possession or found selling them

No he is saying that laws do not stop crime.

All laws do is state the illegal activity and lay out the punishment if one is convicted in court.

Our problem is we have too many laws and not enough punishment for breaking them. In fact charges are dropped and/or pleaded down so that violent criminals do not stay off the streets.

No law is ever going to stop ALL crime or even most crime.

Here are some interesting numbers.

.005% of the population annually are murder victims.
We know that a smaller percentage of the population commits murder.

1% of the .005% of people who are murdered or .00005% of the population are murdered in mass shootings.

Is that even statistically significant?

How well d

From 330 yards. Mmhmm.

No one man dialed in scopes for 23 weapons within 4 months. Let alone the 330-yard factor, because most scopes are zeroed at 100 yards.

He doesn't need a scope to pick out a single person and place a shot between his eyes

He needs the scope to pick out the densest groups of people and fire his bursts into those groups

How well d

From 330 yards. Mmhmm.

He doesn't need a scope to pick out a single person and place a shot between his eyes

He needs the scope to pick out the densest groups of people and fire his bursts into those groups

Um no.

A scope is for accurate long range shots.
You do not need a scope to spray bullets into a crowd

View attachment 152537

Throw more people in jail because of something you fear!!!

I have a better chance of dying in a automobile accident than dying at the hands of a mass shooter with bump stocks.

Also look at all the drug laws, and laws against driving under the influence and thank God people obey them or our criminal system would have a lot of those that break those laws in jail...

( sarcasm )

Banning something is not going to make it harder for people to get. That is just another illusion and illegal drugs prove my point.

Hell it was illegal to obtain booze for a period of time and there was a Constitutional Amendment and how well did that work out?

My point?

If there is a market then people will buy the product illegally no matter what the law says.

Also it is Illegal to convert a Semi-automatic weapons to fully automatic and guess what?

Criminals do not care.

Enforce the laws on the books first and live!

How well d

From 330 yards. Mmhmm.

Um no.

A scope is for accurate long range shots.
You do not need a scope to spray bullets into a crowd

Very true...he did not need accuracy
But at 300 yards a scope can help you look at the crowd and find where your best target opportunities are
After that, you just need to spray within a 30 yard radius

View attachment 152537

I have a better chance of dying in a automobile accident than dying at the hands of a mass shooter with bump stocks.

Also look at all the drug laws, and laws against driving under the influence and thank God people obey them or our criminal system would have a lot of those that break those laws in jail...

( sarcasm )

Banning something is not going to make it harder for people to get. That is just another illusion and illegal drugs prove my point.

Hell it was illegal to obtain booze for a period of time and there was a Constitutional Amendment and how well did that work out?

My point?

If there is a market then people will buy the product illegally no matter what the law says.

Also it is Illegal to convert a Semi-automatic weapons to fully automatic and guess what?

Criminals do not care.

Which laws on the books prevent you from purchasing an assault rifle, 100 round magazine and a bump stock?

how about pressure cookers
Sorry, you mist not have seen my post above.

This is a logic fallacy. If I have two broken toilets in my house but can only afford or have the time to fix one, should I fix it?

Yeah, if you wanna debate what the hardware store should do if I buy propane, a pressure cooker, a bag of marbles and a remote detonator that is a valid concern.

Do you think the regulations om automatic rifles needs a rounds per minute line added apparently? Or revoked or what?

( sarcasm )

My point?

Criminals do not care.

Which laws on the books prevent you from purchasing an assault rifle, 100 round magazine and a bump stock?

Many states have magazine limits.

you might want to find that out before you post

( sarcasm )

My point?

Criminals do not care.

Assault Rifle or Assault Weapon?

To own a fully automatic firearm requires Federal Permit where an assault weapon that is semi-automatic depend on state requirements.

Also banning the clip size or bump stocks will not prevent someone from modifying their firearm which if modified from semi to auto is against the law!

Also it is against the law to commit murder no matter with a firearm or with a truck bomb, and yet criminals do not care.

Hell drunk drivers that kill innocent people go to prison and when they get out they drive drunk again, so let get real it is the human element that is the problem in this equation.

So you already know there are laws on the books that prevent people from owning fully automatic weapons, or converting a Semi into a automatic and yet criminals do not care.

So now you want to ban bump stocks and magazines that hold what you consider too many rounds?

Well then leave it to the State level and local governments and if they deem to ban the item and the courts agree then so be it but keep the Federal Government out of it.

Certain states have laws on magazine sizes, so leave it at that level and work on each state or don't and try to make a Federal Issue out of it and discover how many people resist you because you went Federal on this issue!

Last edited:
how about pressure cookers
Sorry, you mist not have seen my post above.

This is a logic fallacy. If I have two broken toilets in my house but can only afford or have the time to fix one, should I fix it?

Yeah, if you wanna debate what the hardware store should do if I buy propane, a pressure cooker, a bag of marbles and a remote detonator that is a valid concern.

Do you think the regulations om automatic rifles needs a rounds per minute line added apparently? Or revoked or what?

Fully automatic firearms are regulated by the Federal Government and can not be sold without a Federal Permit.

So right there you have been shown your failure in this discussion.

Certain States have a Magazine Size Law for Semi-automatic weapons.

So there you learn something new.

Now tell the entire board will criminals and terrorists obey those laws?

( sarcasm )

My point?

Criminals do not care.

Nevada?

( sarcasm )

My point?

Criminals do not care.

Nevada?

DOn't don't care know look it up if you do.

( sarcasm )

My point?

Criminals do not care.

To own a fully automatic firearm requires Federal Permit where an assault weapon that is semi-automatic depend on state requirements.

Also banning the clip size or bump stocks will not prevent someone from modifying their firearm which if modified from semi to auto is against the law!

Also it is against the law to commit murder no matter with a firearm or with a truck bomb, and yet criminals do not care.

Hell drunk drivers that kill innocent people go to prison and when they get out they drive drunk again, so let get real it is the human element that is the problem in this equation.

So you already know there are laws on the books that prevent people from owning fully automatic weapons, or converting a Semi into a automatic and yet criminals do not care.

So now you want to ban bump stocks and magazines that hold what you consider too many rounds?

Well then leave it to the State level and local governments and if they deem to ban the item and the courts agree then so be it but keep the Federal Government out of it.

Certain states have laws on magazine sizes, so leave it at that level and work on each state or don't and try to make a Federal Issue out of it and discover how many people resist you because you went Federal on this issue!

Here is the problem...

We do not want automatic weapons in the hands of the general public. We saw what they do and banned them way back in the 1930s

We thought we had a clear delineation in the capabilities of semiautomatic weapons and automatic weapons

As we saw last Sunday, that delineation is now pretty vague. There are ways to raise the firing rate of semiautomatics to near automatic range.

So, if our goal is to keep automatic weapons out of the hands of the general public, what do we do?
The obvious answer is to ban modification kits. But if gun owners just laugh and say...Ha, ha...I can modify my AR-15 without a store bought kit then the solution seems to be to ban semiautomatic weapons

( sarcasm )

My point?

Criminals do not care.

Here is the problem...

We do not want automatic weapons in the hands of the general public. We saw what they do and banned them way back in the 1930s

We thought we had a clear delineation in the capabilities of semiautomatic weapons and automatic weapons

As we saw last Sunday, that delineation is now pretty vague. There are ways to raise the firing rate of semiautomatics to near automatic range.

So, if our goal is to keep automatic weapons out of the hands of the general public, what do we do?
The obvious answer is to ban modification kits. But if gun owners just laugh and say...Ha, ha...I can modify my AR-15 without a store bought kit then the solution seems to be to ban semiautomatic weapons

No modifications are necessary to bump fire a gun.
And the FACT is that it is hardly ever done even at gun ranges.

Another FACT is that murders with rifles are outnumbered by plenty of other weapons and even by fists alone.

your crusade against rifles is meaningless and will have no effect on 99% of the murders that occur every single year

( sarcasm )

My point?

Criminals do not care.

Here is the problem...

Another FACT is that murders with rifles are outnumbered by plenty of other weapons and even by fists alone.

your crusade against rifles is meaningless and will have no effect on 99% of the murders that occur every single year

( sarcasm )

My point?

Criminals do not care.

Here is the problem...

We saw on Sunday, that Paddock was able to consistently obtain high rates of fire using semiautomatic weapons
It enabled him to rain down terror on thousands of people

Much like the Tommy guns of the 1920s, we saw that was much too much power in private hands

Now, if it turns out there is no way to practically restrict the means to turn a semiautomatic to full automatic, then we need to look into ways to restrict semiautomatics

( sarcasm )

My point?

Criminals do not care.

Here is the problem...

( sarcasm )

My point?

Criminals do not care.

Here is the problem...

We saw on Sunday, that Paddock was able to consistently obtain high rates of fire using semiautomatic weapons
It enabled him to rain down terror on thousands of people

Much like the Tommy guns of the 1920s, we saw that was much too much power in private hands

Now, if it turns out there is no way to practically restrict the means to turn a semiautomatic to full automatic, then we need to look into ways to restrict semiautomatics

We disagree.

We have had semiautomatic rifles available to the public for over 100 years.
I see no reason to ban them for what is an anomaly in the history of their existence.

Forum List

Back