Shop SEARS Save SEARS

I remember this happening and if my memory serves me this was the start of the downfall of Sears Retail...

Coldwell Banker became a corporation in 1961, and went public in 1968. In 1981 it was bought by Sears, Roebuck, and became part of the Sears Financial Network.[6][7] Sears sold it to the Fremont Group, a California investment company, for $230 million in 1993.[8] It was sold to HFS Inc., later Cendant, in 1996.[9][10] When Cendant broke up in 2006, the real estate businesses were spun off as Realogy, which was sold to Apollo Management for about $7.75 billion.[11]

Coldwell Banker - Wikipedia

I have used an abused Sears over the years like a borrowed mule... Air compressors, hot water heaters, washers, dryers... If it went in a home that's is where you bought it... Tires, batteries, alignment, clothes... And the magazine rack in the bathroom always had a Sears Catalogue...

Sorry the only thing I liked about Sears was their tools and I don't need anymore tools.

Far as I am concerned Craftsman Tools has a great rep and one hell of a warrantee...

edit: wow I am getting old...

Craftsman Tools at Lowe's: Bad News for Sears Holdings

Yeah....Craftsman tools have gone to shit.
The wrenches are ok but the ratchets suck ass.

Hit up flea markets and auctions the old USA made craftsman tools are out there...you just cant beat the USA made stuff

Sorry the only thing I liked about Sears was their tools and I don't need anymore tools.

Far as I am concerned Craftsman Tools has a great rep and one hell of a warrantee...

edit: wow I am getting old...

Craftsman Tools at Lowe's: Bad News for Sears Holdings

Yeah....Craftsman tools have gone to shit.
The wrenches are ok but the ratchets suck ass.

Hit up flea markets and auctions the old USA made craftsman tools are out there...you just cant beat the USA made stuff

Yep.. the old ratchets were great!

SAM_0364edit.jpg

64710_10151578977197293_1423148372_n.png
DID I HEAR YOU SAY: WASHING MACHINES...
Wonkblog
Trump imposes tariffs on solar panels and washing machines in first major trade action of 2018

by David J. Lynch January 22
In the case of washing machines, Trump acted in response to a petition from Whirlpool, which complained about low-cost competition from rivals Samsung and LG.
The first 1.2 million washing machines imported each year will face a 20 percent tariff, with additional imports facing a 50 percent tax. Under Monday's announcement, parts also will be hit with a 50 percent tariff.
Sears.jpg Washers on Clearance 3 items

Planet Money
The Indicator
Tears For Sears
October 19, 2018
Cardiff Garcia

Sears changed the way Americans buy consumer goods, its dominance of the retail landscape lasting for nearly a century. But the competencies needed to thrive in retail changed a few decades ago, and Sears failed to adapt — losing more and more ground to its rivals Walmart and Amazon. Earlier this week, the company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Even if a version of the company does emerge from bankruptcy proceedings, the company will likely be a shell of its former self.

By the time hedge fund manager Eddie Lampert took control of Sears in 2005, it was already on a downward trajectory. Lampert's strategy for running the company has been controversial, but New York Magazine Columnist Josh Barro argues that Sears' fate may have been unavoidable. And in any case, Josh says, we should be celebrating the valuable contributions Sears made to U.S. retail rather than just lamenting its end.

Forum List

Back